British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers V Sheffield Tigers Cl Sat 2nd Sept 2017 @7pm

millions of kids , who is counting those . the faccus with their millions of £$£$£$£$£$£$ ?

The agenda or jealousy among certain fans towards the owners of Glasgow speedway is getting very very old. Yes we have been very lucky to have great owners that developed our stadium and improve the match day experience. Yes we have probably been able to attract a better standard of rider due to the facilities etc. Why can't people just be happy that there are people wanting the sport to succeed? The vast majority of the money has been spent on the stadium, everyone will agree it was well needed and the result of that money is there for all to see. Would you prefer if Glasgow were on the brink of going under and probably be lost to the sport?

• Like 4

millions of kids , who is counting those . the faccus with their millions of £$£$£$£$£$£$ ?

It was a figure of speech even you can understand that or maybe not.

The agenda or jealousy among certain fans towards the owners of Glasgow speedway is getting very very old. Yes we have been very lucky to have great owners that developed our stadium and improve the match day experience. Yes we have probably been able to attract a better standard of rider due to the facilities etc. Why can't people just be happy that there are people wanting the sport to succeed? The vast majority of the money has been spent on the stadium, everyone will agree it was well needed and the result of that money is there for all to see. Would you prefer if Glasgow were on the brink of going under and probably be lost to the sport?

If the Jengas of this forum didn't have Glasgow and our owners to have sly digs at they would end up dribbling out one side of there mouth and rocking back and forward on there window side chair.

So we have saved them from self destruct they should be grateful.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Well said. I couldn't have put it better myself. The trouble is that, with the small-minded attitude exhibited by some other speedway supporters, many smaller clubs appear to be teetering on the financial brink and Glasgow may soon have fewer opponents to race against. Perhaps, rather than filling these pages with their bile, they'd be better spending their efforts on suggesting ways to improve the race day package and market the product at their local tracks, thereby increasing attendance numbers as at Glasgow.

Thank goodness for the Facennas. Pity there aren't many more like them.......yet.

• Like 2

It was a figure of speech even you can understand that or maybe not.

If the Jengas of this forum didn't have Glasgow and our owners to have sly digs at they would end up dribbling out one side of there mouth and rocking back and forward on there window side chair.

So we have saved them from self destruct they should be grateful.

Well said GazC. And for the benefit of Jenga, here's a link to Glasgow Tigers Speedway and Team Lanno photos one showing some of the kids at the speedway. https://www.facebook.com/glasgowtigersspeedway/photos/pcb.1879895502025628/1879892952025883/?type=3&theater why don't you try counting them that should give us peace for 4 days at least ;)

That's horrendous.

Bl**dy kids running riot everywhere.

It's meant to be a sport for oldtimers to watch in peace.

Pause and use your grey matter for a moment. Not only do all those kids currently pester their (paying) parents to take them to Ashfield each week but they're the future Tigers supporters once we oldtimers pass on.

• Like 1

Pause and use your grey matter for a moment. Not only do all those kids currently pester their (paying) parents to take them to Ashfield each week but they're the future Tigers supporters once we oldtimers pass on.

Sorry , but woosh , our friend " The Scotsman " and his sense of humour has went over your head .

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 5

That's horrendous.

Bl**dy kids running riot everywhere.

It's meant to be a sport for oldtimers to watch in peace.

Whatever next? Grown men ringing bells and blowing horns?

😆😆😜

• Like 2

Sorry , but woosh , our friend " The Scotsman " and his sense of humour has went over your head .

Yep - like a kipper!!

And just noticed he got a like too - so that's 2 kippers!!

Yay! :cheers::cheers:

Whatever next? Grown men ringing bells and blowing horns?

Bring back the knitters I say.

Edited by TheScotsman
  • Like 1

Yep - like a kipper!!

And just noticed he got a like too - so that's 2 kippers!!

Yay! :cheers::cheers:

Bring back the knitters I say.

With the way the weathers turning the produce from the knitters could come in handy. 👍

Just goes to show we need eveyone whether a little kid, big kid, bell ringer, knitter or grumpy old barsteward.The more the merrier.

