British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

15 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Alfie to complete the reserve pairing would be a nice christmas gift :) But would Danny Phillips be the cheaper option

Really, really glad Ashley came back, he did so well last year and may he do so well for us in years to come, safe 2018 Ash :D

Phillips maybe the cheaper option but not necessarily the better one.  I think the problem with Phillips is he is coming back from a big injury, personally, he has never really impressed me and was not that impressed with him around Brough before the injury.  I think now that Alfie has seen all or most of the tracks, he should kick on and be a better and safer bet than Phillips.  Just my opinion and with Morris as hopefully he partner, might bring the lad on more.  We'll have to wait and see and if it is Phillips I'll still support him but my preference would be Alfie or ideally Aarnio but I think that would leave us very weak at 1-5.. 

17 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Good team, but would never happen

Looking forward to seeing who our first rider will be :)My prediction is Ashley Morris

Well done Dandelion - you nailed it. Ashley Morris the first Rider.

Looking forward to seeing who is next.................?

4 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Phillips maybe the cheaper option but not necessarily the better one.  I think the problem with Phillips is he is coming back from a big injury, personally, he has never really impressed me and was not that impressed with him around Brough before the injury.  I think now that Alfie has seen all or most of the tracks, he should kick on and be a better and safer bet than Phillips.  Just my opinion and with Morris as hopefully he partner, might bring the lad on more.  We'll have to wait and see and if it is Phillips I'll still support him but my preference would be Alfie or ideally Aarnio but I think that would leave us very weak at 1-5.. 

Before his injury Danny was averaging 7.00 at home (5.5 without bonus points) 4.75 overall, more than double his stating average of 2.00. If our top 6 come to 40ish I'd have no problem with Danny at 7.

19 minutes ago, leander said:

Before his injury Danny was averaging 7.00 at home (5.5 without bonus points) 4.75 overall, more than double his stating average of 2.00. If our top 6 come to 40ish I'd have no problem with Danny at 7.

Nearly everyone else would,firstly don't even no that he is fit and he hasn't even been back on a bike yet.

So for me not a chance would love to see Alfie back he was really coming on in the last few weeks and someone like robson guiding him

would more than hold his own.also he,s got more gonads than danny and is a much better gater as for kus he,s going back to redcer

I see Jonas Anderson's mechanic is stating he is not returning to redcar, but riding elsewhere and implying he may be on way to Newcastle along with his brother - not sure if this is good news, certainly in the short term as I see it as really weakening us especially at home.  Guess we wait and see! 

• Like 1

Pleased to hear we are going to tapes next season. Hope the fans get behind the team instead of slagging them off as a few do on here. If our team isn't as strong as we might like atleast we can get our weekly fix which we should be thankful for. I personally would like two strong reserves as it's just as important as two big hitters as we realised last season. I prefer steady scoring all the way through the team instead of relying on 2 or 3 riders. Ash and Pipjer or Aarnio at reserve and I would be happy with that along with a few 7 pointers and then we would be competitive atleast. Dont rate Danny Philips at all. Been around longer than probably people think. Not much improvement in him. Just my opinion.Maybe would struggle in heats 13 &15 especially away but you can't have it all.

Merry Xmas to you all.

8 hours ago, Mad Max said:

I see Jonas Anderson's mechanic is stating he is not returning to redcar, but riding elsewhere and implying he may be on way to Newcastle along with his brother - not sure if this is good news, certainly in the short term as I see it as really weakening us especially at home.  Guess we wait and see! 

where does it say this

8 hours ago, Mad Max said:

I was lying, just been announced at redcar again, thought it would be funny to spread some fake news