British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

18 hours ago, PaulS said:

Lindgren is a talented rider, good round Brough Park, and a positive addition to 2018 team. He has however had some poor spells in the last season or two and I think he should be targeting 8+ in the season ahead. If he doesn't achieve that I don't envisage any trophies for the team.

Agree Paul. Let's hope George stops him playing with other engines like last year and gets him to stick to what he has/knows.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, erniew said:

Our new co-promoter has been announced, but no mention of a new main sponsor. I cannot see the team surviving even with financial consraints without one but once again, the silence is deafening. Surely the club can confirm that we have one even if they can't be named just yet for a good reason.

I think your expectation to announce 'no sponsor yet', is not exactly good business, do you ?

It's a bit like no announcements when the old club was being closed down, whilst a new one was being created with a new owner, and then no riders had been signed. What do people expect, as they plainly have never ran a business.

28 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Agree Paul. Let's hope George stops him playing with other engines like last year and gets him to stick to what he has/knows.

maybe he could persuade big brother Fred to loan him one of his uk engines from last year seeing as he is not riding over here this year.

26 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I think your expectation to announce 'no sponsor yet', is not exactly good business, do you ?

It's a bit like no announcements when the old club was being closed down, whilst a new one was being created with a new owner, and then no riders had been signed. What do people expect, as they plainly have never ran a business.

listen to mr high and mighty there.

don't think you ran a very profitable business otherwise you would still have been a co-promoter.

even if people ran a business or not dosent mean that people are thick ,me like the rest of the fans are sick and tired of all the 

sinanagines going on within the club.

maybe if they made all the hangers on in the pits that do he-ha and made them pay in 

an these people nowho they are don't they mr park the club would be in a better financial position

6 minutes ago, neb said:

maybe he could persuade big brother Fred to loan him one of his uk engines from last year seeing as he is not riding over here this year.

I honestly think that Freddie, having the success he did at that time, was the main reason for Ludde to try and stick with them longer than he should have.

11 minutes ago, boomerang said:

listen to mr high and mighty there.

don't think you ran a very profitable business otherwise you would still have been a co-promoter.

even if people ran a business or not dosent mean that people are thick ,me like the rest of the fans are sick and tired of all the 

sinanagines going on within the club.

maybe if they made all the hangers on in the pits that do he-ha and made them pay in 

an these people nowho they are don't they mr park the club would be in a better financial position

As you know I was never into speedway for profit, but to return the club in 1997 which I did. I retired in 2003 on my 60th birthday, as I had never wanted to run the club, but just to get it up and running again. Perhaps it's just as well that some are 'high and mighty' to give the sport and put something into it, whilst others just try get as much as they can out of it.

Your point again is out of date as the number of hangers on has greatly been reduced in latter years, but obviously its still a concern of yours.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

As you know I was never into speedway for profit, but to return the club in 1997 which I did. I retired in 2003 on my 60th birthday, as I had never wanted to run the club, but just to get it up and running again. Perhaps it's just as well that some are 'high and mighty' to give the sport and put something into it, whilst others just try get as much as they can out of it.

Your point again is out of date as the number of hangers on has greatlye reduced in latter years, but obviously its still a concern of yours.

well I get nothing out of it apart from maybe watching good speedway and meeting mates

all told me and my partner spend thick end of 50 pound every sunday they run so we put into it

do you still contribute mr high and mighty because 50 pound is a lot of money to watch some of the mediocre teams

we had over the last 25 years

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, boomerang said:

well I get nothing out of it apart from maybe watching good speedway and meeting mates

all told me and my partner spend thick end of 50 pound every sunday they run so we put into it

do you still contribute mr high and mighty because 50 pound is a lot of money to watch some of the mediocre teams

we had over the last 25 years

It was 21years actually.

You mean like the team in 1997 that was a scratch team, but came third in our first season. Followed by signing 3 times World Champ Nicki, the rise of second string Jesper, PL title in 2001 and runners up in 2002, the signings of World Cup star Bjarne P, Compton, World Cup star KB, Kenni and Rene,  the 3 times winners 2010 team, the emergence of the Worrals from juniors, the UK U21 star Lambert,the rise of the Gems in 2002 to 2004 and re-emergence of the new Gems three years ago, who have now two of the top youngster in the NJL, and the only FREE training school in the country financed exclusively and ran by ME.  

Shocking performance, very mediocre Eh.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I honestly think that Freddie, having the success he did at that time, was the main reason for Ludde to try and stick with them longer than he should have.

