British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

I like many Diamonds supporters are concerned about the lack of information coming from the promotion. As I see things, Either George has agreed a deal with a new financial backer, in which case, make an announcement, or if not, let the fans know, you never know, one of us may just have information, a contact or just a name and 'phone number which may lead to an offer being made. even if a deal is close it would be nice to know.

i would imagine publicising delicate negotiations would be something potential backers may not want. Its business, its private. If a deal is close i wouldn't say a word til it was done.

However, if you have a contact why not just tell George - you can never have enough.

As regards the riders leaving, tbh, and i speak as a Bears man, it was time for some new faces at Brough, one or two had gone stale.

• Like 4

those remarks remind me of taylorj from the workington site .

trying to blame one person (me) for closing or attempting to close) workington speedway down

the only difference being is that i am a worky fan and this poole poster is not !

Rubbish.

I don't want any club to close.

I was just saying all of the regular Newcastle riders have left with the club remaining silent over 2018.

Now if Newcastle would have said they are running then I would have been like fair enough that rider wants a new challenge elsewhere.

But with the doubt lingering over the club and practically the whole back bone of the team leaving with the club remaining silent.

It doesn't give you positive vibes.

Nothing wrong in my comments just telling the truth.

For example lets say Wolves are in doubt. They may not run in 2018 and the club remains silent. The next thing you hear is that Thorssell and F. Lindgren are looking for a new club. Doesn't give you positive vibes does it when those riders are regular starters for Wolves.

Rubbish.

I don't want any club to close.

I was just saying all of the regular Newcastle riders have left with the club remaining silent over 2018.

Now if Newcastle would have said they are running then I would have been like fair enough that rider wants a new challenge elsewhere.

But with the doubt lingering over the club and practically the whole back bone of the team leaving with the club remaining silent.

It doesn't give you positive vibes.

Nothing wrong in my comments just telling the truth.

For example lets say Wolves are in doubt. They may not run in 2018 and the club remains silent. The next thing you hear is that Thorssell and F. Lindgren are looking for a new club. Doesn't give you positive vibes does it when those riders are regular starters for Wolves.

YOU DON'T NEED TO!!!

I think most Newcastle Supporters a quite aware of what you say - but do not need to be reminded by a Poole Supporter.

What is it with Poole Supporters?

A couple of Poole Supporters are doing exactly the same thing on the Coventry Thread.

SO YOU CAN ONLY COMMENT ON YOUR OWN TEAM [BETER SPREAD THE WORD ] :rolleyes:

That isn't what I said Manse - as, I suspect, you well know.

People in our situation do not need others, under the guise of well meaning comments, reminding us of what we already know.

• Like 1

Tweet by Newcastle Speedway

As soon as we have an update we will post it on our twitter or Facebook pages. There is a lot going on behind the scenes and will let you know in due course. Thanks for your patience and understanding in this busy period for the club #diamondspeedway https://twitter.com/diamondspeedway

Tweet by Newcastle Speedway

As soon as we have an update we will post it on our twitter or Facebook pages. There is a lot going on behind the scenes and will let you know in due course. Thanks for your patience and understanding in this busy period for the club #diamondspeedway https://twitter.com/diamondspeedway

Why not the Club Website?

Genuine question.

I'm not trying to be funny. Some of us do not do Twitter, Facebook etc..

Why not the Club Website?

Genuine question.

I'm not trying to be funny. Some of us do not do Twitter, Facebook etc..

Because Twitter and Facebook is quicker and easier... Less effort if they're busy (And I don't mean this in an arsey way)

Either way, I hope Rene comes back, don't think Glasgow can fit him in now and I'm sure he said Glasgow and us are the only teams in the uk he'd race for, although how true is that? If the right deal comes along for him

Edited by Dandelion

Its on the club website, click on the facebook/twitter logo,,, even I know that :P

suppose the copper jar is taking some counting ;)

Thanks RD. :)

The nearest thing I come to Social Media is this Forum. :t:

That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me today Dandelion. :t::approve::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is the Kangaroo on holiday again? :unsure::blink:

Haha, but it's not a good thing to be down with the kids xD They're annoying and obnoxious

Yes, Jerry is away right now and is replaced by a creepy eye, I don't even know where I found Jerry :cry:

Rene has signed a contract for a team in Poland

Sh!t

• Like 1

Well there will be no Richie Worrall riding for us next Season:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.33621

He has signed on again for Glasgow.

Steve Worrall is, of course riding for Scunthorpe.

apart from Worrall and Lambert, that were expected to leave and, maybe Lindgren needs a change,,,

is there any other of the Diamonds 17 squad looking like going elsewhere atm ?

Riders left on a 8+ averages from last season. Wells & E. Riss expect them to lead Edinburgh.

R. Lambert, J. Holder, Grajczonek, Cook and Masters have quit the championship.

Riders left on 7.00 - 7.99

L. Lindgren, Robson, Wright and Proctor.

Jorgensen has quit the Championship. Wright is Sheffield bound apparently. L. Lindgren said he is ready to race but doesn't have a UK club.

Kus and Bach have a contract in Poland.

I think we have to look beyond the '17 team and see who is no longer available who would have been considered as possibilities for the team in 2018, for example, Aaron Summers has signed for Berwick announced today. Even old favourites like Matej Kus have contracts in Poland, the signs are not looking good.