British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2018

6 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Whilst we all want to see Rye pull through, there could be one major problem with getting their way if they were to allow them to race at home on a Saturday.

Some are displaying a what the hell if the odd rider is missing attitude, but let's dig  bit deeper on the possible implications, as although we don't attract all the big stars now, this is the possible number of riders each visiting team could lose out of their seven current riders, as no way they will race UK on a Saturday for one reason or another related to POL as well as other continental possible commitments.

Belle Vue 5 - Leicester 3 - Rye House 1 KK - Swindon 4 maybe 5 at times - Kings Lynn 2 - Poole 6 yes 6 and maybe even 7 with Worrall getting odd rides out there - Somerset 2/3 - Wolves 2

Not as easy as it sounds initially.

Absolutely spot on it has big implications on visiting teams if Rye switch to Saturday nights - that’s said we don’t want to see the club close mid season but it could have a massive effect on the race for the play offs for visiting teams - in all honesty I will be surprised if they let the club switch race nights - the real only ways to get a level playing field 1 they carry on with week night racing or 2 and I don’t like saying this is they close and the meetings ridden are void . If they switch to Saturdays it’s going to have a big knock on effect with visiting teams . That said we definitely don’t want Rye to close - I’m just trying to look at it from other promotions point of view . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Haza said:

Absolutely spot on it has big implications on visiting teams if Rye switch to Saturday nights - that’s said we don’t want to see the club close mid season but it could have a massive effect on the race for the play offs for visiting teams - in all honesty I will be surprised if they let the club switch race nights - the real only ways to get a level playing field 1 they carry on with week night racing or 2 and I don’t like saying this is they close and the meetings ridden are void . If they switch to Saturdays it’s going to have a big knock on effect with visiting teams . That said we definitely don’t want Rye to close - I’m just trying to look at it from other promotions point of view . 

I don't look on it as "switching" I see it as "going back to". Yes it will create problems for this year but if these problems can, with a bit of effort, give and take and goodwill from every quarter, fans included, be sorted out surely that has to be better than losing another team.  If that's not possible and the problems are more than just race night then let's hope Rye can come back on a sound footing in 2019.  In the mean time will the BSPA please wake up and try to see the trees through the fog.

10 minutes ago, Haza said:

As Belle Vue are the only team to win at Rye this season, we stand to lose more points than the others, every effort should be sort to keep Rye in the Prem for the remainder of this season, if they choose to go down a league next year then sobeit, but these fixed race nights are not working in British speedway and that includes Belle Vue.

• Like 1

The problems are far more than FRN for Speedway in general , the disjointed fixture list, run down stadiums and poor promotion of the sport are just a-few.

the attendances at Workington have been very poor for many years but we manage to somehow get to another season......2019 not a hope I fear.

Edited by topaz325
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

I don't look on it as "switching" I see it as "going back to". Yes it will create problems for this year but if these problems can, with a bit of effort, give and take and goodwill from every quarter, fans included, be sorted out surely that has to be better than losing another team.  If that's not possible and the problems are more than just race night then let's hope Rye can come back on a sound footing in 2019.  In the mean time will the BSPA please wake up and try to see the trees through the fog.

I’m in total agreement I definitely have no wish to see any club close - all I’m saying some other promotions may not see it the same way as the Rye promotion or us speedway fans - hopefully goodwill rather than self interest will prevail at BSPA HQ we shall see .

A saturday night meeting is over (unless there is a hold up) by 9 - 9.30 in most cases, with Rye House being close to the London airports getting to Poland on a sunday shouldn't be too much of an issue, it wasn't last season, no different to racing on a monday evening and getting to Sweden to race the next day surely, Freddie Lindgren did it for years.

Ok going to give you all a serious post now. No joking around.

Personally I would let Rye House have the Saturday race night back ASAP. Yes patched up teams and an unfair advantage would be a joke but at least we haven't lost a club to British Speedway.

I say let teams actually have a facility for a missing rider/riders who have a Polish commitment and then that's fair. Rye House remain in the league. Teams are granted a facility for a missing rider or riders then we take it from there.

British Speedway simply cannot afford to lose yet another club and tbh fixed race nights will 100% be scrapped next year anyway because clubs will not agree to it due to finances.

This is the final era of British Speedway and it would be a massive shame if it was to end with club's folding one after the other. 

2 options patched up opposition for 4 months or lose a club all together. Easy decision and that's patched up teams.

Message for everyone. With every club that folds it's one step closer to your club shutting down not because of finances. It's because you wont have anyone to race against. 

