British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

11 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

I thought as much otherwise he probably would have been included.  I don't envy George in trying to get the two remaining riders, especially a number 1 style rider.

Send for Jesper I say. I was with him this morning and he looked fit enough. Dickie Juul as the makeweight.

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Send for Jesper I say. I was with him this morning and he looked fit enough. Dickie Juul as the makeweight.

I thought he had a dodgy shoulder after falling off the top bunk!!:blink::o

1 hour ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

@Tsunami - does George still have strings to pull with the DMU for the proverbial unknown Dane?

I am sure if there was a possible decent Dane wanting a ride we would have had him by now. 

Edited by Tsunami

Makes no difference to me Sunday or Monday but getting home using public transport after 9 pm west is poor both days.I thought attendances where bad on a Monday anyway

Edited by soupy

25 minutes ago, soupy said:

Makes no difference to me Sunday or Monday but getting home using public transport after 9 pm west is poor both days.I thought attendances where bad on a Monday anyway

but  aren't  Mondays set for PL (atm),,, so would a Monday mean moving up ?

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

I think only Sun/Mon are available, so that might be scupper that.

It's been proved in the past few seasons  when we have been forced to race on a Monday there's been a big reduction in the size of the crowd. So although Sunday racing stops us attracting riders who race in Poland it looks like something we just have to get on with. The promotion can't afford to loose even a small minority of the crowd. I'd imagine it's something they've thought about loads of time but just doesn't seem viable. An example was last season against Glasgow in the cup with the tie hanging in the balance failed to attract a decent crowd for a Monday.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Winditon said:

It's been proved in the past few seasons  when we have been forced to race on a Monday there's been a big reduction in the size of the crowd. So although Sunday racing stops us attracting riders who race in Poland it looks like something we just have to get on with. The promotion can't afford to loose even a small minority of the crowd. I'd imagine it's something they've thought about loads of time but just doesn't seem viable. An example was last season against Glasgow in the cup with the tie hanging in the balance failed to attract a decent crowd for a Monday.

Yeah, so Mondays would open the door to 'non-Poland' bound riders, but Mondays wouldn't be able to pay them,,,

One door opens and, the next one slams you in the face :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, highside said:

I think its time for Newcastle to have a think about having a   race day change 

To what day?..... 

Monday Prem Lge, Tuesday Prem Lge, Wednedsday Prem Lge, Thursday Dogs, Friday Dogs, Saturday Dogs.....

Answer on a postcard....

11 minutes ago, StevePark said:

To what day?..... 

Monday Prem Lge, Tuesday Prem Lge, Wednedsday Prem Lge, Thursday Dogs, Friday Dogs, Saturday Dogs.....

Answer on a postcard....

Exactly Steve. So we just got to make the most of it and be thankful we still have speedway at Newcastle.