British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2018

4 hours ago, FreddieWebb said:

What did you guys think of the Berwick meeting on Sunday? Some great racing, Lindgren following on from his great score vs Ipswich at home and nice to see Wethers riding much better than previous meetings :)

I totally agree. I enjoyed the Meeting very much.

What did you guys think of the Berwick meeting on Sunday? Some great racing, Lindgren following on from his great score vs Ipswich at home and nice to see Wethers riding much better than previous meetings :)

Er...there's a separate thread for the match.

But since you ask, yes, I did enjoy it.

Er...there's a separate thread for the match.

But since you ask, yes, I did enjoy it.

17 hours ago, StevePark said:

Matty drops to reserve from 26th May (GSA 4.00) and Ash moves into the main body (1-5).

I'm happy with the change. Wethers has been inconsistent but some time at reserve should be good for him and Ash has been arguably the best Newcastle rider this month, so he deserves a shot in the main body of the team :)

• Like 1

diamonds now have 10.10 points to replace rose .................................  just a pity there is not a 9+ heat leader available

perhaps sign craig cook and then use guests to cover all his meetings :)......  a good heat leader would transform this team

diamonds do need to sign someone quickly as tero and ashleys averages are bound to increase ... and continuing with a guest and r/r will soon catch us out at home

diamonds will be weaker with Ashley in main body .............  always better for your team to have a reserve averaging 7+ who can take 7 rides ............ but given how wethers rode on sunday ............  he should make a mockery of his current 4 point average from reserve

Edited by mauger65
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mauger65 said:

diamonds now have 10.10 points to replace rose .................................  just a pity there is not a 9+ heat leader available

perhaps sign craig cook and then use guests to cover all his meetings :)......  a good heat leader would transform this team

diamonds do need to sign someone quickly as tero and ashleys averages are bound to increase ... and continuing with a guest and r/r will soon catch us out at home

diamonds will be weaker with Ashley in main body .............  always better for your team to have a reserve averaging 7+ who can take 7 rides ............ but given how wethers rode on sunday ............  he should make a mockery of his current 4 point average from reserve

I agree with all of this.

I suspect that available funds will dictate who is signed, given that averages-wise the field is open.

A friend of mine asked me the other day if I still go to Speedway but I said I didn’t because we had a young child but I was thinking of coming back this year as he’s older but when I saw the team it just did not appeal to me and I thought I would give it a miss, in all the years I’ve been there has always been a standout rider or riders going back to my first meeting it was the Owen brothers and mr blackadder all characters and pure racers had u wanting to go every week this team is just a bit bland, all the years I have been going to speedway you bump into people who say “I used to go to speedway when such and such was riding” now I’m one of them and I can understand why.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

A friend of mine asked me the other day if I still go to Speedway but I said I didn’t because we had a young child but I was thinking of coming back this year as he’s older but when I saw the team it just did not appeal to me and I thought I would give it a miss, in all the years I’ve been there has always been a standout rider or riders going back to my first meeting it was the Owen brothers and mr blackadder all characters and pure racers had u wanting to go every week this team is just a bit bland, all the years I have been going to speedway you bump into people who say “I used to go to speedway when such and such was riding” now I’m one of them and I can understand why.

Forgetting of course the trauma that the club has gone through before Xmas to be in a position to open this year, and the published statements about this year is realistically a year of consolidation. No number 1's left, so strength in depth team was the only alternative, and the team has had some great results and decent racing especially at Brough. A hiccup unfortunately with Rose finally signing but now having time out, but some good news could be around the corner about his replacement. What was the phrase at Xmas, "in George we trust".

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Forgetting of course the trauma that the club has gone through before Xmas to be in a position to open this year, and the published statements about this year is realistically a year of consolidation. No number 1's left, so strength in depth team was the only alternative, and the team has had some great results and decent racing especially at Brough. A hiccup unfortunately with Rose finally signing but now having time out, but some good news could be around the corner about his replacement. What was the phrase at Xmas, "in George we trust".

Aye, but which corner Dave ? ;)

10 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Aye, but which corner Dave ? ;)

George is probably getting him from the corner shop.