British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2018

20 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Whilst the powers that be can share some of the blame for the current state of things, perhaps the fan base being so fixed in their ways does not help. Many tracks dare not run anything other than a league or cup meetings simply because the fan base does not want to see individual meetings and running the club on the limited number of meetings is in itself no longer enough to make it viable given the pay demands and cost of machinery. I still don’t quite understand the lack of interest with individual meetings when some of the better racing on TV has been those featuring individual riders.

Perhaps if you had an individual championship that meant something to all participants and it could attract a sponsor or decent pot of winnings this might throw up one or two characters which the sport needs. You could have riders representing clubs and the gross points scored by those representative riders go towards awarding a team championship.

On the reverse it might just be that league racing as currently set up will not work in this country any longer. Perhaps it has had its day as a seven man team sport. Riders rarely ride as a team and as has been said on many threads most riders want to earn a living and really don’t care who they ride for as long as they are on the track being paid.

Clubs should be allowed an open licence and the new perhaps have the option of running league racing where strict rules apply to teams and rider availability and others run at NL level with individual meetings and challenge matches etc and if necessary put on a two wheeled evening with a reduced league racing format, short track and perhaps some other form of racing. It is difficult but one thing for sure i# that joe public have fallen right out of love with the current format, lack of meetings and racing on nights that don’t work for a variety of reasons for most of the punters.

i still think that it needs to put its own house in order and if that means going back to basics so be it but forget the other nations, start ploughing our own furrow.

I agree with you - individual meetings can provide some decent racing, but from a fans viewpoint one off individual meetings can give you that feeling of "Well done to Mr X for winning that - but so what?". At international level the Grand Prix system has proved popular (up to a point). If you support a Premiership or Championship team, would you like it if each club staged one round of a Premiership or Championship Rider Grand Prix series? Personally I would find that quite attractive. 

They've released the relevant information, the match has been postponed.

Everything else is gossip and while it may or may not be the whole or part of the truth there's no point fuelling gossip until you can provide definitive answers.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Vince said:

Everything else is gossip and while it may or may not be the whole or part of the truth there's no point fuelling gossip until you can provide definitive answers.

Well what else can people say if they cba to release a statement so unprofessional they are well aware its being talked about so why the delay in information 

1 hour ago, Vince said:

After initially stating that the meeting was cancelled, maybe someone had a word and told them to change the release.

2 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Vince, if only if we're just gossip. All will be revealed in due course. When situations are this serious you can't t just go blabbing prematurely. No, it's not a case of "I know something you don't", it's called being responsible and respecting confidences. The easy way out would in fact be to let you all speculate and whinge.  Some times you simply have to wait.

Wasn't that the point I was making? 

You have to wait until there is something factual to report. 

Not a clue what you think I said!

Whilst some may think least said soonest mended, generally the wall of silence just leads to more speculation. Then again possibly they have no idea what to say!!!

26 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Postponed? Their social media still says cancelled. 

And we know cancelled means the meeting will never take place.

Rye House and the BSPA must be fully aware of the speculation but are saying nothing, in their usual way.

Both club and the BSPA have no idea whatsoever of crisis management.

If they don't care – why should supporters?

Twitter says "cancelled" Rye website says "postponed" and posts on this forum I think have probably come up with every senario in the book.  The only thing for certain is Rye have a problem and whether talks which must be going on behind the scenes are to sort out legalities of folding or talks to try to save the club before any further announcements are made I feel some of the online speculation is doing nothing to help matters.  Yes we all want to know what has or is happening but we will just have to be patient there is no point in the Promoters or the BSPA saying anything until they have something concrete to say -  be it good news or  bad.  Rye's next meeting is supposed to be next Wednesday 4th July at Somerset so I think we should hear some further news by Tuesday.

This posted by Steve Jensen on Facebook

"A statement will be put out as soon as we ourselves know what is happening.
Wednesday’s crowd levels is a mayor concern, we are doing what we can to rectify and keep Rye House going."

So it sounds like they want Saturday's racing back 

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I would expect to see one change soon but can't see Nicholls or Bomber due to the fact the Rye won't release their riders in time for the cut off.

Another, think of winning at all costs

Don't matter if there's 3 in the league as long as Poole win it....

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1