British Speedway Forum

Koc Sf 2nd Leg - Belle Vue (39) V (50) Swindon Robins

Well done to Belle Vue on what looks like an exciting win. It's funny how matches that look unattractive turn out good like that.

People predicting the end of the Robins should note it only needed a Jason Doyle win in the final heat to take the tie.

BWD was missed. Hope Swindon can see that now. What I think got us into such great form this year was the spirit in the side. You won't get that with ringer guests. In fact I think we lost that when we lost Zach (or it looked that way anyway).

• Like 1

Teams were already confirmed

Nope. That's not how it works. I've already preemptively responded to this with the Robert Lambert example. Riders orders are declared.

Swindon had a facility for a rider who was not missing for a genuine reason.

Frankly anyone putting their faith in THJ gets all they deserve. He's never done anything decent in the UK. Often looks like a poor wobbler - which is odd because watch him abroad and he's a decent enough rider.

Nope. That's not how it works. I've already preemptively responded to this with the Robert Lambert example. Riders orders are declared.

Although the facility has already been granted and I'm sure that it would have been technically fine.

I just hope it was Bradley's decision not to ride.

Really enjoyed my first visit to the NSS. Ok, so the track wasnt in the best condition, but did provide some good racing.

Bjerre got filled in in Ht1, otherwise was excellent.

Worrall seemed to be riding a 250cc, going backwards not forward. Unlucky with a chain breaking on the last bend while 3rd.

Andersen was always up to something,protecting his partner with some expert elbow work!

Tungate same as Andersen, always up there making life awkward.

Cook rode his socks off and got a huge cheer when securing the vital points in Ht15

Bewley was awesome, totally belying his age and experience. Easily MoM.

Hopwood outclassed.

Kurtz disappeared after a storming Ht1

Ellis easily the best Robin. Got a couple of fliers, but looked very quick.

Musielak started slowly, but got going in the end.

Bellego, Ht14 apart, didnt turn up

Morris always in the mix making life uncomfortable for the Aces riders.

THJ....nuff said, waste of space.

Carr steady but ineffective,

Of course, with Doyle it may well have been different. Same goes for BWD. But it wasnt, so very well done Aces, great job tonight.

Best of luck in the Final and in the upcoming Play offs v Wolves. Swindon are almost certain to beat Poole, so unless there a major shock, I hope you do the double.

Edited by BobC
  • Like 1

just thought i'd have a look on this thread after tonights match and don't know why i bothered. $hit Shoveller couldn't wait to get on here and start spouting rubbish, jeez mate just for once in your sad little life stop being such a dick.

Well done BV, congratulations on your victory.

Thanks Jonny. Must be interesting times for your lad. Clearly a talent, Poole will be gutted they released him, Robins will be well happy after a dodgy start to the season

So how best to develop him? Race somewhere tight like Monmore to hone his skills, or a slightly more Polish type track like BV?

Adam looks like a different animal in 2017, hope he and Dan Bewley take that ability & energy into 2018,future looks so bright.

Possibly the worst meeting of the season in front of a poor crowd.

A minor miracle that it even started. Credit to Meredith for sorting it out.

Great to be through. I just wish this rain would disappear. It's really hurt us the last half dozen meetings.

Possibly the worst meeting of the season in front of a poor crowd.

A minor miracle that it even started. Credit to Meredith for sorting it out.

Great to be through. I just wish this rain would disappear. It's really hurt us the last half dozen meetings.

Not surprising with the weather and it's effect on both the size of the crowd and the quality of the racing

Thought we made harder work of that than we should have, apart from Morris and Ellis the Robins didnt really turn up. The guests cancelled themselves out with Hans at least putting in some effort unlike Kurtz who may have well stayed at home but with monday looming he was never going to put it all on the line. But overturning a 15 point deficit after an opening 1-5 should give the side confidence going forward. I still think Poole could cause the Robins some serious problems on monday.

Far from the best racing this year at the NSS but after the amount of rain that fell the track staff deserve a lot of credit for producing a track that was safe and that did produce a few decent races. Despite the conditions it was an exciting match as slowly but surely the Aces clawed back what became a 15 point deficit.

Bewley was brilliant, dropping just one point to the opposition, Cook put in an excellent performance and everyone else gave 100%. Andersen was unhappy with his performance but he was worth more than his 5 points and it was good to see him encouraging his temporary team mates and offering advice.

Swindon, Ellis and Morris apart were poor. Doyle would have made a difference but so would Fricke and let's not forget our misfortunes in the away leg.

Ellis rode exceptionally well, he was fast and determined, the best I have seen him ride.

Onwards to the final, it will be a close encounter if it's against Wolves, which looks very likely at the moment.

Edited by Aces51

Not surprising with the weather and it's effect on both the size of the crowd and the quality of the racing

And also not surprising given the FIVE guests for what was supposedly a Semi Final of one of the Sports domestic trophies..

Starting from such a low base was always going to be a struggle to get a crowd...

Thanks Jonny. Must be interesting times for your lad. Clearly a talent, Poole will be gutted they released him, Robins will be well happy after a dodgy start to the season

So how best to develop him? Race somewhere tight like Monmore to hone his skills, or a slightly more Polish type track like BV?

Adam looks like a different animal in 2017, hope he and Dan Bewley take that ability & energy into 2018,future looks so bright.

Yeah Ellis been very good since he moved out of the reserve position. Passing people for fun. Just hope the Poole 2018 rumours are wrong and hes back at Swindon.

• Like 1

Yes, for the reasons I set out in my post that you quoted. Riders like BWD occasionally perform exceptionally but the operative word is occasionally. His form has dipped and in my opinion a repeat of that paid maximum or even anything approaching that performance is extremely unlikely.THJ has been in poor form but as is often said, form is temporary but class is permanent. In my opinion it is more likely that THJ will score more points than BWD would have done. He may have a terrible night, I hope he does but I believe that most knowledgeable fans given an option to choose between the two would choose THJ.

So much for "knowledgeable fans."

just thought i'd have a look on this thread after tonights match and don't know why i bothered. $hit Shoveller couldn't wait to get on here and start spouting rubbish, jeez mate just for once in your sad little life stop being such a dick.

Well done BV, congratulations on your victory.

spot on assessment of the bile spouting Blue nose..

Frankly anyone putting their faith in THJ gets all they deserve. He's never done anything decent in the UK. Often looks like a poor wobbler - which is odd because watch him abroad and he's a decent enough rider.

what was the explanation regarding Masters last year then when he watched from the pits, his guest for his team at Belle Vue..?

well done to Belle Vue on progressing to the final. Looks like our form has taken a little nose dive at the moment, fingers crossed we pick it up... we need it.

Edited by dump that clutch

Well unfortunately for me I got caught up in traffic at work and was to late finishing to get to the NSS for this meeting. Great win for the Aces especially after the 1st heat 1-5. Would Doyle of made the difference between winning and losing? maybe, but same could be said about the ref at Swindon.

Hopefully though, the Play off semi's and final's will be fought between full strength teams on tracks not affected by weather.

may the best team win.