British Speedway Forum

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

Pit gate guy at Poole is very reliable, not really a speedway fan, most promoters would love him at their club fact.

I'll back that up.

I just caught up with this on the TV box. What an awful meeting it was. Poole were dreadful. The track was awful. The referee was awful. Heat 8 was it's only redeeming feature.

I was catching up with the meetings I had missed on YouTube. Having watched the Gorzow v Wroclaw play off second leg this meeting can only be described as dross

If he isn't a speedway fan how did he know who was talking too?!

Either way it depends who's story you believe.

Brum, you don't half spout some rubbish. You and Fred should get together and compare notes.

If he isn't a speedway fan how did he know who was talking too?!

Either way it depends who's story you believe.

He's a retired copper who used to patrol at our meetings hope that helps.

Edited by Starman2006

I really do hope the second leg proves a decisive winner one way or the other (prefer Poole but lets just get it over with).

After that we can then have this topic consigned as quickly as possible to the BSF bin and move on one way or another as the KN/BWD has for me gone past it sell by date.

Ultimately Poole got 8 points back in those 2 last races that cosmetically made the result look more closer than it was in reality. Maybe that levels out a bit the contentious subject of the replacement. If Swindon had tried hard enough in those 2 races and if BWD had ridden then maybe the end result would have balanced out to where it ended anyway.

The second leg will hopefully put to bed once and for all who is the better team over the 2 legs and put to bed all the conspiracy theories. If its Swindon fair play to them as they have been the better team this season and fair play to Roscoe for turning what was supposed to be a bottom of the pile team into potential Prem winners (and maybe double winners with KOC), with some shrewed signings.

FF's post is more believable than yours! Maybe pit gate man asked his name when he got to the pit gate!!!

each to their own I guess.

He's a retired copper who used to patrol at our meetings hope that helps.

Completely irrelevant.

We have a retired copper at my club who hasn't a clue about my sport so it doesn't help in the slightest.

• Like 1