British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2018

39 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

When I suggested Kus it was for No 7 not in the main body of the team. Can you name a better No 7 in the premiership?

No but i can name about 20 younger riders who would do about the same job.. he had a good meeting against Scunthorpe but got dropped from Redcar because hes been utter toilet  

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

No but i can name about 20 younger riders who would do about the same job.. he had a good meeting against Scunthorpe but got dropped from Redcar because hes been utter toilet  

You may be right I also believe there are a crop of youngsters coming on fast but I can only compare Kus against current No 7s

Etheridge

Andersen K

Sargeant

Shanes?

CLEGG

Jeppersen

Smith J

Greaves

You are also right it was Kus`s first decent night this season but he did beat Howarth, Garrity, Auty and Kurtz and he started with an average of 7.65 which he had because that what he was before the season.

2 hours ago, White City Rebel said:

So, the re-declared team is KK 7.78, Nicholls 7.75, Harris 6.92, Robson 5.80,  Summers 5.44, NBJ 5.00, Clegg 2.00 (total 40.69, 1.81 within the limit.)

Useful to have NBJ at reserve, but surely he will be missing the Wednesday meetings? 

They need to strengthen up and replace Clegg with the extra 1.81 available, only way they will get near the top 4 imo!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

They need to strengthen up and replace Clegg with the extra 1.81 available, only way they will get near the top 4 imo!

I can't imagine many would disagree. He's a great rider at NL level and may do a decent job for a Championship team, but I don't think struggling in the Premiership is helping his development at present.

Tripe side that. Pathetic from the promotion. Obviously didn't want to spend any money or show any ambition. Dire for the rest of the season.

Clegg still in the side is an insult as it's basically a 6 man side still.

Even replacing him eventually will be pointless as the rest of the side is so crap.

Edited by Chris

1 hour ago, Rayleigh said:

He is guesting at Swindon so it would seem an audition because the average fits to replace Max Nick Clegg.

We can only hope you are correct! Better still, that the deal has already been agreed. (I'm going to look a right mug tomorrow night when Clegg outscores Kus)

43 minutes ago, White City Rebel said:

We can only hope you are correct! Better still, that the deal has already been agreed. (I'm going to look a right mug tomorrow night when Clegg outscores Kus)

I presume Kus is riding at KL on Monday as well, but me too will look a mug if Nick outscores Kus over the two meetings, but I very much doubt it (after all its hard to get less than zero)

18 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Team looks awful after that re declaration.. full of riders on there way down or not good enough.. At least Poole wont finish bottom now 

Thanks for that splendid accolade!

Losing Kennett has probably seen off Rye’s season now especially at home.

Roll on next season when we hopefully will be back in the Championship.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GWC said:

Thanks for that splendid accolade!

Losing Kennett has probably seen off Rye’s season now especially at home.

Roll on next season when we hopefully will be back in the Championship.

Don't rule out this season we are only one point of the play offs.

But I understand your message, the real problem is the performances have been very underwhelming so far (we are lucky that a couple of home wins could easily have been losses then we really would have been in the smelly stuff this season) we do need to make inroads away from home, just wracking up home wins is not good enough. Forget Swindon which is damage limitation but it needs to start at KL on Monday.

• Like 1