British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2018

So it will be FIVE years out of date - no way it should be used IMO.

That said I didnt indicate I thought it should go up......

Averages more than a year old should be reassessed IMO. But if old figures are being used, as has been the case in the recent past, then we may as well take advantage as other teams have and will (I'm sure Poole would baulk at Kacper Woryna being reassessed to a seven rather than his last EL average of 4.65).

When we signed Andrew Silver for the Premier League team in 2009 his average was assessed at 4.00 despite him not having ridden competitively for over 15 years so nothing would surprise me.

No, all riders who had EL averages only had their figures amended because the old EL race format gave them unrealistic averages. Anything can happen at the AGM of course but the point of the average amending last year was to give riders weighted figures with regard to their actual ability.

Which is what I said.

The unrealistic averages where amended with totally unrealistic ones!

Out of curiosity, what average would people give Sundstrom? Hed be a 7 or 7.5 IMO so 7.22 seems fair.

Must admit I havent tracked his scores elsewhere enough in order to give a judgement. My point was simply that using a 2013 average without question is wrong.

7.22 may well be about right but that should be the case due to a true assessment of his current ability and not just because what he acheived 5 years ago

• Like 2

So its to assist riders to earn more money than to assist fans, point proven

Err, no. It will assist fans by removing same night fixtures for the PL and the CL, meaning that your team’s doubling up riders are available to ride for your team rather than having to ride for their Championship team. A massive improvement.

• Like 3

Err, no. It will assist fans by removing same night fixtures for the PL and the CL, meaning that your teams doubling up riders are available to ride for your team rather than having to ride for their Championship team. A massive improvement.

+ No clashes with foreign leagues = Full teams & regular fixtures

• Like 2

I was brought up as a child going to Wimbledon on a Monday night. When I was working in the City of London I used to go to midweek meetings regularly. Now as a pensioner I am busy nearly every Saturday evening so if the racing is mid week then it suits me fine but I understand others may disagree but personally I am praying they don't race on a Saturday.

Why cant they have a just few Saturdays such as an off night for GPs so no one is excluded

Because Saturdays will be Championship only night

If fixed race nights leads to regular 1-7 line ups then that's a good thing. One of the biggest gripes has been the use of rider replacement and guests for absent riders.

• Like 2

Looking at the GSA's on the BSPA website, if Sundstrom is 7.2ish, Harris or Nicholls around the same plus Kasprzak on 6.9ish wouldn't be a bad start to team building plans. Solid engine room.

• Like 2

If fixed race nights leads to regular 1-7 line ups then that's a good thing. One of the biggest gripes has been the use of rider replacement and guests for absent riders.

It is but has there been any research into what nights fans will attend? The sport needs a younger audience to grow and you may not get many kids attending on school nights. The Monday night tv matches are not a good indication to attendances as they were discounted.

It is but has there been any research into what nights fans will attend? The sport needs a younger audience to grow and you may not get many kids attending on school nights. The Monday night tv matches are not a good indication to attendances as they were discounted.

There are only two options which are apparently the two nights on the table