I mean the gm engines Fred was using in the second half of the season not the gtr he started the season on.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, neb said:

I mean the gm engines Fred was using in the second half of the season not the gtr he started the season on.

I agree. :D

UPDATE  - See my latest post below..

Edited by Tsunami

36 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

It was 21years actually.

You mean like the team in 1997 that was a scratch team, but came third in our first season. Followed by signing 3 times World Champ Nicki, the rise of second string Jesper, PL title in 2001 and runners up in 2002, the signings of World Cup star Bjarne P, Compton, World Cup star KB, Kenni and Rene,  the 3 times winners 2010 team, the emergence of the Worrals from juniors, the UK U21 star Lambert,the rise of the Gems in 2002 to 2004 and re-emergence of the new Gems three years ago, who have now two of the top youngster in the NJL, and the only FREE training school in the country financed exclusively and ran by ME.  

I was on bout the 25 years plus that I have been going.and again its all bout you you you

ya so far up your own beep thinking your better than every one else why don't you mention the other years when all these very average danes came over

Jason king as a no 1 blah blah blah just cos you've got money that's makes you better than me and everyone that goes every sunday I think not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

It was 21years actually.

Well said Tsunami. Boomerang should get his facts right before spouting off. I bet he doesn't even go to every meeting. He's just a typical key board warrior. Judging by what you've said Newcastle Speedway would have been a lot worse off over the years. Sounds like you have definitely played a big part.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Winditon said:

Well said Tsunami. Boomerang should get his facts right before spouting off. I bet he doesn't even go to every meeting. He's just a typical key board warrior. Judging by what you've said Newcastle Speedway would have been a lot worse off over the years. Sounds like you have definitely played a big part.

My involvement started really in 1994 when the consortium of George, Havvy, Bunter didn't have enough to buy out Richard Bailey,  and I was asked to join them so the deal could be completed. This I did, but Kevin Wilde the owner didn't want us back in 1995 so at the end of the season all the assets were sold, and I got more back than I put in . So I made the pledge to supporters that I would put that money to one side, and promised to bring the Diamonds back at some stage. Brough's new owner, who was Wildes accountant, heard we were looking for a new track and invited us back in, and my capital was put back into the new business NEWSPEED LTD in time for the 1997 season.  

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Winditon said:

So far as I am concerned, without the few like Tsunami, Newcastle Diamonds would not be running today and could well have been consigned to the speedway scrapheap many years ago. I have yet to hear of any promoters in the UK who make a commercial financial return on their investment and my take on the part they play is that they do this for their love of the sport rather than montetary aspirations or any other aspirations for that matter.

As a reader of this forum I for one always welcome Tsunami's input because I know for a fact that he has been there, he has done it and he does have the tee shirt - he has also put his money where his mouth is fair and square.

• Like 2

Dave, no one can dispute your fine efforts regarding Tne Diamonds but the paying customers still expect to receive some indication of what is going on. we are fully aware that finance is vital to enable the club to continue and I'm not asking for any state secrets, but I cannot see how we can survive financially without a sponsor so is it beyond the clubs wherewithall to actually announce that we do in fact have one? Not too much to ask surely?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, erniew said:

Dave, no one can dispute your fine efforts regarding Tne Diamonds but the paying customers still expect to receive some indication of what is going on. we are fully aware that finance is vital to enable the club to continue and I'm not asking for any state secrets, but I cannot see how we can survive financially without a sponsor so is it beyond the clubs wherewithall to actually announce that we do in fact have one? Not too much to ask surely?

Whilst not disagreeing with what you say, it's hardly good for business to keep saying they have no new sponsor. Everyone knows there is a lot going on, and there will still be a lot of frantic work to keep everyone busy, but being expected to report 'bad news' (no sponsor) doesn't really seem to be the right thing to do. Whatever happened to 'in George we trust' and the goodwill that has been built up from previous years. As I outlined in a previous post, despite a lot of difficulties over the years, we managed to do a lot of good things and brought success, so with the recent changes in the management structure surely everyone can see there is lots to do privately, and will want to announce things when they have something to announce.   

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Who,,, Ludde ?

Incidently. Ludde has a super doper GM engine for this year, and is looking for any sort of sponsorship to help him with his expense. Pleased he has got new gear and if anybody would like to join the other sponsors who have so far made a contribution, any addition help would be greatly appreciated.  He can be contacted through the club.