British Speedway Forum

Newcastle Diamonds V Redcar Bears 17th Sep 2017 At 6.30

Think Robert is skipping the riders championship because of a knee injury.

Wonder if it will keep him out the Polish meeting on Sunday.

Didn`t stop him riding in a big open meeting in Germany last night https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/relacja/80774/night-of-the-fights-w-cloppenburgu

So we have Robert in Germany- Poland easy to get to or flight to England and flight to Poland. Another rider taking the pi$$

• Like 3

Didn`t stop him riding in a big open meeting in Germany last night https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/relacja/80774/night-of-the-fights-w-cloppenburgu

So we have Robert in Germany- Poland easy to get to or flight to England and flight to Poland. Another rider taking the pi$$

Which is where he aggravated the old injury, I'd guess?

Whilst you could well be right you must st least concede that if Lambert takes his place in his Polish meeting tomorrow it will look pretty iffy.

From a purely selfish point of view and no offence to Josh, I hope he doesn't ride in Poland on Sunday, as I would guess we would be allowed a guest or R/R.

Yes the old injury that hasn`t stopped him riding in Sweden, Poland and open meetings - only the UK. Has he ever done a shared event meeting ?

Taken from Robert Lambert Racing Facebook page:

Cloppenburg last night ended not the way I wanted. I made the semi and didn't make the final but on the same time I twisted my leg and today woken up unable to walk on it and went to the hospital to get it checked and they signed me off for today so I can't race. I'm very disappointed because I want to finish the season on a high and another meddle. I hope I get signed fit for tomorrow in Poland. Also at the hospital I seen team mate Martin Smolinskiafter his crash last night.

Taken from Robert Lambert Racing Facebook page:

Cloppenburg last night ended not the way I wanted. I made the semi and didn't make the final but on the same time I twisted my leg and today woken up unable to walk on it and went to the hospital to get it checked and they signed me off for today so I can't race. I'm very disappointed because I want to finish the season on a high and another meddle. I hope I get signed fit for tomorrow in Poland. Also at the hospital I seen team mate Martin Smolinskiafter his crash last night.

He can show a photo of his flight tickets etc to show he intended to race tonight and then people won't be able to say he's taking the mic key (especially since he is very disappointed).
  • Like 1

After Glasgow's result today, I bet Redcar will be trying to get this in before the cutoff.

Wouldn't make any difference last nights result was enough for Glasgow even if Redcar won both there meetings.

The margin would have to be two 40 point away wins.