British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

12 hours ago, Paulco said:

A non speedway related question . Getting the train from Glasgow to Newcastle on Friday morning . What is the best way to get from the train station out to Newcastle airport without it costing me an arm and a leg in a taxi ? 

There is a metro from central station that will take you all the way there Paulco!!

On 6/23/2018 at 11:51 AM, Winditon said:

Dave it's nice to see the LOYAL fans rewarded with a team that gives it all. I hope those that have deserted us are enjoying their speedway elsewhere. Onwards and upwards.

We might all be ‘loyal’ if we got in for nixy every week mate ;-)

Edited by Arson fire

3 hours ago, Arson fire said:

We might all be ‘loyal’ if we got in for nixy every week mate ;-)

That old chestnut Kenny, Try working at the track, and you could as well.

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

That old chestnut Kenny, Try working at the track, and you could as well.

Not the old chestnut at all? Its maybe not who i thought it was thats all.

got nowt against people who work there getting in free fwiw... and ive done plenty of work at the track in days gone by Dave.

Edited by Arson fire

21 hours ago, Arson fire said:

Not the old chestnut at all? Its maybe not who i thought it was thats all.

got nowt against people who work there getting in free fwiw... and ive done plenty of work at the track in days gone by Dave.

I've been going since 1975. Never ever got in for nowt or maybe I did when I was a kid back then. Consider myself loyal. Still laugh at your comment about paying the petrol money and going to Redcar. Keep the faith Ken!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of us making a move for Richie Worrall now he is a free agent.  Harsh but fair, we could drop Wilkinson (sorry Carl), put Kus at reserve and bring Richie back. Never mind #itscominghome lets have #richiescomingbacktothediamonds :P 

I appreciate that I think he has signed a contract in Poland but not sure how much racing he is getting and I believe he has setup his own Civil Engineering business to supplement his income, but could it happen.  I hope so.  Yes I know he is in bad form, but would still have him in the team.

Thoughts?

We need to sign Richie immediately... Before someone else does, and before our season goes COMPLETELY away from us... And I agree, I'm very sorry Carl, weirdly you've been one of our better riders and the one I've been most impressed by (effort wise) but I'd drop you and have

1. Richie Worrall

2. Ludvig Lindgren/Tero Aarnio

3. Stuart Robson (c)

4. Ashley Morris

5. Tero Aarnio/Ludvig Lindgren

6. Matthew Wethers (maybe Carl)

7. Matej Kus

I'd personally keep Ludvig at 2, but I have seen some people say Ludvig at 5, and really, it's 6 and two 3s

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, ya probly right.

Looking at the rest of the teams in the league where he could he go though? Berwick, Newcastle, Redcar but can’t see him signing for them ever. He doesn’t have that many choices! Presuming the cook move gets ratified of course.

1 minute ago, bloom89 said:

Looking at the rest of the teams in the league where he could he go though? Berwick, Newcastle, Redcar but can’t see him signing for them ever. He doesn’t have that many choices! Presuming the cook move gets ratified of course.

Could go back to Ipswich if Danny King out for rest of season with his arm injury 

3 hours ago, Dandelion said:

We need to sign Richie immediately... Before someone else does, and before our season goes COMPLETELY away from us... And I agree, I'm very sorry Carl, weirdly you've been one of our better riders and the one I've been most impressed by (effort wise) but I'd drop you and have

1. Richie Worrall

2. Ludvig Lindgren/Tero Aarnio

3. Stuart Robson (c)

4. Ashley Morris

5. Tero Aarnio/Ludvig Lindgren

6. Matthew Wethers (maybe Carl)

7. Matej Kus

I'd personally keep Ludvig at 2, but I have seen some people say Ludvig at 5, and really, it's 6 and two 3s

I don't see why you couldn't have different pairings home / away based on who's stronger at home / weaker away!

Home
1. Richie Worrall
2. Tero Aarnio
3. Stuart Robson
4. Ashley Morris
5. Ludvig Lindgren
6. Matej Kus
7. Matt Wethers

Away
1. Richie Worrall
2. Ludvig Lindgren
3. Tero Aarnio