British Speedway Forum

Other Museums

iris123

Are there any other museums with a speedway or even board racing exhibit?I have seen that the museum at Hockenheim has what looks like a brilliant collection of racing cars and bikes,but am not sure if they have any relevant exhibits to speedways history...

Scottish Speedway Museum

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=55984

Steve Luxton's Garage Mahal

http://www.speedwayplus.com/NewMahal.shtml

and at Broxbourne the Paradise Park National speedway museum

https://www.pwpark.com/national-speedway-museum

• Like 1

Thanks arnieg.The Garage Mahal I always thought was a private collection.Steve Luxton is a relative of one of our members and have seen a few photos.Looked like a bar with speedway bikes etc as decoration.

Am I right in thinking Ole Olsen has some memorabilia on display in Haderslev?But in a hotel rather than museum?

• 2 weeks later...

I am certain that at one time in the late 1940s there was a small speedway museum associated to Exeter Speedway? A confirmation - or denial! - would be appreciated. I have an idea that the famed Falcons' legtraiier and later their team manager Bernard 'Bronco' Slade was involved with the museum.

I found a Denver Broncos museum,but that has nothing to do with speedway.And i think other than finding a time machine in the attic how do you propose visiting this museum that existed maybe,possibly in the 1940s

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:icon_smile_clown:

I think the museum in Torun is at the Speedway stadium.I will post updates daily,as I find new stuff.....

Seems i made a mistake and assumed it was at the stadium.Looking at further info it seems it is actually within a Shopping Centre,which would possibly attract more interest and promote the club/sport even more than just the converted who visit the stadium :t:

http://www.torun-plaza.pl/pl/

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Remember, Doug, I did mention about the AMA Hall of Fame and museum just outside Columbus, Ohio.  I still haven't been there yet, but it is only a couple of hours for me.  I definitely need to get there this year!

They have speedway and board-racing bikes and sections, and I don't know what else.  I will let you all know when I have been...

Steve

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I haven't been to every speedway museum in the world, however I genuinely believe Ash's speedway museum in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia is the largest 'speedway only museum' in the world

His collection of everything speedway is vast, this includes race jackets, suits, machinery, trophies, etc, etc.

Situated very close to the Blue Mountains and the Mount Panarama Racetrack, if in the area, I strongly recommend a visit (Bathurst Long Track at the showgrounds is also an annual event)

I've got plenty of photos from my visit if anyone is interested.

• 3 months later...
On 10/19/2017 at 8:11 AM, iris123 said:

Anyone know if the museum is still there ? Looked a great place, but the link is now dead and I can’t seem to find a new link or reference to the museum on the Torun  Plaza site. Strange