British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2018

2 hours ago, ouch said:

???? , I'm simply saying if you already know what you’re giving, why not just reveal it in one go?

The BBC know which contestants will be competing in Strictly Come Dancing by early summer.

Why do they only reveal them one at a time in the last few weeks leading up to the programme's start in mid-September?

See if you can work out this homework on your own.

If all goes as planned....

Belle Vue    
Cook - 8.45
Drozd - 5.00
Tungate - 6.18
S Worall - 6.77
Fricke - 7.39
Bewley    4.60
A.N.Other => 4.11

Who is available on 4.11 that would add value?

Edited by Col

Shanes  2-95.      Etheridge  3.89.      Pickering  3.55.    Kurtz  4.02.   Gappmaier  4.00

These are the one's I can think of who could be OK - but there might be some unknown Pole or Swede or Dane out there already being spoken to ??

Massive year for Craig, I hope he can take his chance to reach the 'next level'. He might not be the strongest rider in the league but he is one of ours and nowadays it is uncommon for any rider to stick with one team for so long. Good luck to him!

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Loyalty doesn't win you league titles.

It will be interesting to see how well forcing riders into your team works for Poole and Lynn :lol: 

24 minutes ago, Aces High said:

Massive year for Craig, I hope he can take his chance to reach the 'next level'. He might not be the strongest rider in the league but he is one of ours and nowadays it is uncommon for any rider to stick with one team for so long. Good luck to him!

It will be interesting to see how well forcing riders into your team works for Poole and Lynn :lol: 

we have been very loyal to Holder in the past and good to have him back.

30 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

we have been very loyal to Holder in the past and good to have him back.

But you let him go for KK

Newman, Ellis prime examples of a lack of loyalty. 

I agree that loyalty doesnt make you successful but Poole are one of the worst when it comes to loyalty

Just now, Gavan said:

But you let him go for KK

Newman, Ellis prime examples of a lack of loyalty. 

I agree that loyalty doesnt make you successful but Poole are one of the worst when it comes to loyalty

No you are right but loyalty also does not always win you league titles. At times you need to be ruthless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Where was their loyalty?

Swindon signed a rider on a ridiculous average (Doyle) and they kept Morris who had a poor year the previous season.  That's loyalty and I believe both would still be riding for Swindon this year if the BSPA conference hadn't voted for the ridiculous one over 8 rule.

Not to mention Ellis - who had a poor start and was kept in the team!

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 4

What loyalty does achieve is continuity and many fans like to be able to identify with their team over a number of seasons, one of the reasons why the sport was popular in the 70's. Even better if you can retain a good level of local British riders and especially those who have progressed through the ranks from novice upwards. Of course loyalty has to be tempered with building good teams and fitting into the points limits but BelleVue have shown both historically and in recent seasons that it can be done.

• Like 5