British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

38 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

I don't think there's any wish to replace Robbo.

There is, I think, a lack of comprehension that a replacement for Lewis Rose can't be found. I thought Mr. Phillips displayed masterly qualities of expectation management on Sunday when he said he hoped there would be reasonable news of a replacement!

Yes and some riders back out of a deal  but you cant report that. It's all highs and lows and riders messing others up. 

Barbarian. Kennett going to Peterborough is a no brainer for him. Hardly a scoop as he wouldn't join any Northern Tracks, then along comes a Southern one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smoggy45 said:

I've noticed a few on these threads that suggest robbo should go , apart from being injured almost as soon as the season got going  he's been one of the diamonds top riders for many season's and can and does beat anyone round Brough park when he's fully fit . 

Very good Post - and dead right too. :approve: :approve:

3 hours ago, Smoggy45 said:

I've noticed a few on these threads that suggest robbo should go , apart from being injured almost as soon as the season got going  he's been one of the diamonds top riders for many season's and can and does beat anyone round Brough park when he's fully fit . 

There must have been quite a few occasions when he hasn't been at full fitness then ;)

21 hours ago, Barbarian said:

Diamond@heart sums it up nicely in that Peterborough have taken action with Kennett joining and reading between the lines why we didn't get him or even Jorgenson who has gone to Redcar. The recent updates are deafening.

Kennett gets a migrain if he travels north of Grantham. Fairly sure Jorgensen has polish commitments.

Edited by leander

1 hour ago, leander said:

Kennett gets a migrain if he travels north of Grantham. Fairly sure Jorgensen has polish commitments.

Matej Zagar used to get one of them when he rode for Reading!!! :rofl:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Would not say very attractive :wink:

Kus would come in on an average of 4-76, that IMO makes him an attractive signing, for example should he come into the Newcastle team he would start at reserve and a reserve partnership of Kus and Morris seems a good idea to me.

9 minutes ago, screm said:

Kus would come in on an average of 4-76, that IMO makes him an attractive signing, for example should he come into the Newcastle team he would start at reserve and a reserve partnership of Kus and Morris seems a good idea to me.

Apart from the fact, he wouldn't be reserve, niether is Morris... do you still rely on the pony express up your way ? ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Apart from the fact, he wouldn't be reserve, niether is Morris... do you still rely on the pony express up your way ? ;)

He would be if we replaced one with him... Not quite unicorn express, not in Scotland yet ;)

• Like 1