British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

3 hours ago, Dandelion said:

No news, but I was just playing around with some numbers... I'm bored, I know I'm dreaming, and it's more of a bit of fun than anything, but I think this would be an amazing team, solid all the way throughout and a decent number 1, and when Ash and Tero went into the main body and Kasper/Jonas and Kenneth went to reserve it would be even better :) Would be extremely harsh on Matthew and Carl though :(

1. Kevin Wolbert 8.00 (Always been a fan, would love to see him riding in this country again, not sure if he rides in Poland though?)

2. Jonas Jeppsen/Kasper Andersen 5.20 (Both already located in England so they'd have equipment over here, makes sense and both look good, would be really strong number 2s, also not sure about Poland?)

3. Kenneth Hansen 6.74 (When he first came back over here a few years ago he was linked to us, not the best rider ever but I'm a fan and he'd be surrounded by a good team)

4. Bradley Wilson Dean 5.61 (Seemed to have done amazing for Workington and they look as if they're just sticking with Mason, good signing but Ellis Perks is another possibility?)

5. Ludvig Lindgren 6.89 (Captain, everyone knows my opinion of him and it'll get him away from that difficult number 1 spot, which he shouldn't be in!!)

6. Tero Aarnio 5.05 (Second best reserve in the league)

7. Ashley Morris 4.93 (Best reserve in the league)

Total 42.42

Really i want some of what your on Morris is crap anywhere but S*it heap park , and how can Morris be best reserve in league ? with a lower average than Aarnio who is also total crap

Edited by homer
Poor site edited it for me have a word BSF

10 hours ago, homer said:

Really i want some of what your on Morris is crap anywhere but S*it heap park , and how can Morris be best reserve in league ? with a lower average than Aarnio who is also total crap

Sorry, I forgot about Jordan Stewart and Theo Pijper, who are both clearly far beyond the levels of anything the Diamonds have to offer :) And just because Aarnio has a higher average, doesn't mean he's the better rider, is Rasmus Jensen (no offence) better than Bewley? Not really...

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Two more tweets from the Club but still no word about the team.

I hope something happens soon...

Well if it's all happening before Berwick on Sunday, it must be announced soon? Unless of course something has gone wrong in negotiations :(

Just now, Dandelion said:

Well if it's all happening before Berwick on Sunday, it must be announced soon? Unless of course something has gone wrong in negotiations :(

No negotiations necessary really.  It's a challenge match, so we could use seven guests if we want (providing Berwick agreed).  The only thing would be is when the team has to be declared, even then changes could be made (again with Berwick's agreement).

17 minutes ago, StevePark said:

No negotiations necessary really.  It's a challenge match, so we could use seven guests if we want (providing Berwick agreed).  The only thing would be is when the team has to be declared, even then changes could be made (again with Berwick's agreement).

I meant negotiations with the rider, we planned on getting him in before the Berwick meeting but we haven't for some reason!!

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Not really. It could be as late as Sunday morning. as long as Berwick agree to it as Steve says. As long as he has a license recognised by the british authorities. The official redeclaration won't need to be made until 72 hours before the Redcar match on the 27th. There's been no announcement as to who we are using as guests on Saturday at Peterborough yet, apart from possibly Paul Starke (though he has to be doubtful after his recent spills). we are missing Tero as well for that match.

8 hours ago, StevePark said:

Surely it would be better to get the team in place before then so that they can bond and get used to riding together?

31 minutes ago, KevH said:

Surely it would be better to get the team in place before then so that they can bond and get used to riding together?

Are we actually signing rider(s), or just having a look at one (or two)?  

19 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Well if it's triallists on  Sunday I hope we adopt the 1920s formulation and call them A.N Other, Dan D. Lyon and such.

I thought I would have a sense of anticipation about this, but I don t,  for some reason - is it just me or do things seem a bit flat?

Things do seem a bit flat this Season. I've been on a diet. ;):DB)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well it looks like the 'trialists' idea went bust, unless R/R for Robson and an injured Manzares, who last I heard was in a county ambulance with a back injury... Yesterday... are our replacements