British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2018

Zagar should be on his final 2016 average of 7.48 (unless its deemed to be increased due to his GP performances?) lol

Well Lindback a GP rider came back to the British league on an assessed average of 7 last year so why not Zager next year lol.

• Like 1

Well Lindback a GP rider came back to the British league on an assessed average of 7 last year so why not Zager next year lol.

Zagar rode last year as did Woryna for Poole so last season's averages apply.

Lindback hadn't ridden UK for more than 3 years so the rules allow for an adjustment.

Simple really.

Some unrealistic dreamland sides being named there! After the massive losses of 2016 does anyone think Zagar Drabik would come cheap? In any case can't imagine The PZM or Wroclaw allowing Drabik over

Well since we're in fantasy land I wonder what are the chances of bringing Vaclav Milic to the NSS? I really like watching him ride and can imagine he would be something special once he had the track sussed.

Edited by nw42
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

1. Cook

2. Hougaard

3. Holder/Woffinden

4. Tungate

5. Zagar/Fricke

6. Bewley

7. Smith

I would think the ONLY certainty of a 2018 team place is the very talented & popular Dan Bewley............ the rest of the team will be determined by averages & cost, one thing for sure, most riders would love to have Belle Vue as their home race track.

• Like 1

I would think the ONLY certainty of a 2018 team place is the very talented & popular Dan Bewley............ the rest of the team will be determined by averages & cost, one thing for sure, most riders would love to have Belle Vue as their home race track.

indeed cost does come into it, but if a team is built on the cheap and the product shows it to be cheap, then the best track in the UK could become a white Elephant,

HEARD a rumour that the Council (MCC) are going to fund covers fort the track in 2018.

Yes. Eddie Smith said so at the maugers ball.

He is going to the council for more money to improve facilities and track covers

Yes. Eddie Smith said so at the maugers ball.

He is going to the council for more money to improve facilities and track covers

Hope you guys are successful in getting them.

I think UK Summers seem to be getting more unpredictable with maybe more rain when we should be basking in the Sun.

Track covers are a great idea and I am sure they would reduce the amount of meetings lost and also importantly protect the tracks from getting too wet to the degree it affects good racing.

Rain is the scourge of our sport and with so many more meetings than say the Poles etc then clubs need to protect their tracks where possible so they don't end up with end of season and non race night replacements.

Good luck to BV is their quest to get some reasonable funding for them.

• Like 3

Hope you guys are successful in getting them.

I think UK Summers seem to be getting more unpredictable with maybe more rain when we should be basking in the Sun.

Track covers are a great idea and I am sure they would reduce the amount of meetings lost and also importantly protect the tracks from getting too wet to the degree it affects good racing.

Rain is the scourge of our sport and with so many more meetings than say the Poles etc then clubs need to protect their tracks where possible so they don't end up with end of season and non race night replacements.

Good luck to BV is their quest to get some reasonable funding for them.

Great idea. To go on from that point all Extraliga clubs must have covers by 2020 excluding Torun(roof) and Wroclaw because they already have them.

Once again a great idea.

• Like 1