• Like 1

Well said GazC. And for the benefit of Jenga, here's a link to Glasgow Tigers Speedway and Team Lanno photos one showing some of the kids at the speedway. https://www.facebook.com/glasgowtigersspeedway/photos/pcb.1879895502025628/1879892952025883/?type=3&theater why don't you try counting them that should give us peace for 4 days at least ;)

it seems to be working and jenga is still counting :wink:

wow , the tufty club are out in force .

its not the fact that glasgow have been saved( is that the correct wording ) , its the fact that some glasgow fans are gloating at the fact that they see the

faccu,s as a golden ticket to success and stability for the club .

we all know that speedway is a money pit and its good money after bad.

i can see where the faccu,s are cominfg from and they are trying to move the sport on in a way never seen before and probably never will see again .

cheesed off at glasgow finding the bottomless money pit , probably . but thats the price of having a reasonable promotion up there .

poole were the team that everyone wanted ,wished would flop and now it has turned to glasgow for some reason .

falling out amongst team members and so forth .

so do i wish glasgow success , yes of course i do . but just remember . you are there to be shot down like all successful teams .

it is after all a forum where fans throw insults at each other and come out happy at the end of if it , isnt it ?

almost forget , can workington make it two home defeats on the trot on thursday . not a bad time to catch the tigers at the moment .

MON THE COMETS lol .

Edited by jenga

wow , the tufty club are out in force .

its not the fact that glasgow have been saved( is that the correct wording ) , its the fact that some glasgow fans are gloating at the fact that they see the

faccu,s as a golden ticket to success and stability for the club .

we all know that speedway is a money pit and its good money after bad.

i can see where the faccu,s are cominfg from and they are trying to move the sport on in a way never seen before and probably never will see again .

cheesed off at glasgow finding the bottomless money pit , probably . but thats the price of having a reasonable promotion up there .

poole were the team that everyone wanted ,wished would flop and now it has turned to glasgow for some reason .

falling out amongst team members and so forth .

so do i wish glasgow success , yes of course i do . but just remember . you are there to be shot down like all successful teams .

it is after all a forum where fans throw insults at each other and come out happy at the end of if it , isnt it ?

almost forget , can workington make it two home defeats on the trot on thursday . not a bad time to catch the tigers at the moment .

MON THE COMETS lol .

What a sad, sad person. Show me one post where Glasgow fans are gloating. As GazC has said and others on numerous occasions the Facennas have made it clear they want this to be self financing there is no bottomless pit. Thats why they didn't accept the offer of being promoted at last years conference. They are also getting on in years and who knows how long they will stay in charge at Allied. They may even do a Rick Frost, no one knows. BUT what we will have is a decent facility that could be rented out to anyone else who wants to keep speedway alive.

• Like 1

and theres me thinking i had posted a decent post !

That you gloating i wouldnt have bothered.

To be honest i was going to reply to your post but SharpenRake has covered what in essence is fantasy on your part but if you say it often enough you start to believe your own bull.

It used to be Somerset that bore the brunt of your jealousy (bore being the relevant word there,)and now you fluctuate between us and Peterborough.

To be fair i find your jealousy hysterical at times as it is clear you crave attention and you post these posts to get the attention you crave.

You should try posting about your own team you never know that novel idea might just work for you.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

i do post about my team , try looking on the unofficial comets site .

somerset and peterborough were the ones for 2016 . i dont mind you giving me shot , i can take it .

last week i enjoyed the sheffield result , did you ?

maybe you may get revenge on ThURsDay .

i do post about my team , try looking on the unofficial comets site .

somerset and peterborough were the ones for 2016 . i dont mind you giving me shot , i can take it .

last week i enjoyed the sheffield result , did you ?

maybe you may get revenge on ThURsDay .

Revenge on Thursday ? You support Sheffield now and if you take the time to look at the match thread you will find every single Glasgow fan congratulating Sheffield to a man & wonen.

Edited by Gazc