British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

22 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Well if we want to have a competitive season where we might win something, we're not going to do it with the team we have now, with someone replacing Rose, I know we're on a budget but that surely doesn't mean we've given up already?

Kus at reserve would be worth it, especially if you partner him with someone like Matthew, very strong pairing to make up for our lack of top end strength, imagine if we got Kus riding again like 2016 at reserve?

I think winning anything this year was never on the cards.  This is year is about keeping the club solvent for 2019 and we were last to team build.  We have been trying to secure a number 1 since January but there's little available.  Im sure George and Martin haven't given up,  but if there's no -one available on Sundays there's little we can do

Im yet to see anything on Kus being released, but I only see him getting in through injury.    To be fair Carl is riding to his average, to ditch him would be very unfair and even less unlikely (not Georges style).  Kus is currently way out of form and although potentially a steal at 4.76 ..........  there's no guarantee given the way he is riding that he would outscore Carl 

• Like 1

If Kus is dropped by Redcar and, fails to secure a team place elsewhere, I would assume Newcastle won't pick up a loan fee ???

I think we need to replace Rose quickly and, if Kus was available it would make sense, even if it were short term.

Edited by ruffdiamond

16 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

If Kus is dropped by Redcar and, fails to secure a team place elsewhere, I would assume Newcastle won't pick up a loan fee ???

I think we need to replace Rose quickly and, if Kus was available it would make sense, even if it were short term.

Redcar will have taken out a loan agreement on Kus for the year. If Kus was then loaned out to say Sheffield, Redcar would get the loan fee for the remainder of the season.

11 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Redcar will have taken out a loan agreement on Kus for the year. If Kus was then loaned out to say Sheffield, Redcar would get the loan fee for the remainder of the season.

Arr a see, wasn't sure how it works. So maybe they'll stick with him then. What happens if a 'loan rider' gets injured, is that just bad luck ?

8 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

But who with RD?

43 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

But who with RD?

Well I don't know WKD,,, but if a facility for Rose expires soon, what do we do ???,,, ask for anther one ?

Its plain to see that we are struggling to attract riders to come, (listening to Martins interview, with Roy),,, some riders seem to not like the track,,, but Britains next generation, Worralls, Lambert, Garrity, Howarth and others seem to do ok.

Arr yeah, and Cook.

Edited by ruffdiamond

4 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

Is he not polish? 

With a surname like that, I would guess he's not from Byker .:approve:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A dunno Dave,,, in todays multi-cultural society.

I thought that after I posted. There's less chance of a Smith these days. B)

1 minute ago, mauger65 said:

I know speedway seems to make the rules up as we go along ... but what is the position on lewis rose ... do we get indefinite period of guests or rider replacement or does he actually have to be replaced at some stage

Not rosy. ;) :rofl: :rofl:

See what I did there. :oops:

Interesting that Peterborough have snapped up Kennett, I wonder if he was on our radar, he was looking for a Championship place:

"Edward is an experienced rider who had been looking for a Championship team place, and the opportunity was there to bring him in without disrupting the rest of the side, which is also important for us.”

Would have been a good replacement for Rose, assuming he is not coming back anytime soon, or Robbo?

1 hour ago, diamond@heart said:

Interesting that Peterborough have snapped up Kennett, I wonder if he was on our radar, he was looking for a Championship place:

"Edward is an experienced rider who had been looking for a Championship team place, and the opportunity was there to bring him in without disrupting the rest of the side, which is also important for us.”

Would have been a good replacement for Rose, assuming he is not coming back anytime soon, or Robbo?

He would never have come to a Northern track due to his other committments.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

He would never have come to a Northern track due to his other committments.

I've noticed a few on these threads that suggest robbo should go , apart from being injured almost as soon as the season got going  he's been one of the diamonds top riders for many season's and can and does beat anyone round Brough park when he's fully fit . 

• Like 3