British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2018

While the league is very even after Poole I don't see Belle Vie finishing outside the top four but for some horrendous injury issues.

Similarly unless those injury issues struck somebody else then any CL team added to the PL as they line up now would finish a comfortable 9th. 

Don't rate this BV team.

Drodz will struggle. Etheridge needed a season in the 2nd tier to get use to the away tracks. Could be the same regarding the top tier.

Will lose the scoring power of Bewley at reserve very quickly when he moves up into the 1-5. 

Top end isn't exactly that strong either when you look at other teams. 

17 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Don't rate this BV team.

Drodz will struggle. Etheridge needed a season in the 2nd tier to get use to the away tracks. Could be the same regarding the top tier.

Will lose the scoring power of Bewley at reserve very quickly when he moves up into the 1-5. 

Etheridge as been in 2nd tier 2 years now

To be honest ... I would have preferred to have Smith ( off 2 ) and use the difference for either Lasse Bjerre or Hougaard instead of Drozdz.

Que sera and hopefully Damian & Jye will do a great job and also up their averages. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

So only 1 and a bit seasons after Etheridge was described as one of the worst second tier riders ever, he manages to get a top flight spot!

Edinburgh were out of order to say that. It' only give him an extra boost to prove them wrong. And he diddnt half  do that. 

Jye won't be the best reserve by no means but he will hopefully do a job. He will only have 3 rides anyway as bewley will take the rest 

32 minutes ago, Shifty said:

To be honest ... I would have preferred to have Smith ( off 2 ) and use the difference for either Lasse Bjerre or Hougaard instead of Drozdz.

Que sera and hopefully Damian & Jye will do a great job and also up their averages. 

Think alot will be pleasantly surprised by drozdz. Obviously away from home he will need time. Maybe a full season but he will do well at home. 

It' a team built to win at home. Something we haven't had for 2 years so should hopefully make it a little easier to get into play offs. 

We'e not at pooles standard but then who is. 

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Don't rate this BV team.

Etheridge can't do much worse than Jack Smith's 1.75 and we still made the playoffs and won the KOC in spite of that. If Drozdz does end up dropping into reserve we would still be ok there, that could actually be beneficial. DB is too talented to be at reserve for long so that is a transition he is going to have to make sooner or later.

Poole's team looks good but I think it would be unfair to compare the lineups as this team has obviously been put together to a very different budget. Wolves and Swindon are a more similar comparison as they also had to choose between two over 8 riders and all three clubs have chosen to sacrifice their number one to keep the bulk of the team together. All three teams look fairly equal to me but it will be interesting to see how it pans out over the first few months of the season.

3 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Don't rate this BV team.

I like the look of this team Fricke and Cook can improve Bewley is an imerging talent and Worrall can add a bit more consistency.Also  even though Etheridge did not score many on his visit to the Abbey he has something and will do ok at home.I did think Belle Vue might of  gone for Pickering instead but Etheridge will do ok fingers crossed that Fricke kicks on this year Belle Vue need him to this side with the new pole will be exciting to watch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Don't rate this BV team.

How do you know Drozdz will struggle , or is that just your opinion ?

Cook , Fricke , Tungate , Worrall are a strong top 4 , especially if Tungate can carry on the good form he showed towards the end of the season  

Certainly As strrong a top 4 as any other team... on paper at least  

Edited by WestGorton1884

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Cook , Fricke , Tungate , Worrall are a strong top 4 , especially if Tungate can carry on the good form he showed towards the end of the season  

Would love to agree with you, but Poole on paper are the best team. Fortunately speedway is not raced on paper and we can all hope that the naturious Poole track will hamper the Poles and frustrate Holder into his "couldn't care less attitude"

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

I think Drozdz  is worth a punt what i have seen of him he looks like he could  be very useful away will be a learning curve for him but he will be fine at home.A really strong top four with a young talent at reserve also Etheridge can contribute.I just think this side has a better balance to it than say with Smith at reserve and a lasse Bjerre or  Hougaard in i am not a fan of either of those two.