British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2018

Would not touch Bates with a barge Pole... leave him at Sheffield

Bates is very good at building speed on fast tracks, dont think hed take long to get dialled in at nss, would be a good rider for Belle Vue.

Still think its a shame no one seems to be considering Jacobs....quality at the nss

• Like 1

Bates is very good at building speed on fast tracks, dont think hed take long to get dialled in at nss, would be a good rider for Belle Vue.

Still think its a shame no one seems to be considering Jacobs....quality at the nss

Regarding Joe , with Dan Bewley and Jack Smith almost certain starters in 2018 ,

It would be difficult to fit Joe in and retain a strong line up ,

• Like 1

Regarding Joe , with Dan Bewley and Jack Smith almost certain starters in 2018 ,

It would be difficult to fit Joe in and retain a strong line up ,

Got to agree with you, apart from 1 aces fan that I can think off, the rest of us took to Joe, his improvement was great, but sadly he couldn't match it away from the NSS. This would cost the team to many lost points away from home in 2018, points the rest of the team would find hard to find.

• Like 2

Seems to me its a choice between Stevie W and Rohan ?

Tough decision

Zagar 7.48

Bates 5.52

Fricke 7.39

Worrall. 6.77

Cook. 8.45

Bewley 4.71

Smith 2.00

For me, Tungate would be just about the first name down for the team.

Many of his home performances were brilliant last season and the way he scored his points was equally as good.

Haven't seen a better potential line up than Aces 51's and that must be a very real possibility.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Zagar, Hougaard/Bjerre, Fricke, Tungate, Cook, Bewley and Smith looks a very strong team to me. Three strong heat leaders who all know the BV track better than most, two of which will be regular GP stars next year. Two solid second string riders, with one of them being consistently brilliant around the NSS. One very exciting reserve who is getting better and better. The only real uncertainty I guess is around Jack, and even he improved a lot towards the back end of last season.

I think Zagar, Fricke, Tungate and even Bewley are all steals on their averages.

Edited by TheOpinion
  • Like 1

I dont think those sides are great they could put together better sides than that.

Agree that they could put a better side together but this is what they will have.

Cook is BV through and through. Bewley isn't going anywhere, Tungate is dynamite around the NSS, Fricke will be staying due to the Mark Lemon connection.

Leave 3 spots

Need a No.7 are BV going to go for a new No.7 or will they stick with Smith who got better towards the end of the year. Obvious to me.

Zagar wants a British return and he loves BV bargain buy imo especially after last season. Which leaves 1 spot.

Agree that they could put a better side together but this is what they will have.

Cook is BV through and through. Bewley isn't going anywhere, Tungate is dynamite around the NSS, Fricke will be staying due to the Mark Lemon connection.

Leave 3 spots

Need a No.7 are BV going to go for a new No.7 or will they stick with Smith who got better towards the end of the year. Obvious to me.

Zagar wants a British return and he loves BV bargain buy imo especially after last season. Which leaves 1 spot.

Lasse Bjerre or Hougaard would be ideal for that last remaining spot ,

Aces would be hard pressed to put a much stronger team than that out if Im honest

I dont think those sides are great they could put together better sides than that.

Really ? , I don't think we could build a much stronger side than that , considering the rule changes

Edited by WestGorton1884

Krystian Pieszczek , Great signing by Leicester

Wonder if the Aces could go down similar route and sign a young Polish rider ?

Drabik , Smektala . spring to mind

Damn it ;-)

There was me thinking that we could at least have one of the two riding alongside Woryna at Poole on hopefully a low assessed GSA in 2108 as both are under 21 and neither have ever ridden British Speedway.

I would have either as both have VERY bright futures in POL but prefer to have Drabyk who for me is a future WC.

But am not greedy - If you get one will gladly take the other.

Unfortunately I fear we can only dream as both have signed for both POL & SWE and being young riders will probably get lots of meetings in things like World U21 indv and POL U21 team events and maybe even POL senior team comp.

But that's why we have a BSF so we can speculate/dream and hope we can secure young riders of such great quality.

I know we have one on hopefully that crazy low GSA in Woryna but I will always support having the Worlds best young riders learning their trade also on our smaller trickier/more technical tracks that have held riders like Magic Janowski in such good stead in the SGP.

In the meantime lets continue the dream huh ?? ;-)

Just watched some B/vue DVDs from 2010/11.Its makes me wonder why the hell I bought the DVDs and why the hell I spent so much money watching speedway there the track and racing was terrible.

It made me realise more than ever how lucky we are to now be able to watch speedway at the NSS.So a belated very very big thank you to Mr Morton and Mr Gordon and all involved first of all for keeping speedway going at the dog hole it can't have been an easy task and in delivering the NSS to us all.Watching the DVDs has made me realise that its even better than I already though it was.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 3

Just watched some B/vue DVDs from 2010/11.Its makes me wonder why the hell I bought the DVDs and why the hell I spent so much money watching speedway there the track and racing was terrible.

It made me realise more than ever how lucky we are to now be able to watch speedway at the NSS.So a belated very very big thank you to Mr Morton and Mr Gordon and all involved first of all for keeping speedway going at the dog hole it can't have been an easy task and in delivering the NSS to us all.Watching the DVDs has made me realise that its even better than I already though it was.

I think you are being a bit (?) harsh. OK it's easy to sit here with our great new stadium and especially the new track and dismiss all that went before as poor.

Truth is that Kirky Lane saw some great racing at times. Those of us who saw virtually all the home meetings down the 27 years we were there will point to classic racing from the Morans, Jason Crump and lots more.

Yes, the stadium did seem pretty basic at best towards the end of our tenancy there but those of us who were there at the start in 1988 can look back on some terrific racing at the place. It would be a shame to dismiss all those years as poor just because we have now got it so good.

• Like 3

I think you are being a bit (?) harsh. OK it's easy to sit here with our great new stadium and especially the new track and dismiss all that went before as poor.

Truth is that Kirky Lane saw some great racing at times. Those of us who saw virtually all the home meetings down the 27 years we were there will point to classic racing from the Morans, Jason Crump and lots more.

Yes, the stadium did seem pretty basic at best towards the end of our tenancy there but those of us who were there at the start in 1988 can look back on some terrific racing at the place. It would be a shame to dismiss all those years as poor just because we have now got it so good.

I am not new to the sport B.V 72 indicates my top team while I have supported Belle vue.

I agree for a good few years Kirky lane was fine and the racing was good(though not a patch on Hyde road or the NSS) and the place saved the sport in Manchester so I will always be thankful to the place for that.

But watching the DVDs from 2010/11 showed how much the track had gone down hill in the later years it was rougth as hell it had a blue grove was dusty and gate 4 was a massive advantage to name but a few problems.Stock cars really played their roll in destroying the track.

I M O if it was not for Gorton and Morton and their dream of the new stadium and their will to keep the sport alive in Manchester. With the state of the stadium and how bad the track had become Belle vue speedway would have closed down a good few years ago.