British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

16 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Ludvig's heat 1 win on Sunday was a fine ride, just needs to get his machinery issues sorted...

Wish I'd been there to see it, sounds like it was a cracking meeting, I'm still in Finland and have only seen them once this year!!

9 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Those new averages are based over  20 last meetings in both 2017 and 2018, and now include Championship Shield points, despite League Cup and Shield meetings not usually included. It does men the likes of Ludde has only just dropped a little, and Ash's average has only increase marginally after it has been rolled over the 20 meetings. With Robbo at number 1, we can get a decent number 1 for the next 5 meetings,  giving the promotion a breather to get a Rose replacement in during that month.

No offence to Robbo, he's a great man and all that, but I wouldn't exactly call him a decent number 1 either, no rider in our team is a number 1, but as long as we have good reserves, that's not too bad I guess

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Those new averages are based over  20 last meetings in both 2017 and 2018, and now include Championship Shield points, despite League Cup and Shield meetings not usually included. It does men the likes of Ludde has only just dropped a little, and Ash's average has only increase marginally after it has been rolled over the 20 meetings. With Robbo at number 1, we can get a decent number 1 for the next 5 meetings,  giving the promotion a breather to get a Rose replacement in during that month.

The choice of guests for Robbo hasn't changed simply because his average hasn't changed. It's just that whoever guests (assuming we continue to go down that route) will be at No1 instead of No 3 or 5 or wherever.

Revised list has been issued today which sees quite a few changed for a number of teams!!

Lindgren still at no1 :o

This most recent list includes 30 meetings rather than the previously stated 20 meeting sample :rolleyes:

I would say you couldnt make it up but clearly someone is!

47 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Revised list has been issued today which sees quite a few changed for a number of teams!!

Lindgren still at no1 :o

This most recent list includes 30 meetings rather than the previously stated 20 meeting sample :rolleyes:

I would say you couldnt make it up but clearly someone is!

I'm not too sure if that's good news or bad!! The new list means that we now have 8.45 to play with to replace Lewis. That's the good news. The bad news is Robbo's average has dropped from 7.02 to 6.65 which further restricts our choice of guests. For example Lewis Kerr is no longer eligible (even with the 5% bonus allowed for home meetings) although Palm Toft still fits for Robbo but not Lewis Rose (who's average, for some reason, hasn't changed),

The issue of this first set of revised green sheets has been shambolic to say the least.

Shield or no shield meetings included

20 meetings then 30 meetings

All these changes after teams had declared their sides for this weeks meetings before now finding out guests are not now allowable in some cases or no longer elligible in others 

17 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The issue of this first set of revised green sheets has been shambolic to say the least.

All these changes after teams had declared their sides for this weeks meetings before now finding out guests are not now allowable in some cases or no longer elligible in others 

It's called   BSPA/ SCB  transparency I believe. What a shocker here we are 4/5 weeks into the season and still nobody knows what the rules are regarding averages and the championship shield is so ill thought out it's a total shambles.

4 hours ago, The White Knight said:

He is under performing though RD. Perhaps a rest from the Captaincy might help. We already have an ideal replacement for that job in 'Robbo'.

I think he should have been given it in the first place.

What if Lindgren goes to Reserve - not an impossible scenario the way things are going for him this Season? :)

as I mentioned earlier,  based on this seasons matches so far, only Ash and Tero are performing to, or above their averages. I agree that Ludde is under performing, as to is Robbo, Wethers, Wilkinson and Rose was. Although the critism of those riders seems non existant. I don't find that strange at all tho, but in my opinion I don't agree with it.

Edited by ruffdiamond

2 hours ago, leander said:

The choice of guests for Robbo hasn't changed simply because his average hasn't changed. It's just that whoever guests (assuming we continue to go down that route) will be at No1 instead of No 3 or 5 or wherever.

????

Yes. I mistakedly still had Robbo on 7.02, so same old for his replacements.

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

WKD,,, you could be right and Lindgren could have a spell at reserve,,, but of the 6 riders we have at present, Lindgren will end the season on a higher average than Robbo, Wethers, Wilko and Tero. I am open to a wager on it ;)

Definately true. Ludde has done 3 engines in this year, and when he gets over that he is easily able to get back to a 7.5 average.

4 hours ago, The White Knight said:

He is under performing though RD. Perhaps a rest from the Captaincy might help. We already have an ideal replacement for that job in 'Robbo'.

I think he should have been given it in the first place.

What if Lindgren goes to Reserve - not an impossible scenario the way things are going for him this Season? :)

Except he's missing for most of May at least.

26 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Definately true. Ludde has done 3 engines in this year, 

Thats not good, do you think he's been riding them too fast ??? ;)

one of them was 'back-firing' the other day, and me dog ended up hiding in the shower,,, he was really upset and a don't think he'll ever get over it, a had to take him home :(

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

as I mentioned earlier,  based on this seasons matches so far, only Ash and Tero are performing to, or above their averages. I agree that Ludde is under performing, as to is Robbo, Wethers, Wilkinson and Rose was. Although the critism of those riders seems non existant. I don't find that strange at all tho, but in my opinion I don't agree with it.

