British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

Id take a chance on Ellis Perks even if it meant he would have to start in the main body of the side he is hungry and will only progress imo. Much rather sign him than someone like Aarnio for example.

1) R Wells

2) E Perks

3) L Rose

4) New Dane/Swede

5) R Bach

6) A Morris

7) A Bowtell

Would this fit does anyone know? Struggling to come up with line ups with not many number 1s left.

Edited by ren

Id take a chance on Ellis Perks even if it meant he would have to start in the main body of the side he is hungry and will only progress imo. Much rather sign him than someone like Aarnio for example.

1) R Wells

2) E Perks

3) L Rose

4) New Dane/Swede

5) R Bach

6) A Morris

7) A Bowtell

Would this fit does anyone know? Struggling to come up with line ups with not many number 1s left.

Bach and Rose have Polish contracts

This lack top riders is why I was worried about raising point limit. It sounds great on paper until some teams can’t put together competitive side. I can see 5 or 6 good sides rest filling the numbers and hoping to survive.

If we run and I hope we do Diamonds might need 4.5/5 pointers at both reserve spots to even be competitive, Signing 2 pointer can’t happen unless heatleader situation changes.

Only hope might be going abroad like we used to hopefully find another Kenni Larsen type rider, if not might at least get few assets.

Edited by Big Diamond

apart from Worrall and Lambert, that were expected to leave and, maybe Lindgren needs a change,,,

is there any other of the Diamonds 17 squad looking like going elsewhere atm ?

a suppose I meant,,, has any of Morris, Robson, Rose, Hopwood, Bowtell and even Phillips mentioned needing to find a team ?

I'd like us to sign someone like Patrick Hansen, Patrik Mikel or Alex Woentin, just watching the World U-21 championships from last year, there's a lot of exciting young foreigners that could come in and become out and out riders within a few years, especially Patrick Hansen, I'd love to see a new dane, and Rene Bach (If Poland doesn't get in the way)

Lukas Fienhage could be another

Kai Huckenbeck and Nicklas Porsing also, just with the KL connection, we've seemed to do that in the past with Rose/Kerr/Lambert I dunno

And I think I'm really being desperate now, but Thomas H Jonasson on a converted average would only be 6.50... It would never happen but he looks nice on such a low average :) And I've always been a big fan of him, maybe it's what he needs, a big step back in his career and then build back up

Edited by Dandelion

agree,,, there may be a few without a team. This 'fixed night' thing could lead to more double-uppers, as its effects are lessened.

Problem is those possible double uppers you are talking about if they average over 6 points in the premier league and don't have a championship average from 2017 , then they are not allowed in championship for 2018. So there very few potential heat leaders around that would be available and for Newcastle and Peterborough being Sunday tracks it makes it even harder to get top end riders.

Problem is those possible double uppers you are talking about if they average over 6 points in the premier league and don't have a championship average from 2017 , then they are not allowed in championship for 2018. So there very few potential heat leaders around that would be available and for Newcastle and Peterborough being Sunday tracks it makes it even harder to get top end riders.

yeah, doesn't seem right.

so, maybe its seven, 6 pointers, should clean up in hts 2 & 8 and, get plenty 3-3's ;)

yeah, but if there's no decent riders for a Sunday, what can ye do ? ;)

I know it's asking a lot but we can always wait and see if the BSPA see some sense and reverse there inane decision to ban riders like Nicholls and Kennett from entering the championship .Perhaps a joint delegation of affected promoters should get together and put there case to the BSPA /SCB.

• Like 1

I know it's asking a lot but we can always wait and see if the BSPA see some sense and reverse there inane decision to ban riders like Nicholls and Kennett from entering the championship .Perhaps a joint delegation of affected promoters should get together and put there case to the BSPA /SCB.

it might be asking a lot, but its nearly Christmas, so you never know,,,

I thought that the whole point of having the 50 v 40 team building last year, was that all riders could have one ave. (× or ÷ ) easily to suit both leagues,,, but didn't see it anywhere or hear that it was for one season only !!!

I was hoping Newcastle was gonna sign KK :(

I thought that the whole point of having the 50 v 40 team building last year, was that all riders could have one ave. (× or ÷ ) easily to suit both leagues,,, but didn't see it anywhere or hear that it was for one season only !!!

As long as the KKK authorise it you can have him.

Yeah but if they do that won't the team who have already declared or started naming riders kick up one almighty fuss!!! I'm struggling to see where our out out and out number one is gonna come from, assuming we go down that route. I think you need a rider who can win heats 13 and 15 (home and away) and finding one of those with an average below 8 with what is left is gonna be difficult, they are like rocking horse s**t.

We'll just have to wait and see. I am assuming that Lewis Rose won't be a Diamond as I believe he has signed with Rzeszow and they must be a Sunday track as Aaron Summers is also in their declared lineup/squad and as he has sign for Berwick, I find it hard to believe they would have signed a rider with continental commitments on the same night as them. I appreciate that Rose and Summers are part of a 16 man squad and may never get a ride but it has to be factored in, especially is the team does well and they are required at the end of the year. After all, Poland must be obeyed or suffer the consequences!!!

• Like 1

Krzysztof Kasprzak? :shock: :shock:

I'd love to see him riding for Newcastle. :t::approve:

:D :D :D

Edited by The White Knight