British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

3 hours ago, Arson fire said:

If meant if i just want to go and watch speedway any old speedway i could go to Redcar... maybe im different but i want to see my team win or be competative...I dont go to Nufc games hoping to see a good game, ( gave season ticket up few years ago but still go about 7/8 times a year and to away games) i go to see us hopefully win or be competitive, i dont go to the basketball to see a good game i go to see us hopefully win or be competitive... why should speedway be different to me?? 

Its up to the promotion/ owner to get the fans there, not the fans to blindly pay top dollar come what may surely?? 

If that makes you a better fan than me then on you go... but who are you to tell me what i should think and basically what i should do??

Good luck to the Diamonds this year, id love a bit of humble pie!!

Spot on Arson fire I will not be attending this year had issues last year so I made my decision I would not go back last  season, but I do wish the team well especially Carl & Stuy good look lads.

1 minute ago, mike7164 said:

Spot on Arson fire I will not be attending this year had issues last year so I made my decision I would not go back last  season, but I do wish the team well especially Carl & Stuy good look lads.

You just going to sit in the house with your dummy hanging out?

26 minutes ago, Winditon said:

You just going to sit in the house with your dummy hanging out?

No dummy out here mate unless you are of course talking about your own, but I have my reasons that I am not prepared air on here but I made it known to the right people at the time, but I will still support the team from a distance! 

Edited by mike7164

7 hours ago, mike7164 said:

No dummy out here mate unless you are of course talking about your own, but I have my reasons that I am not prepared air on here but I made it known to the right people at the time, but I will still support the team from a distance

7 hours ago, mike7164 said:

No dummy out here mate unless you are of course talking about your own, but I have my reasons that I am not prepared air on here but I made it known to the right people at the time, but I will still support the team from a distance! 

HA HA.

I don't watch it for free, and while I don't think the team will be competitive, I'm just glad to see a team out there for 2018 (If yet completely announced!!) I'm sure at many points during the season we'll have great rides to watch from the likes of Morris, Robbo and Wilko but I'm also sure that at some points the end of the season can't come soon enough, but I'm sure all Newport, Halifax, Hull etc... fans would love to be in our position right now

I still keep my opinion though, we should have dropped to NL, even only for a year until we got our financial problems sorted, people said if we did crowds would drop, but it looks like they're going to anyway, going by what people are saying on here, a NL team of something like Ashley, Ruddick, Alfie, Danny, Hopwood(or wilko if he'd have fit), Embleton and Burton would have been nice to watch for a year, something different

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

I don't watch it for free, and while I don't think the team will be competitive, I'm just glad to see a team out there for 2018 (If yet completely announced!!) I'm sure at many points during the season we'll have great rides to watch from the likes of Morris, Robbo and Wilko but I'm also sure that at some points the end of the season can't come soon enough, but I'm sure all Newport, Halifax, Hull etc... fans would love to be in our position right now

I still keep my opinion though, we should have dropped to NL, even only for a year until we got our financial problems sorted, people said if we did crowds would drop, but it looks like they're going to anyway, going by what people are saying on here, a NL team of something like Ashley, Ruddick, Alfie, Danny, Hopwood(or wilko if he'd have fit), Embleton and Burton would have been nice to watch for a year, something different

I think me and you and just a few more might still be prepared to still support our club with our hard earned pennies dandelion judging by reactions on here.

10 minutes ago, Winditon said:

I think me and you and just a few more might still be prepared to still support our club with our hard earned pennies dandelion judging by reactions on here.

I can understand why people don't want to spend their money, it's their money, they do what they want with it

If I really liked a drink, for example, and they changed the ingredients in the drink, and I didn't like it anymore, I wouldn't keep buying it just because it was my favourite before, I would stop, same theory applies for sports teams, music, just about anything, so I can see where these people are coming from, me however, I know I will still love watching the speedway on a Sunday night :D And think it's still worth the money

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

I can understand why people don't want to spend their money, it's their money, they do what they want with it

If I really liked a drink, for example, and they changed the ingredients in the drink, and I didn't like it anymore, I wouldn't keep buying it just because it was my favourite before, I would stop, same theory applies for sports teams, music, just about anything, so I can see where these people are coming from, me however, I know I will still love watching the speedway on a Sunday night :D And think it's still worth the money

Agree. It's entirely their choice.

17 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Well stop moaning

I'm not moaning, how about you stop telling people that they should support the club no matter what and let them decide for themselves.  Maybe you should have a name change to Winditin. :P

For the record as well, I have been going since the seventies, through the good times and the bad times and want nothing but Newcastle to succeed and see them challenging for honours year on year but I am also a realist and know that it is not also possible.  I don't expect us to have a fantastic team every year but like to see a team which I feel is worth watching and to that, I am not going to just hand my money over to watch a poor team week after week just for the sake of it. 

16 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Couldn't agree more.  I love speedway and love watching it but I'm not going to religiously pay the money to watch rubbishe every week.  Nobody no matter whether your a diehard or an occasional supporter wants to turn up to watch a team get turned over week after week.  I appreciate that the season has not started yet and we do not know how well the riders signed are going to perform, but if you judge them against other teams, Glasgow, Ippo and Sheffield it does not bode well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

I'm not moaning, how about you stop telling people that they should support the club no matter what and let them decide for themselves.  Maybe you should have a name change to Winditin. :P

For the record as well, I have been going since the seventies, through the good times and the bad times and want nothing but Newcastle to succeed and see them challenging for honours year on year but I am also a realist and know that it is not also possible.  I don't expect us to have a fantastic team every year but like to see a team which I feel is worth watching and to that, I am not going to just hand my money over to watch a poor team week after week just for the sake of it. 

Couldn't agree more.  I love speedway and love watching it but I'm not going to religiously pay the money to watch rubbishe every week.  Nobody no matter whether your a diehard or an occasional supporter wants to turn up to watch a team get turned over week after week.  I appreciate that the season has not started yet and we do not know how well the riders signed are going to perform, but if you judge them against other teams, Glasgow, Ippo and Sheffield it does not bode well.

Well I'm off now. Had a good time reading all the bites. Some worse than others. I may be back. You never know. I'll just read from afar.Ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA 

25 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Well I'm off now. Had a good time reading all the bites. Some worse than others. I may be back. You never know. I'll just read from afar.Ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA 

Dont forget to spend your hard earned pennies paying in each week mind... and your 20/80 draw ticket.:wink:

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Does anyone know if there's a meet the riders night ? (Dave)

They usually do the Northern Team promo thing (can't remember its official title) on the Official Practice day on the Monday as well.  This may have been put on the back burner with finalising the team taking priority.

Hopefully the practice still goes ahead this weekend, weather looks OK at the moment.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Thought you weren't new to it,,, did you get a bite of me, or did you try ? ;)