British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2018

Watched Cook's heats on youtube and he did look to be some way off the pace, just didn't seem to have any speed. Hope he gets it right as it could dent his confidence a bit. I wonder if he has made any significant changes to his bikes over the winter?

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Exactly, I don't think too many people are particularly fussed with how their riders do in Poland or anywhere else for that matter.

I do think there is interest with this being Craig's first time as a GP rider. It well known he suffers from depression too so if things fail in Poland and a poor GP showing it could see him throw it all in. Last season he went AWOL with his issues. There will be fears things could become to much for him and affect his position with Belle Vue. 

• Like 2

I think its quite possible the GPs will be a step too far for Cookie,

but after the effort he's put into BV, and British speedway in general 

He certainly deserves his crack at the big boys,

wish we had more riders like him 

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

I can't agree more, I hope and wish Cookie all the best. I will be backing him in the GP's but we can't forget that he is a delicate soul. I just hope he has the right people behind him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

he’s not been picked by his polish side for their first league match this weekend.

No suprised he looked woeful in that practise meeting a couple of days ago. Not sure if it was nerves or whatever but he was all over the place. A far better rider than he showed the poles.

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, Daniel Smith said:

I do think there is interest with this being Craig's first time as a GP rider. It well known he suffers from depression too so if things fail in Poland and a poor GP showing it could see him throw it all in. Last season he went AWOL with his issues. There will be fears things could become to much for him and affect his position with Belle Vue. 

Agree with this, my worry is how a poor GP and struggling in the Polish league could affect his BV form, i thought his signing to be more of a gamble this season.

On 04/04/2018 at 4:59 PM, WestGorton1884 said:

If he's going to make that sort of standard he has to ride it. Nothing  ventured nothing gained..

Doesn't sound to good tbh. He will be missing for a while from what I hear. Lemo has a big job on his hand. Does he go for a straight replacement or a total team 're build. 

29 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Doesn't sound to good tbh. He will be missing for a while from what I hear. Lemo has a big job on his hand. Does he go for a straight replacement or a total team 're build. 

Let's keep our fingers crossed, almost impossible to replace him 

42 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Worrall has been riding well so a blow for Belle Vue. This is a problem for the premiership clubs, when a rider gets injured riding in the championship. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Best wishes to Worrall, hope he recovers soon. It's a problem for Championship clubs too when one of their team gets injured in the Premiership,  unfortunately that's speedway these  days.

Edited by comet49