It's still early in the season - I think Wethers and Wilkinson are doing OK and have decent starts to build on. Robson has simply not been on a bike long enough to assess although I was pleased when he was announced...Rose has, yes, underperformed, but his crash with Danny at Brough Park and his accident riding for King's Lynn shortly after seem to have taken their toll. But for those 2 accidents he might have been working towards #1 - what a shame.

Tero looking a very decent rider this season.

Can't comment on Ashley as I have run out of superlatives.

My biggest concern so far is my favourite rider Ludvig - big machinery problems, but if he's riding in the Swedish league that won't help to make time to sort them...I expect the promoters will give him more time, but he can't carry on scoring only 5 on home shale...

• Like 3

22 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

As someone else noted - SNAFU!!!

18 hours ago, PaulS said:

It's still early in the season - I think Wethers and Wilkinson are doing OK and have decent starts to build on. Robson has simply not been on a bike long enough to assess although I was pleased when he was announced...Rose has, yes, underperformed, but his crash with Danny at Brough Park and his accident riding for King's Lynn shortly after seem to have taken their toll. But for those 2 accidents he might have been working towards #1 - what a shame.

Tero looking a very decent rider this season.

Can't comment on Ashley as I have run out of superlatives.

My biggest concern so far is my favourite rider Ludvig - big machinery problems, but if he's riding in the Swedish league that won't help to make time to sort them...I expect the promoters will give him more time, but he can't carry on scoring only 5 on home shale...

Good Post.

Regarding Lindgren's Equipment - where are his best Bikes - Newcastle or Sweden?

22 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Thats not good, do you think he's been riding them too fast ??? ;)

one of them was 'back-firing' the other day, and me dog ended up hiding in the shower,,, he was really upset and a don't think he'll ever get over it, a had to take him home :(

Rumoured that there's a bad batch of GM's floating around that are blowing up because they're faulty. Have heard that Summers has been GIVEN a new one from GM because of this. I've no idea how true this is.

1 hour ago, leander said:

Rumoured that there's a bad batch of GM's floating around that are blowing up because they're faulty. Have heard that Summers has been GIVEN a new one from GM because of this. I've no idea how true this is.

Lindgren must have been getting this same dodgy batch for years then, as what I see this year is exactly the same as we have seen since the day he joined us. Promises so much, delivers very little, excuses always given, and never can be truelly relied on when needed.... He is who he is, an enigma, who will score an 18 point max against the odd day his confidence is high at home, will pass the odd star in a race at home and have everyone on their feet..... for that we get average performances at home being beaten off riders with half the potential and sometimes half the age, and away will always score next to nothing...... except Edinburgh and the odd Redcar. 

Amazingly his engines always work at Edinburgh and on those days he rides Redcar well, every year they always play up at all the other tracks.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

Lindgren must have been getting this same dodgy batch for years then, as what I see this year is exactly the same as we have seen since the day he joined us. Promises so much, delivers very little, excuses always given, and never can be truelly relied on when needed.... He is who he is, an enigma, who will score an 18 point max against the odd day his confidence is high at home, will pass the odd star in a race at home and have everyone on their feet..... for that we get average performances at home being beaten off riders with half the potential and sometimes half the age, and away will always score next to nothing...... except Edinburgh and the odd Redcar. 

Amazingly his engines always work at Edinburgh and on those days he rides Redcar well, every year they always play up at all the other tracks.

So are you accusing him (or his mechanic, who doesn't seem to have the best reputation) of tampering with his bike, or purposely riding crap at tracks he doesn't like? I'm sure he is the person who wants points scored the most, after all it is his income... The good thing about Ludvig is that he does have great races where he passes stars, or nights where he is untouchable, and generally it's some of the best racing out there, I know it doesn't happen a lot, but when it does, to me, it makes all the rest of the meetings where he's struggled worth it... However, I must say that I don't think someone like that should be a number 1, or a number 5 really, it was better last year when he was in the 3/4 partnership all year (Still my favourite diamond) Although Ashley is pushing for that lol

The crux of the problem is that he is not a no 1 so his performances aren’t highlighted as much when at 3 or 4, he is so inconsistent and an enigma not one of my favourite riders but it’s due to the team build up he’s coming up for so much stick the same thing happened a couple of years ago, you can’t just expect a 7 point rider to be a no 1 they are a 7 point rider for a reason(inconsistency) you can’t expect him to constantly knocking in the points worral and lambert bagged as they were 9 point riders, it would appear mechanically he could do better but if there is any blame it’s in the team make up, as I’ve said before if he rides to his average that’s all he can do.

• Like 1