British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

I say we wait until next months averages come out before we look for a replacement, then maybe Kevin Wolbert might fit?

Or maybe someone daft like Kenneth Bjerre or Patrick Hougaard if they're available on Sundays? At least if this is out last season we'll go out with someone to cheer on, (no offence to our current riders, I love them all but there isn't exactly a big, exciting name)

Kenneth Bjerre/Patrick Hougaard and Danny Ayres in for Lewis and Carl maybe? Have absolutely no idea if that'd fit... Hopwood instead of Ayres might fit?

I know I'm just living in dream land though haha

Then have the team as

Kenneth/Patrick

Tero

Ludvig

Stormy

Robbo

Ayres/Hopwood

Ash

3 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

I say we wait until next months averages come out before we look for a replacement, then maybe Kevin Wolbert might fit?

Or maybe someone daft like Kenneth Bjerre or Patrick Hougaard if they're available on Sundays? At least if this is out last season we'll go out with someone to cheer on, (no offence to our current riders, I love them all but there isn't exactly a big, exciting name)

Kenneth Bjerre/Patrick Hougaard and Danny Ayres in for Lewis and Carl maybe? Have absolutely no idea if that'd fit... Hopwood instead of Ayres might fit?

I know I'm just living in dream land though haha

Then have the team as

Kenneth/Patrick

Tero

Ludvig

Stormy

Robbo

Ayres/Hopwood

Ash

Bjerre and  Hougaard  both averaged over 6 in the premier league in 2017 so wouldn't be allowed.

13 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Bjerre and  Hougaard  both averaged over 6 in the premier league in 2017 so wouldn't be allowed.

But is there a way to bend the rules? Like with the one rider above 8 in original declared line up but then you can have 2 after that in the prem, can we do that? Or is it ok for some rules to be bent but not others? :)

You have to feel for the Newcastle promotion, they try all winter to secure a No1 and having found one at the last minute they now lose him through no fault of their own. Obviously they will receive a guest facility for 28 days and then make a signing in that time, but could Lewis Rose not come back into the team once he has had his time away to get whatever needs sorted sorted. On the other hand now that the Polish league has started and one or two riders are getting the regular racing they thought they would maybe Newcastle could look there as surely a full time job at Newcastle is better than waiting for a chance in Poland.

25 minutes ago, leander said:

Errr. Wasn't that rule rescinded?? Isn't that how Panthers got Nicholls?

Are Bjerre and Hougaard 'home grown' does that mean they have to be British or they they've spent some of their career in this country already, what does that mean?

33 minutes ago, leander said:

New green sheet averages from 01 May show a little change. Overall team average drops slightly from 41.24 to 41.10 meaning we have 7.87 to play with regarding a replacement for Lewis. Robbo moves to number 1. Ash stays (just) at reserve for another month. Result!

Robson at 1 could be even more dodgy than Ludvig!! But I feel that Ludvig will be better in the main body that Robson is, so maybe it's ok in the end. Although I'm glad Ash it at reserve still :)

25 minutes ago, leander said:

I believe this was allowed  because he is British , and bspa bowed down on advice of SCB after pressure was put on them with  the threat of barristers being involved and a possible expensive court case . Personally I think the common sense solution would be all riders should have the chance to ride in both divisions as long as the team max allowance is adhered to

1 hour ago, leander said:

53 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Are Bjerre and Hougaard 'home grown' does that mean they have to be British or they they've spent some of their career in this country already, what does that mean?

am sure that 'home grown', in lamens terms, actually means, ' Brits only',,, but with 'Britex' and that going on, it might upset a few ;)

New green sheet averages from 01 May show a little change. Overall team average drops slightly from 41.24 to 41.10 meaning we have 7.87 to play with regarding a replacement for Lewis. Robbo moves to number 1. Ash stays (just) at reserve for another month. Result!

If Robbo goes to no.1,,, I had better load up me 'ammo' for WKD ;)

With Tero riding ok and, if Matty can score above his average, or maintain it, we might be able to squeeze a bit more out of Ash at reserve.

Edited by ruffdiamond

On 30/04/2018 at 8:07 AM, ruffdiamond said:

I think the fact that Ash was second in 'rider of the year' after he joined us late in 2016 says a lot, then last year also. 

He may have been like the littlest hobo in the past, but his words after the meeting last night were very encouraging.

Unfortunately, a think Ludde is always gonna be the whipping boy :-(.

He is under performing though RD. Perhaps a rest from the Captaincy might help. We already have an ideal replacement for that job in 'Robbo'.

I think he should have been given it in the first place.

20 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

If Robbo goes to no.1,,, I had better load up me 'ammo' for WKD ;)

What if Lindgren goes to Reserve - not an impossible scenario the way things are going for him this Season? :)

Up to and including:                        
Sunday, October 22, 2017                        
AVERAGES M R P B GSA Ave. 1st 2nd 3rd 4th R Ex
Robert Lambert 28 133 310 14 9.32 9.74 75 34 17 4 2 1
Steve Worrall 29 142 324 11 9.13 9.44 78 37 16 7 1 3
Ludvig Lindgren 33 146 263 29 7.21 8.00 43 50 34 17 0 2
Stuart Robson 14 61 107 13 7.02 7.87 13 26 16 4 1 1
Ashley Morris 36 150 183 33 4.88 5.76 22 34 49 35 4 6
Ben Hopwood 30 122 75 14 2.46 2.92 3 12 42 59 2 4
Alfie Bowtell 20 86 47 13 2.19 2.79 0 9 29 44 2 2
Lewis Rose 18 77 125 20 6.49 7.53 16 29 19 8 1 4
Danny Phillips 4 16 14 5 3.50 4.75 2 2 4 5 2 1
Dan Greenwood 3 12 6 1 2.00 2.33 1 1 1 9 0 0
Connor Coles 12 45 7 2 0.62 0.80 0 1 5 33 2 4

Last year Ludvig averaged third highest in our team, behind Steve and Robert which is reasonable, he averaged better than Robson and Lewis (Our other two heat leaders so far this year) How does he under perform and the likes of Robson and Lewis don't? Fair enough, he's had a shaky start to this year, but the whole team has, what did anyone else expect? He's in a position that he shouldn't be in (number 1) and the whole team throughout is pretty weak compared to other teams in the league, we have no money and we've been told since last November that this year would be dodgy, as RD says, Ludvig will always be the whipping boy

However, I do agree, Robbo, Ash or even Wilko should maybe be the captain, never quite understood the captaincy for Ludvig other than the fact he's been a face at Newcastle for many years so it's a bit of familiarity

Ludvig's heat 1 win on Sunday was a fine ride, just needs to get his machinery issues sorted...

23 hours ago, leander said:

Those new averages are based over  20 last meetings in both 2017 and 2018, and now include Championship Shield points, despite League Cup and Shield meetings not usually included. It does men the likes of Ludde has only just dropped a little, and Ash's average has only increase marginally after it has been rolled over the 20 meetings. With Robbo at number 1, we can get a decent number 1 for the next 5 meetings,  giving the promotion a breather to get a Rose replacement in during that month.