British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

That is what the word is up here at the last home meeting.

Wether it happens we will just have to wait and see.

Interesting post number 97 on Workington v Glasgow 23/09/2017 thread. Maybe Richie and Steve will both be wearing black and white next season.

Interesting post number 97 on Workington v Glasgow 23/09/2017 thread. Maybe Richie and Steve will both be wearing black and white next season.

Yes on a tactical ride but very much doubt in the same Diamonds side. We can but hope.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So as a lot of talk is going on about the Premiership riding Monday and Thursday next season with potentially lakeside and Sheffield moving up as has been mentioned how would that effect the Championship?

With only the likes of Newcastle, Redcar, Berwick, Edinburgh, Workington, Glasgow and Scunthorpe left would that be one league?

Part of the problem this season is seeing the same teams over and over surely this wont help bring the crowds flocking back.

So as a lot of talk is going on about the Premiership riding Monday and Thursday next season with potentially lakeside and Sheffield moving up as has been mentioned how would that effect the Championship?

With only the likes of Newcastle, Redcar, Berwick, Edinburgh, Workington, Glasgow and Scunthorpe left would that be one league?

Part of the problem this season is seeing the same teams over and over surely this wont help bring the crowds flocking back.

If true - once again the Second Division in British Speedway has been stripped to pull the First Division out of the mire they have got themselves in to.

Will the Championship survive with Seven Clubs Plus additional Teams from the National League meaning yet another dilution in quality. How many will go to the wall?

No the wonder Speedway is on the ropes.

If true - once again the Second Division in British Speedway has been stripped to pull the First Division out of the mire they have got themselves in to.

Will the Championship survive with Seven Clubs Plus additional Teams from the National League meaning yet another dilution in quality. How many will go to the wall?

No the wonder Speedway is on the ropes.

10- teams last season - Sheffield move up - that leaves 9.

think its only Ipswich moving up shieffield staying

That wouldnt be so bad if that was the case then.

Surely it would be more beneficial to everyone if we just went for one big league?

Most clubs saying they dont get enough people through the turnstiles yet the top league saying they want to bring the GP riders back where is the money going to come from to pay for them?

Clubs shouldnt spend what they dont have! I think its too far down the line now I cant see a few big riders coming back will mean people flooding back to speedway.

• Like 1

If Sheffield do move up and before I get a backlash I have nothing against them and congratulate them on the league win and play off win, however if they do go up I hope no fans never turn up to a promotion and relegation fixture again as it will mean twice they have ran it and clubs which were involved have remained in the league and other teams go up, what is the point!!

If Ipswich and Sheffield go into the Premiership, the Championship looks dead on its feet. A parade of the same has beens beating the same never-will-be's.

If this is what it is coming to, it's time for a good long think. Even Ranting Roy can't polish a turd.

I recognise those concerns. It's not going to simply be a matter of securing a new major sponsor then all will be well...

That wouldnt be so bad if that was the case then.

Surely it would be more beneficial to everyone if we just went for one big league?

Most clubs saying they dont get enough people through the turnstiles yet the top league saying they want to bring the GP riders back where is the money going to come from to pay for them?

Clubs shouldnt spend what they dont have! I think its too far down the line now I cant see a few big riders coming back will mean people flooding back to speedway.

One big league + set race nights (Mon & Thu) = Bye bye Newcastle.

• Like 1

But there only supposedly going to set race nights to get some of the so called top riders back.

And if it was one big league there wouldnt be a need for doubling up so could race on any night?

Where's the track staff coming from for say a Monday meeting ? We might get away with most prep being done of the Sunday and just tarted it up at Monday teatime. Dogs are on on a Thursday.

Edited by Tsunami