British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

This could go either way really as each rider is hard to estimate their score. Will Bjerre be a number one, Will Fricke be back to his best as struggled so far, Will Cook be 333 or 111 and much the same for the Wolves team. Hopefully the first leg is somewhere between 8-10 points difference at the end and make it a close finish at Wolves.

Wolves have a great home record but Aces have a good away record too. 91-89 either way

Max Fricke scored a decent 7points in Sweden tonight, he was definitely on the pace and didn't appear to be holding back, the track looked the sort that requires strength & stamina to ride but he rode hard in the 3 heats I saw him ride.

Keep it going Max, we definitely need you firing on all cylinders come Monday.

• Like 1

I hipeyou are right but personally I think Wolves will blast Belle Vue out of the water at Monmore and go through. Then see off Swindon 54-36ish which will be enough to retain.

We were blasted out of the the water last year in the playoffs at Monmore, hopefully not this time!

Personally I think Wolves will keep it close next Monday and then be a tight one at Monmore. Either way should make cracking tv.

Would agree first leg will be close. I'd take a 10 point lead right now if offered, will be mighty tough to achieve that though. As for 2nd leg Wolves hit us hard early at Monmore last year in the Grand Final (14 down after 7 heats) & we couldn't recover. Expect a better showing from our top 5 this time round.

The key to the whole tie for me is a fully fit Bewley. Impossible to replace round BV, goes well at Monmore too. If he's 100% & excels then I like our chances. If not could be heartbreak again.

Feels like an age since the tie was announced, win or lose can't wait for Monday night - should be a cracker

Edited by mikec

The key to the whole tie for me is a fully fit Bewley. Impossible to replace round BV, goes well at Monmore too. If he's 100% & excels then I like our chances. If not could be heartbreak again.

Feels like an age since the tie was announced, win or lose can't wait for Monday night - should be a cracker

As noted elsewhere, Bewley was tremendous last time out at Monmore and could be a key card if fully fit. Fricke likewise a concern after injury.

From a Wolves perspective, the only lingering concern similarly would be over Masters' fitness.

Let's hope for two fully-fit sevens and a brilliant two-legged tie. The Aces strike me as marginally better at Monmore than Wolves are at the NSS, but not much in it overall. Game on!

• Like 3

Despite last season, we still haven't got 1993 out of our systems ;):D

Used to love watching Bobby Ott, until that night grrrrrrrr :cry:

COYW

Yes me too very unusual riding style, very exciting rider to watch.

We were blasted out of the the water last year in the playoffs at Monmore, hopefully not this time!

Would agree first leg will be close. I'd take a 10 point lead right now if offered, will be mighty tough to achieve that though. As for 2nd leg Wolves hit us hard early at Monmore last year in the Grand Final (14 down after 7 heats) & we couldn't recover. Expect a better showing from our top 5 this time round.

I think you will do very well to get a 10 point lead I think it will be a lot closer and my guess would be 6, if that is the case then I think Wolves will go through.

As noted elsewhere, Bewley was tremendous last time out at Monmore and could be a key card if fully fit. Fricke likewise a concern after injury.From a Wolves perspective, the only lingering concern similarly would be over Masters' fitness.Let's hope for two fully-fit sevens and a brilliant two-legged tie. The Aces strike me as marginally better at Monmore than Wolves are at the NSS, but not much in it overall. Game on!

Well, Fricke is definitely back on form now!

Fricke was unbelievable last night. Best I've seen him.

But we have lost Smith now who started to score a few points at home.

Liam Carr

Jake knight

James sargaent

Rob shuttleworth

Are best options

Liam Carr

Jake knight

James sargaent

Rob shuttleworth

Are best options

I'd go with Rob at the NSS and L Carr at Wolves

Liam Carr

Jake knight

James sargaent

Rob shuttleworth

Are best options

Be surprised if Sargaent's average was to fit, seems to be 5.66 in the Championship. The others sounds plausible.

I have a feeling Bewley will be riding

He will be

Be surprised if Sargaent's average was to fit, seems to be 5.66 in the Championship. The others sounds plausible.

For workington his average is bang on 3