British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

Yeah but if they do that won't the team who have already declared or started naming riders kick up one almighty fuss!!! I'm struggling to see where our out out and out number one is gonna come from, assuming we go down that route. I think you need a rider who can win heats 13 and 15 (home and away) and finding one of those with an average below 8 with what is left is gonna be difficult, they are like rocking horse s**t.

We'll just have to wait and see. I am assuming that Lewis Rose won't be a Diamond as I believe he has signed with Rzeszow and they must be a Sunday track as Aaron Summers is also in their declared lineup/squad and as he has sign for Berwick, I find it hard to believe they would have signed a rider with continental commitments on the same night as them. I appreciate that Rose and Summers are part of a 16 man squad and may never get a ride but it has to be factored in, especially is the team does well and they are required at the end of the year. After all, Poland must be obeyed or suffer the consequences!!!

So why should those teams that have managed to get top end riders complain about those that are struggling because of a stupid restriction put on by the BSPA . What people should remember is it may be to the detriment of those teams and possibly will mean the end for certain clubs if they are not competitive as fans start dropping away .

................ and another one bites the dust.

Paul Starke has signed for Glasgow. I was hoping he might be one for us. :sad: :sad: :sad:

You seem to be finding these out a few days later than everyone else xD There's always Kyle Newman maybe? :D

We've more chance of Nicki or Bjarne returning!!!

Wouldn't mind Bjarne but christ no not Nicki, I wouldn't even take him on a 2.00 average

You seem to be finding these out a few days later than everyone else xD There's always Kyle Newman maybe? :D

Wouldn't mind Bjarne but christ no not Nicki, I wouldn't even take him on a 2.00 average

Probably because I am going off the Official SGB Website. ;):o:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

Probably because I am going off the Official SGB Website. ;):o:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Haha, very true, can you not see the Twitter feed on the right hand side of the website? :P That has pretty much up to date signings, within the first few hours kind of thing

• Like 1

I think someone mentioned 1 December was the deadline to confirm that we are running. Is that right?

I think we have already declared we are running due to the AGM. Meanwhile things have to done inside the company, without Alan, to close down 2017 and prepare for 2018, whilst looking for new investors and trying to sign riders for 2018. You can see that concentration tends to be on the business at the moment, and when they are ready to advise on things they will. It is timestaking so let's give them a bit of space for now.

• Like 2

I think we have already declared we are running due to the AGM. Meanwhile things have to done inside the company, without Alan, to close down 2017 and prepare for 2018, whilst looking for new investors and trying to sign riders for 2018. You can see that concentration tends to be on the business at the moment, and when they are ready to advise on things they will. It is timestaking so let's give them a bit of space for now.

agree,,, but a think dantheman is getting an itchy trigger finger.

Well said Dave.

Patience is the name of the game here. We don't want to scupper anything by pushing and stirring things up.

I am, at least, happy to be totally convinced that George will be working as hard as he can in the background trying to get something sorted out.

I would rather hear nothing now, rather than we are closing.

We must just wait and see.

• Like 2

Well said Dave.

Patience is the name of the game here. We don't want to scupper anything by pushing and stirring things up.

I am, at least, happy to be totally convinced that George will be working as hard as he can in the background trying to get something sorted out.

I would rather hear nothing now, rather than we are closing.

We must just wait and see.

No news is good news!!! :D:D :D

• Like 3