British Speedway Forum

Somerset V Wolverhampton 22.9.17

Well we always offered the 29th but Gary May didn't want that in case we had a full team

I suspect it had more to do with Somerset not having a league meeting since 1Sep and not wanting to go 4 weeks without a meeting which seems pretty reasonable to me.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

from the Rebels Web Site

The 'Cases' Somerset Rebels hopes of fielding their full 1-7 for tonight's match against Wolverhampton have taken a double hit.

Firstly, skipper Josh Grajczonek has not recovered from injuries he sustained recently whilst riding for Sheffield, x-ray's showing that he has chipped a bone in his back, and, as a consequence, has been forced to pull out of tonight's match.

In addition, Patrick Hougaard has suffered a shoulder injury whilst practicing in Denmark which has also ruled him out of tonight's meeting.

With two riders missing from the line-up, Somerset are eligable to use a guest replacement for one, and rider replacement facility for the other, team manager Garry May opting to operate rider replacement in place of Josh, which means all of the remaining 6 riders are eligible to take his rides, and have secured the services of Poole's Edward Kennett as a guest replacement for Patick.

"Looking at the two options, I thought ot best to use the rider replacement facility at number 1 in place of Josh as that gave us more flexibility as to who can take the rides," he said, "and so the guest facility can be used in place of Patrick, and I am very grateful to Edward Kennett for agreeing to ride for us at short notice."

Edited by idh
  • Like 1

after reading the news I shant bother with this one,

I cannot believe there is not someone better than kennett to guest, have not seen him have a half decent meeting this season.

disappointed that I wont be there to say cheerio to the lads, but will keep my money in my pocket as yet another race night full of guests and bloody R/R

nevermind l for one hope its a drop down to the championship next season

• Like 2

after reading the news I shant bother with this one,

I cannot believe there is not someone better than kennett to guest, have not seen him have a half decent meeting this season.

disappointed that I wont be there to say cheerio to the lads, but will keep my money in my pocket as yet another race night full of guests and bloody R/R

nevermind l for one hope its a drop down to the championship next season

I believe Kennett has a good record at Somerset so may be a reasonable guest, it isn't as though Somerset have any chance of turning over a 14 point deficit anyway. Poole wouldn't have won there without him.

Edited by foreverblue

I believe Kennett has a good record at Somerset so may be a reasonable guest, it isn't as though Somerset have any chance of turning over a 14 point deficit anyway. Poole wouldn't have won there without him.

he might ride here ok for other teams,when he puts on a rebels bib,he looks like he does not care.
  • Like 1

sadly my friend you believe wrong

,in my eyes

true Poole might not of won without him but he has never pulled up trees for the Rebels, and never really rode well at the OT

but hey ho im staying in the warm and welcomed to be proved wrong :t:

good luck tonight lads

Cost us the play offs a couple of years ago, not going to bother now, Hougaard injured again I see. Good luck in the final Wolves, was half looking forward to this . Off on my hols tomorrow after getting shafted by Monarch on my original destination, not been a good week 🤔

sadly my friend you believe wrong

,in my eyes

true Poole might not of won without him but he has never pulled up trees for the Rebels, and never really rode well at the OT

but hey ho im staying in the warm and welcomed to be proved wrong :t:

good luck tonight lads

Well my friend i do not think paid 10 is not too bad! Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

it isn't as though Somerset have any chance of turning over a 14 point deficit anyway.

If only it had have been just 14, we'd have been in the final now ! ;):P

I cannot believe there is not someone better than kennett to guest.

It's pretty easy to criticise when you don't know the facts. If I was feeling a little less generous, I might even say that your comment's a bit of a cheap shot really. Had you bothered to come to the meeting, you might not hold that view.

Firstly Garry asked a few of riders to guest in place of Josh, but they refused, so it wasn't for the lack of trying. So as a result he decided to go with RR at one and a guest for Paddy, and Edward answered the call very late in the day, and was prepared to come, unlike some others who were asked.

Secondly he has had some great performances at the Oaktree in the past, and at one time was extremely hard to beat around the track. Granted his more recent outing at the OTA have been nothing to write home about, but as Stuart Robson once observed when putting in a great guest performance for the Rebels, 'It's much easy to ride for a team than it is to ride against it as a visitor', which is a sentiment that EK appears to have proved tonight.

Edited by womble53
  • Like 2

If only it had have been just 14, we'd have been in the final now ! ;):P

It's pretty easy to criticise when you don't know the facts. If I was feeling a little less generous, I might even say that your comment's a bit of a cheap shot really. Had you bothered to come to the meeting, you might not hold that view.

Firstly Garry asked a few of riders to guest in place of Josh, but they refused, so it wasn't for the lack of trying. So as a result he decided to go with RR at one and a guest for Paddy, and Edward answered the call very late in the day, and was prepared to come, unlike some others who were asked.

Secondly he has had some great performances at the Oaktree in the past, and at one time was extremely hard to beat around the track. Granted his more recent outing at the OTA have been nothing to write home about, but as Stuart Robson once observed when putting in a great guest performance for the Rebels, 'It's much easy to ride for a team than it is to ride against it as a visitor', which is a sentiment that EK appears to have proved tonight.

Sorry about that i thought you lost 52-38 at Wolves.