British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2018

KK, Bomber and Scotty I would hope are bankers.

Ricky was a solid second string and deserves a spot.

Ellis Perks needs to be bought back at reserve and I'd have Jye Etheridge at reserve.

Leaving just one to fill once the limit is known.

Etheridge, seriously?

Would make the guess the team game for 2018 so much better if all knew the limit was going to be say 45 points rather than say 42/43.

Supposed we all have to await the BSPA meting in Nov even though the promoters probably already know what the draft limit proposal will be already.

I hope it is 45 points with a min of 2 Brits per team. Opens up more options for all teams who can go for more strength in depth thru the 1 to 7 without having to always have a 2/3 pointer to balance the 42 points.

I still believe with the Prem/Champ/National leagues we have the structure in place to bring along young riders. For me riders such as Parkinson Blackburn and Jack Smith need to graduate through the leagues. Not all can be like Dan Bewley. JPB and JS were ripping up the tracks in NL last year but both have to a degree struggled in Champ and JS have struggled even more in PL.

The Poles have a good system with each rider having to track 2 Polish riders 21 or under as Juniors per team (irrespective of how good/bad their av are). The Swedes with their min 2 Swedish riders per team. Again av do not come into it.

I think the min 2 Brit per team is good and up to Promoters to decide how many Brits they want per team over the 2 minimum.

Would make the guess the team game for 2018 so much better if all knew the limit was going to be say 45 points rather than say 42/43.

Supposed we all have to await the BSPA meting in Nov even though the promoters probably already know what the draft limit proposal will be already.

No we just wait for whatshisface buster bloodvestle to set the rules.

Edited by Starman2006

So KK back to his Poole form last night!! Guess he won't be part of the Rye 2018 team?! lol

He was like a junior in his first 2 rides,terrible to watch really.That's what you get with KK though.Sometimes he looks unbeatable then other times it's like it is his first time on a bike.

One meeting, shouldn't be signing riders off the back of that.

Still only averaged five in the second tier.

Mark Riss only achieved just over a 4 in 2016 and is much improved in 2017 and is doing well in the top flight too.

I'd go on his end of season form which indicates he is much improved.

He was like a junior in his first 2 rides,terrible to watch really.That's what you get with KK though.Sometimes he looks unbeatable then other times it's like it is his first time on a bike.

Ditto his career in the UK.

Mark Riss only achieved just over a 4 in 2016 and is much improved in 2017 and is doing well in the top flight too.

I'd go on his end of season form which indicates he is much improved.

Plenty of riders improve at the end of the season to ensure employment for the following year then revert to type. He's not the sort of rider we should be looking at if we want to win things. Edited by Ben91

Plenty of riders improve at the end of the season to ensure employment for the following year then refer to type. He's not the sort of rider we should be looking at if we want to win things.

Some do yea.

Some improve as the season moves on and is a good indicator to me of potential.

Plenty of riders improve at the end of the season to ensure employment for the following year then revert to type

Probably a few who's form dips towards the end of the season for the same reason

• Like 1