British Speedway Forum

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

Kyle Newman should'nt have guested for Swindon full stop. If Doyle was out injured and Rosco asked C. Holder to guest would he? NO he would'nt

Kyle fist pumped in front of the Swindon fans which was disrespectful to the Poole fans who have stuck by him for years.

Now did Kyle guesting make an impact on the result - NO because BWD would've matched Newman's score.

Kyle should'nt be considered for 2018 and its not all about the guest booking.

It was clear to see that Starke (1 - 1) Would've been 2 - 1 if it wasn't for the EF when leading in Heat 2 & Shanes (2 - 1) both had the beating of Newman.

Newman isn't a true Pirate unlike Darcy, Chris, Davey & Bjarne who are Poole through and through. IMO there are certain things you just don't do and Newman shouldn't of guested but that's just my opinion.

I have a slight issue with the fist bumping for one reason ex-Southampton players have not celebrated in front of the Saints fans,when they came back and scored a goal against, so that shows they show more respect than Kyle does. But i don't blame Kyle for taking the booking.

Newman shouldn't have celebrated after all the fans weren't the ones who sacked him.

IMO Kyle didn't show any respect towards the Poole fan base on the night.

Kyle Newman should'nt have guested for Swindon full stop. If Doyle was out injured and Rosco asked C. Holder to guest would he? NO he would'nt

Kyle fist pumped in front of the Swindon fans which was disrespectful to the Poole fans who have stuck by him for years.

Now did Kyle guesting make an impact on the result - NO because BWD would've matched Newman's score.

Kyle should'nt be considered for 2018 and its not all about the guest booking.

It was clear to see that Starke (1 - 1) Would've been 2 - 1 if it wasn't for the EF when leading in Heat 2 & Shanes (2 - 1) both had the beating of Newman.

Newman isn't a true Pirate unlike Darcy, Chris, Davey & Bjarne who are Poole through and through. IMO there are certain things you just don't do and Newman shouldn't of guested but that's just my opinion.

Gater1, hodgie,JCB Bob, your are still talking rubbish IMO .

Of course, Poole are the best supported team in the league. Figures are not needed - you only have to watch the televised matches and judge for yourself by the crowds shots on camera. Nigel and Kelvin frequently make reference to the crowd size at Poole also !

Yes they cannot believe how small it is

Well said Kyle Newman......

Disgusting comments by Middlo really. How that man can have a pop at other clubs when for many years Poole have been at the forefront of most issues!

So Newman was booked by Swindon BEFORE the play offs were decided....fantastic planning i would say by the Swindon management.

As Kyle says BWD was there with bikes if Poole did the disgraceful thing and appeal.

So let me get this right. BWD is injured. Newman gets booked as cover. Fine. But BWD turns up to ride if the paperwork is not in order and Newman can't ride.

Hang on a minute. BWD is injured. So why has he turned up to ride? Or was he not injured really and Rosco has been caught out? BWD if injured can't ride so why turn up? Surely if there was an issue Rosco would have been on the phone to Auty or Robson?

Swindon banged to rights.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I have a slight issue with the fist bumping for one reason ex-Southampton players have not celebrated in front of the Saints fans,when they came back and scored a goal against, so that shows they show more respect than Kyle does. But i don't blame Kyle for taking the booking.

I must admit I've had an issue with Bournemouth players not celebrating goals scored against their former clubs.

When you pull on the shirt you play for the badge and that's where your loyalty lies in my opinion.

Kyle fist pumped the Swindon fans so nothing wrong with showing you care about the team you are representing and the fans who are supporting you surely?

If he had fist pumped Poole fans it would have been disrespectful but that's not the case here so he did nothing wrong.

• Like 2

£5 admission wasn't it? Don't think there was any reduction at Poole on Monday. Our guy there said the crowd was good and MF was delighted with a bonus meeting.

Yes Phil the crowd was good on Monday. Full price, off race night, not the best weather and on tv as well. Shame Swindon didn't bring hardly any fans down to swell it further.

I must admit I've had an issue with Bournemouth players not celebrating goals scored against their former clubs.

When you pull on the shirt you play for the badge and that's where your loyalty lies in my opinion.

Kyle fist pumped the Swindon fans so nothing wrong with showing you care about the team you are representing and the fans who are supporting you surely?

If he had fist pumped Poole fans it would have been disrespectful but that's not the case here so he did nothing wrong.

Agree,he might be riding for Swindon next year,there are a few riders that have got a job out of efforts when guesting.

Yes Phil the crowd was good on Monday. Full price, off race night, not the best weather and on tv as well. Shame Swindon didn't bring hardly any fans down to swell it further.

Probably no more that 50 Steve. Gavan walks round Ippo and counts them dont you Gav.... :rofl:

So let me get this right. BWD is injured. Newman gets booked as cover. Fine. But BWD turns up to ride if the paperwork is not in order and Newman can't ride.

Hang on a minute. BWD is injured. So why has he turned up to ride? Or was he not injured really and Rosco has been caught out? BWD if injured can't ride so why turn up? Surely if there was an issue Rosco would have been on the phone to Auty or Robson?

Swindon banged to rights.

Something not right there Steve....

1300 to 1400 monday not bad considering the weather on the other hand poor as it was poole biggest meeting of the season ?

Who told you that ?

Loyalty lays where your paid your wages..

Edited by Starman2006

A belated well done to the Rockinest of Robins for seeing off the woeful title favourites - the mighty Poole Pirates !

The 3rd victory for the Robins at the plowed field this year !

The away victory was made even sweeter :t: as the Robins were severely weakened by the absence of their injured reserves BWD and ZK...

However, against all the odds, the Robins put the Pirates firmly in their place on Monday

It's not over yet though...

Btw, sad to see so many Poole fans unable to take defeat with dignity :t::D

Edited by Yer Ropes
  • Like 4

Just caught up with this on TV..my Sky plus cut off before heat 15 which wasn't great...it was an ok meeting..track a bit iffy but the odd decent race..

Never really complained about Pearson and Tatum but they did bug me ..especially Pearson..with their quite obvious and not very well disguised Poole bias...Pearson seemed almost in tears as Swindon built their lead and then couldn't use the joker...does he have shares in Poole or something ?..

Edited by Bruiser McHuge
  • Like 1