British Speedway Forum

Swindon Vs Poole - Posf2 - 25 Sep

Steve0

This post just shows how two faced some Swindon fans are! You are allowed to laugh at Poole's performance last night but if the same happens to Swindon the people who laugh are narrow minded...?

So you are saying Swindon fans are also narrow minded...thanks for the clarification!

Look you got crushed ..stop being a poor loser and enjoy watching Swindon in the final

• Like 4

Starman do yourself a favour you pathetic little weasel and keep your trap shut.

Poole the team to beat at the start of the season. KK will average over 9. Holder and Kurtz the new turbo twins. Klindt will score bucketloads from reserve. Hans will be solid. Newman is loved and adored by the fans. Shanes is the best 2 pointer.

We heard all of that and guess what!!!!

KK hated riding for you as proved when he moved clubs.

You replaced him with a worse rider in Kennett

You sacked Newman, a disgraceful action.

You replaced him with a worse rider in Starke

Klindt did ok them you replaced him with another average rider in Lahti.

Holder was a let down big time.

Only Hans , Kurtz ( who had to much pressure on him) and Shanes can hold their heads high.

Your management and promotion got it all wrong.

Instead of admitting it your such a bad loser you mock Swindon.... your a freak of a little man

No more speedway stars to seek now Poole season is over lol

Love how Poole fans were happy scraping 4th lol

Gav

So much of what you say is right in this post down to and incl how Poole Management got it all wrong. Comments after that will leave to you and your friend who you enjoy the banter with ;-)

You are right to a degree that there was too much crowing about how good this team were going to be.

But not many could forsee KK imploding to the degree he did. Inconsistent at times I agree 100%, but consistently bad to the degree he was ??

Yes too much pressure on Kurtz but also on Holder jr in my opinion. He should have been developing in a good team and not expected to pull up trees when many a round him failed. He was always going to have ups and downs in his first season in Prem.

Klindt was exactly that until his injury. Just ok. Fair enough at reserve but even then didn't GSA to the level I would have expected. In main team - Nuh not good enough for me.

Newman was a victim of his own injury and undue pressure put on him by the failures going on around him. Ford didn't feel he could afford to lose out on another rider with his av falling so alarmingly so took a biz decision before it was too late. Good or bad move. Will always be debatable but ultimately probably not much in it with Starke overall but for sure unfair on Kyle who is so loyal to Poole.

Kennett and Lahti - least said the better. Problem is that nobody else was really interested in Prem at that time, but even so warning signs on both were there with Kennett sacking form RH and Lahti not exactly model of consistency as he trawls around Europe with one good score - one bad score but at least spreading the word for his impressive looking sponsors when you visit his website. Cant see that guy back in Prem in a hurry unless he gets a permanent reserve berth which impossible of course.

You are right that Kurtz - Anderson (to a degree as had an annoying habit of letting us down at important times) and Shanes came out with credit but Holder in his first season on a final GSA of 5.82 without BP was not a disaster. Just too much put on young shoulders in his first season of Prem when in reality it should have been a case of not too bad for a first season and shows promise as evidenced at Peterborough and last matches in Torun Even if on Hancocks engine/s).

Ultimately a combo of factors incl injuries - bad riders/riding - inconsistencies and bad management decisions.

For Swindon after that dodgy start the cards fell nicely in who they signed and riders also improved. Even the luxury of not having Doyle for part of the season plus carrying injury and having the distraction of probably winning the Speedway GP to become World Champion.

Fair play to Swindon as I hope they do win it. The best team this year imo and would be a great shame if it all went to pot in the last weeks with not winning the KO Cup or the league. Hopefully they will win the league as they deserve it with that run they had to blow most of the others away.

• Like 2

The overall result was never going to be anything other than a Swindon win.

Congratulations to the Robins, fully deserved.

No good any Poole fans trying to make any excuses. Kurtz, Andersen and Shanes all worked hard for their points, but 3 men cant possibly win. Even when Poole took the lead it was more by bad luck for the Robins than anything else. You just knew they could step things up a gear, while Poole couldnt.

Only thing that made me smile was the form of BWD. Not a fan of his, but it sure was a 2 fingered salute to Rosco for not including him on Friday and costing the Robins a chance of a League and Cup double.

Hoping that the Aces get through to the Final. If they do, I will be there to cheer them on!

• Like 1

Only thing that made me smile was the form of BWD. Not a fan of his, but it sure was a 2 fingered salute to Rosco for not including him on Friday and costing the Robins a chance of a League and Cup double.

Bet Rosco was gutted by his form :D ..the bottom line is the ko cup means sod all you tell by the crowds ..saving him for this worked out a treat .

• Like 1

This post just shows how two faced some Swindon fans are! You are allowed to laugh at Poole's performance last night but if the same happens to Swindon the people who laugh are narrow minded...?

So you are saying Swindon fans are also narrow minded...thanks for the clarification!

Two faced? Really? Where did I laugh at Poole's performance last night? Stop making things up thanks :rolleyes:

Look you got crushed ..stop being a poor loser and enjoy watching Swindon in the final

No you enjoy it, you don't get there very often.

More like 10..

Packed your bags yet

Thanks for asking but not until Saturday. A super weeks flying coming up in the French alps. Bristol to Nice Sunday morning and then a brilliant 7 days soaring and thermalling up to cloudbase in the alpine terrain.

Will still put my nose in if I have wifi to see what's happening in the final and if possible will try and get a stream to watch the first leg of the final.

Two faced? Really? Where did I laugh at Poole's performance last night? Stop making things up thanks :rolleyes:

Did you just type that from Orions shed..

I did, thought it was shambolic. :nono:

Thanks for asking but not until Saturday. A super weeks flying coming up in the French alps. Bristol to Nice Sunday morning and then a brilliant 7 days soaring and thermalling up to cloudbase in the alpine terrain.

Will still put my nose in if I have wifi to see what's happening in the final and if possible will try and get a stream to watch the first leg of the final.

Just as well Poole didn't win last night then! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Is that what you call it, more a whimper than a roar. half of them were poole fans you know... still you have it your way, part timers :t:

Idiot...

Nevermind mate, you will get over it it, hope you get hammered in the final ..

No you enjoy it, you don't get there very often.

still chewing a wasp then Starman... what a :icon_smile_clown:..your not doing yourself any favours with these retorts are you.

• Like 5

Have a good time ! 👍

• Like 1

Sometimes you have to accept defeat with good grace and realise you were beaten by a much superior team, get over it Starman.

Im not complaining at all we were well beaten.

• Like 1