British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

28 minutes ago, StevePark said:

can't say am his biggest fan, but pleased that he is back and can hopefully perform as of 2016 home and AWAY ;)

now, all we need to do is find a 10pt no.1 and were sorted :t:

Edited by ruffdiamond

i know he will improve on is false average......  but at a team average of 37.50 we gonna give redcar a good fight for that wooden spoon ..........  still can only see nil points from our travels ......   can we remain unbeaten at home ..........   we've dodged a few bullets so far ... but apart from Sheffield who cant ride our track ....... I think the others will be fancying an away win

1 hour ago, mauger65 said:

i know he will improve on is false average......  but at a team average of 37.50 we gonna give redcar a good fight for that wooden spoon ..........  still can only see nil points from our travels ......   can we remain unbeaten at home ..........   we've dodged a few bullets so far ... but apart from Sheffield who cant ride our track ....... I think the others will be fancying an away win

After recent changes at Redcar, you must now be odds on favourites for said spoon.

15 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

was it still meant to be a secret then Dave ? ;)

NO. I thought it was going to be announced the following morning.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, foamfence said:

After recent changes at Redcar, you must now be odds on favourites for said spoon.

Hmmm. But according to the pundits we were going to get slaughtered home and away when the team was first announced. Look at some of our scores so far. :D 

Delighted to see Matej fixed up with Newcastle, hopefully George English will get the best out of him as he did the last time he rode for the Diamonds and I saw for myself he good Kus can be when he is happy and settled.

This will mean of course that Lewis Rose becomes available, I wonder if we will see him back with a team fairly soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Hmmm. But according to the pundits we were going to get slaughtered home and away when the team was first announced. Look at some of our scores so far. :D 

All things are possible, including team changes everywhere, who do you see as likely to be bottom on current line-ups?

3 hours ago, screm said:

Delighted to see Matej fixed up with Newcastle, hopefully George English will get the best out of him as he did the last time he rode for the Diamonds and I saw for myself he good Kus can be when he is happy and settled.

This will mean of course that Lewis Rose becomes available, I wonder if we will see him back with a team fairly soon.

Are u trying to say rose didn’t really want to ride for Newcastle 

14 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

Are u trying to say rose didn’t really want to ride for Newcastle 

I don't think screm even hints at that. Kus, when he is happy and wanted, can be a good rider even at tracks like Newcastle which is not the most suitable for his 'big track' style. Lewis is in a quandry at the moment as he is injured again for the 4th year in a row, and perhaps he is contemplating if he really wants to continue riding.  He needs time out to think and I certainly hope he makes a decision which suits him and his family.

On 6/7/2018 at 12:48 PM, ruffdiamond said:

can't say am his biggest fan, but pleased that he is back and can hopefully perform as of 2016 home and AWAY ;)

now, all we need to do is find a 10pt no.1 and were sorted :t:

Well perhaps you could become a Matej Kus Fan if he scores more than you know who AWAY!!

Let's face it - it shouldn't be difficult.

48 minutes ago, FreddieWebb said:

I've written a review for the Diamonds' performance in May with calculated averages and point totals. Give it a read if you guys want and any feedback is greatly appreciated :)

https://www.tremr.com/freddie-webb/newcastle-diamonds-month-review-may

A very interesting Information source.

Well done and Thank you.

Wrote up my opinions on Newcastle signing Matej Kus. Considering that the signing takes away our reliance on guests, it seems positive so far, give it a read if you want to and feedback is always appreciated.
https://www.tremr.com/freddie-webb/a-kushty-signing-newcastle-diamonds-sign-matej-kus

Newcastle Diamonds month review for May
https://www.tremr.com/freddie-webb/newcastle-diamonds-month-review-may