British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

17 hours ago, The White Knight said:

As someone else noted - SNAFU!!!

Good Post.

Regarding Lindgren's Equipment - where are his best Bikes - Newcastle or Sweden?

Silly thing to say, if I may say so.  His bikes in Sweden will be tuned to suit Swedish tracks and his UK bikes tuned to suit the UK tracks.

The hidden agenda from yourself to suggest he keeps his 'best bikes' (not that there is such a thing) in Sweden, is, to be honest, quite appalling, in my opinion.

Lindgren (and Robson) are both on a hiding to nothing at numbers 1 and 5

and lindgren has to face the opposition top 2 in heat 13 as opposed to his counter-part and a reserve in heat 14 - so instead of getting 2-3 points in that heat he's getting 1-2 in heat 13 so his average is only going 1 way - and that's down

lindgren also has the pressure of being the number 1 and set the tone for the team

Yes - he is currently not riding to his potential

Yes he is having bike problems and with all sports u need to be confident to perform at your best (LOOK AT 4 TIME WORLD CHAMPION LEWIS HAMILTON) - which lindgren clearly is not

Lindgren looks like a rider under pressure and certainly doesn't look as though hes enjoying racing atm - imho

I don't recall lindgren ever proclaiming he is a number 1  (hes a third heat leader with potential to be better) yet people are expecting him to ride and score like one

As ive said  I don't have a problem with the 7 riders riding for us - just not in the same team

And lindgren is an enigma - v Sheffield - superb 3rd to 1st in heat 1 ...........  then beaten by the opposition reserve in heat 6 !!!  that's luddo :)    but superbly entertaining around Brough when in form

• Like 1

The thing with Lindgren though if you take out heat 13 he still has to face the opposing heat leader 3 times during a meeting, it’s no different to riding at number 4 surely? He still has to face the same riders minus heat 14. Granted he is so inconsistent. Some of his away scores are disgraceful for someone who’s been around the tracks as long as he has. 

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Silly thing to say, if I may say so.  His bikes in Sweden will be tuned to suit Swedish tracks and his UK bikes tuned to suit the UK tracks.

The hidden agenda from yourself to suggest he keeps his 'best bikes' (not that there is such a thing) in Sweden, is, to be honest, quite appalling, in my opinion.

whilst not suggesting its happening here, it has been known before. And the idea that some bikes are better than others is reasonable isn't it?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StevePark said:

if you are appalled by my question Steve - then I am very surprised.

I have lost count of the number of Premier League Riders alleged to have stated that they keep their best Bikes in Poland. They say that for a reason. There is more money to be made in Poland.

I merely asked a question, I have no "hidden Agenda", my feelings about Lindgren are well known. I think he should be scoring better than he is away from Home. The only thing I will agree with is that he is not a Number One, we don't have one.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The White Knight said:

I merely asked a question, I have no "hidden Agenda", my feelings about Lindgren are well known. I think he should be scoring better than he is away from Home. The only thing I will agree with is that he is not a Number One, we don't have one.

No, we should have 2 to 8 and, they should re-print the programmes and other stuff ;)

All will be well for you lot on Sunday when the patched up walking wounded Witches arrive for you to gain revenge with a home thrashing of your own :(

11 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

All will be well for you lot on Sunday when the patched up walking wounded Witches arrive for you to gain revenge with a home thrashing of your own :(

But it will be the Newcastle 'Patched up' Diamonds Vs the Ipswich 'Walking Wounded' Witches, it's evens it out!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

But it will be the Newcastle 'Patched up' Diamonds Vs the Ipswich 'Walking Wounded' Witches, it's evens it out!!

Sponsored by accidentline.com? 

Is speedway missing a trick ;)

14 hours ago, KevH said:

So, any news/rumours on the possible addition to The Diamonds' team?

George said on Tuesday (interview with Roy Clarke for the Speedway Portal), they thought they had found someone to come in, but, whoever it was, decided they "didn't want to ride in the Championship," so we "may have to look at a foreign rider."

6 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

thats a no for kennett then

Surely, it wouldn't have been Kennett after previously not wanting to ?

and what averages to foreign riders come in on these days ?

Edited by ruffdiamond

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Surely, it wouldn't have been Kennett after previously not wanting to ?

and what averages to foreign riders come in on these days ?

They all seem to be 5.2

5 hours ago, Gating tart said:

it was Kasper Lykke who changed his mind after agreeing terms at the start at the season 

Still time for him to change his mind...?