British Speedway Forum

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

Some exciting stuff up until halfway, but the second half of the meeting less so. Have to say it was exciting not because the track is good, but quite the opposite. With the racing line so wide you worry that one day somebody is going to have a really bad smash.

As a neutral I thoroughly enjoyed that. Most entertaining. It's a shame Poole didn't get a lead to make the second leg more interesting...I can't see Swindon having too much trouble at home.

Certainly been impressed with young Kurtz recently, tonight and the U-21's. He seems to be leaving Jack Holder behind now.

Heat 2 absolutely. The heat Doyle was allowed back in as the red light was already on before he spun. Was due to be pulled back.

Not sure Rossiter was watching the same meeting. I thought it was Poole who were the unlucky ones. A 5-1 in heat 2 until Stark had EF. Doyle allowed back in heat 13,which he won.

So really on another night Poole could have been going to the 2nd leg a couple of points up.

Not sure Rossiter was watching the same meeting. I thought it was Poole who were the unlucky ones. A 5-1 in heat 2 until Stark had EF. Doyle allowed back in heat 13,which he won.

So really on another night Poole could have been going to the 2nd leg a couple of points up.

Thought heat 13 had been explained,it was called back for Andersen rolling.

He wasn't allowed back in, red light had come come before he fell, Rosco clearly wasn't watching or he would have put Morris in ht15.

As a neutral I thoroughly enjoyed that. Most entertaining. It's a shame Poole didn't get a lead to make the second leg more interesting...I can't see Swindon having too much trouble at home.

Certainly been impressed with young Kurtz recently, tonight and the U-21's. He seems to be leaving Jack Holder behind now.

I said before this season even started that I doubted Holder would be up to much this season and that he was overrated and only where he was because of his name. Nothing I have seen this season has changed my mind.

Yes, he is still young but in my opinion he will only ever end up as a decent second string level Premiership rider, along the level of a Kennett type rider, nothing else.