Apart from Glasgow teams will not step up from the Championship to replace the Premiership teams. 

This is a time when people need to stop being selfish and look at the bigger picture. It's time to put Rye House first now and not our own clubs. 

We're at a time where there is no shining light at the end of the tunnel. It's all about survival and taking it year by year until the final day and the final nail gets hammered in.

No point talking about 1 big league next year and all that because it's not going to happen for a number of reasons. Which I wont get into because this is a Rye House thread.

All I'm saying is go back to basics now and just see out the season.

Let Rye House have those Saturday's back and continue to run because it's better than losing the club as I said earlier. 

Then every promoter needs to do what's best for British Speedway as a whole in the off season. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

The problems are far more than FRN for Speedway in general , the disjointed fixture list, run down stadiums and poor promotion of the sport are just a-few.

the attendances at Workington have been very poor for many years but we manage to somehow get to another season......2019 not a hope I fear.

I didn’t realise things are not good at Workington either . I’m sorry to hear this 

27 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Ok going to give you all a serious post now. No joking around.

Personally I would let Rye House have the Saturday race night back ASAP. Yes patched up teams and an unfair advantage would be a joke but at least we haven't lost a club to British Speedway.

I say let teams actually have a facility for a missing rider/riders who have a Polish commitment and then that's fair. Rye House remain in the league. Teams are granted a facility for a missing rider or riders then we take it from there.

British Speedway simply cannot afford to lose yet another club and tbh fixed race nights will 100% be scrapped next year anyway because clubs will not agree to it due to finances.

This is the final era of British Speedway and it would be a massive shame if it was to end with club's folding one after the other. 

2 options patched up opposition for 4 months or lose a club all together. Easy decision and that's patched up teams.

Message for everyone. With every club that folds it's one step closer to your club shutting down not because of finances. It's because you wont have anyone to race against. 

Apart from Glasgow teams will not step up from the Championship to replace the Premiership teams. 

This is a time when people need to stop being selfish and look at the bigger picture. It's time to put Rye House first now and not our own clubs. 

We're at a time where there is no shining light at the end of the tunnel. It's all about survival and taking it year by year until the final day and the final nail gets hammered in.

No point talking about 1 big league next year and all that because it's not going to happen for a number of reasons. Which I wont get into because this is a Rye House thread.

All I'm saying is go back to basics now and just see out the season.

Let Rye House have those Saturday's back and continue to run because it's better than losing the club as I said earlier. 

Then every promoter needs to do what's best for British Speedway as a whole in the off season. 

Bloody hell :t:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Due to your promoter pumping in a small fortune to keep it going.

• Like 1

One of the implications Rye will suffer from by reverting back to Saturday is they'll be without at least 2 members of their team to Championship clubs. 

Also, Premiership clubs will vote against as it will give Rye an advantage at home for the race to the Play-Offs and the bumper pay days that come with it.

From a fans point of view Rye should be allowed Saturday's, from another teams business point of view you would dig your heels in and say "no chance".

It is a rock and a hard place situation 

I think all prem clubs should be allowed to have whatever race day they want for the rest of the season but with the caveat that any clashes with CH clubs result in the CH clubs getting priority over riders, its not ideal but its a compromise to get everyone to the end of 2018, not just Rye but all Prem clubs that maybe suffering.

Next season will be a different story but that's a topic for 5 months time.

3 minutes ago, marko said:

I think all prem clubs should be allowed to have whatever race day they want for the rest of the season but with the caveat that any clashes with CH clubs result in the CH clubs getting priority over riders, its not ideal but its a compromise to get everyone to the end of 2018, not just Rye but all Prem clubs that maybe suffering.

Next season will be a different story but that's a topic for 5 months time.

Agree providing the visiting club has to agree to the fixture as they may have riders riding elsewhere. ie if a club wanted to race on a fri against Swindon where we have three riders ring at Lakeside that date Swindon can refuse the meeting date. 

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

As Belle Vue are the only team to win at Rye this season, we stand to lose more points than the others, every effort should be sort to keep Rye in the Prem for the remainder of this season,

Ah-haa...Rye House should carry on hemorrhaging money, just for Belle Vue's benefit? Maybe the rest of the league, or even the sport in general should subsidise Belle Vue's advantage?

• Like 2

It is a little strange that when they could ride on a Saturday last season it seemed they hardly ever did so much so that they ended up racing 4 home fixtures very close together just so they could squeeze them in by deadline. Just wondering how Saturday has become more practical/desirable this year compared to last season!