British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

is Alfie a Lakeside asset ?,,,

but at least we know we are running and what to build to.

What ave. would Nicholls come on ?

I'd love to see Nicholls at Brough Park, however without being a killjoy I think the team will be built with financial restraints in mind, unless we have come up with a major new sponsor.

This is all speculation as no one has officially said we are running, although it's looking highly likely after the agm.

I'd love to see Nicholls at Brough Park, however without being a killjoy I think the team will be built with financial restraints in mind, unless we have come up with a major new sponsor.

This is all speculation as no one has officially said we are running, although it's looking highly likely after the agm.

We are.

• Like 1

The BSPA statement has us included, so I would see that as official enough,,,

but getting back to team building, it might mean using our own asset's, which will not be to all's liking,,,

and maybe any that are cheap/er than were accustomed to, can't see any big hitters being cheap tho, so maybe just the one.

It can't have been easy for George to decide to run in 2018 without Sapphire backing him. George will have been in charge for 21 years in 2018. That deserves a medal as no other of our promoters comes close to his 21 yrs. We still need sponsors and to attract some quality riders, so the work has only just began.

A great turnaround is the BSPA decision to do away with the "its a knockout double points joker" and bring back the old Tac Sub

That's great news then, have you any ideas when we will be told about sponsorship and such like dave.

I don't but you can be sure that a statement will be made pretty soon to end the speculation. It needs to be said.

Could be a happier Xmas Party at the PTE Club on Friday 22nd December now.

We are.

That is very good News to hear Dave.

Now for the bad News - you can expect me to return to Brough Park next Season and hopefully Redcar now and again depending on Health and Weather..

Not every week but as often as I can.

Whilst I am not thrilled about the Tac. Sub. Rule - I am delighted that the Double Points is consigned to the dustbin of history where it belongs.

The BSPA have come part way to satisfying me with their decision on Double Points, and it would be churlish not to acknowledge that by changing my stance.

Looking forward to the new Season now - look forward to meeting up Dave. :t:

• Like 2

After chatting to Danny Phillips at the back end of last season, he is keen to return to Newcastle if we want him. Remember, when he got injured, he was one meeting away from a hike in his average, so could be a good shout at 7.

That is very good News to hear Dave.

Now for the bad News - you can expect me to return to Brough Park next Season and hopefully Redcar now and again depending on Health and Weather..

Not every week but as often as I can.

Whilst I am not thrilled about the Tac. Sub. Rule - I am delighted that the Double Points is consigned to the dustbin of history where it belongs.

The BSPA have come part way to satisfying me with their decision on Double Points, and it would be churlish not to acknowledge that by changing my stance.

Looking forward to the new Season now - look forward to meeting up Dave. :t:

Pleased to hear it. Your old friends still sit around the same table.

• Like 1

great news

how the team building lol

1 r worrall 8.51 s worrell 9.02 s Worrall 9.02

2 aarnio 4.97 newman 6.25 morris 4.72

3 kus 7.03

4 lindgren 6.94

5 summers 8.21 rose 6.49 r Worrall 8.51

6 morris 4.72 brandford 3.94

7 philips 2.00

total 42.38 42.45 42.16

there you are simples lol

despite being a critic of danny previously.... he was about to up his average before his injury so at 7 on 2 i think he is a bargain

we must have a strong reserve .......... ashley at 6 no brainer

lindgren and kus are our assets and solid middle order

that leaves 21.81 for the 2 heat leaders and no 2

with tac subs u really want 2 heat leaders and there were only 18 over 8 points last year ....... so they are gonna be highly sought after ..... especially as there only 2 other riders above 7.5!!!!! with lambert, morris and holder possibly leaving the league that leaves just 15 between 11 teams !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by mauger65

With no restrictions next seasons reserve pairings will be much stronger than the last couple of seasons. Danny would be a big gamble and probably find it too tough, especially coming back from such a bad injury. NL would be a better starting point surely.

Edited by NJC71

Steve and Richie sorted elsewhere.

Would like Rene in there somewhere

Might be hard for only 10 league, 3 trophy and 1KOcup match to attract riders who do not double up.

...and the PlayOff meetings. :P