British Speedway Forum

Rye House Vs Poole 28/8/17 7.30pm.

Riders like KK you mean... :D

Even KK can ride wolves when he wants too.

Anybody who thinks Wolves is a decent track doesn't understand the concept of Speedway!

And anyone who think tracks aren't about throttle control doesn't understand the concept of speedway either.

• Like 1

foreverblue, on 30 Aug 2017 - 2:06 PM, said:

Personally my favourite is Poole but I am a little biased! Kings Lynn used to regarded as the best but not anymore, my favourite away tracks are Belle Vue, Peterborough and Somerset but I would say Wolves is a excellent small track and racing is usually good.

Seeing Emil flying around Peterborough was a sight to behold .. Always like going there .

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

Not a fan of the Wolves track so far as watching speedway goes, but one thing that you cant deny is that its always consistently well prepared and there are never any surprises....

Peterborough wins my vote for the best race track in the country!

I like the NSS, but you need the right set up to get anywhere!

Wrong. Riders have often sung the praises of a well prepared track like Monmore.

Riders that don't like it are in the minority.

You said 'riders would prefer to ride at wolves...' You may not of said all but you didn't some or most either, so i took it as all.

I've quoted my original post above Lisa. It's quite clear I didn't say all at all.

Wolves fans getting precious about their horror track again, lol!

Interested to read two track reports from Belle Vue meetings on Monday. Poole poor, monmore well prepared. No injuries at Poole two injuries at wolves.

And no crashes and injuries on the world's best tracks in Poland???

No injuries at Poole??? Are you actually serious? ?.

Ask Kyle about his season starting injury.

More tracks to add to your fabled 'horror' list.

I've quoted my original post above Lisa. It's quite clear I didn't say all at all.

And no crashes and injuries on the world's best tracks in Poland???

No injuries at Poole??? Are you actually serious? ?.

Ask Kyle about his season starting injury.

More tracks to add to your fabled 'horror' list.

That's not the post i replied to though Steve....

Riders would prefer to ride at Wolves rather than the 'horror' track of Poole.

This is the post i replied to!!

Wolves fans getting precious about their horror track again, lol!

Interested to read two track reports from Belle Vue meetings on Monday. Poole poor, monmore well prepared. No injuries at Poole two injuries at wolves.

I'm no Wolves fan, so don't class me as one of them ;) The 'racing' at Torun I've seen recently, including the GP, was dull, in my view.

Edited by SPEEDY69

That's not the post i replied to though Steve....

This is the post i replied to!!

Brum and Lisa having a lover tiff.

I refer to track reports from the meetings involving Belle Vue on Monday and you bring up Poland? Of course I'm serious, there were two injuries at the well prepared horror track on Monday and none at Poole.

Desperate to deflect criticism of the horror track.

Worth noting that the track was prepared deeper on Monday to cope with 30 heats, with the lodgers riding straight after

I refer to track reports from the meetings involving Belle Vue on Monday and you bring up Poland? Of course I'm serious, there were two injuries at the well prepared horror track on Monday and none at Poole.

There were crashes at Rye House Monday which could have resulted in injuries, does that make it a horror track?

• Like 1

You made the comment that 2 riders (through there own fault if you were there you'd know) were injured and because none were reported at Poole as a reason to call one track a 'horror' track.

It's good you conveniently forgot the injury suffered by Newman at Poole and the dreadful condition to the track early on to deflect also.

Your explanation and logic seems fairly clear to me. Any track that has suffered an injury on should be described as a horror track. Even if that injury was suffered through rider error.

Polish tracks have suffered the worst accidents imaginable in recent years. So of course they can be be used an an example.

Wouldn't want to sound like a hypocrite now would you?

There were crashes at Rye House Monday which could have resulted in injuries, does that make it a horror track?

Who knows with the Flange logic!

Missing the point or just trolling?

A well prepared track causing injuries is a horror track, there were two injuries on Monday. What was the track like at Poole when Newman got injured, was it well prepared like the horror track always is?

Any track can become dangerous if it is badly prepared, look at kings Lynn, a former world champion refused to ride on it recently because he thought it was dangerous!

Monmore is a riders nightmare, well prepared but it still catches plenty of riders out. It isn't an accident waiting to happen because they have already happened. Ironically I warned everyone of the dangers in the wolves v Swindon thread and there were several posts ridiculing the possibility lindgren might fall off as he had in my example. The track caught him out that badly the poor lad lost his lead in the gp.

Wake up and smell the coffee!

Unbelievable! I've just noticed you have actually liked a post because it has crashes at another track!

What is wrong with you? Why would anyone like a post about crashes at speedway?

I was pointing out crashes happen everywhere, just because riders escaped without injury doesn't make them any better or worse than any other track and it is not usually the track at fault, it is usually rider error, sometimes bad luck, wrong place wrong time, sometimes riders are lucky, some are not.

• Like 1

Strangely and very unusually at any track, there was a 2nd 5-0 at Rye House on Tuesday after the one v Poole the night before!! No Aussie riders involved this time!!

Incidentally Jack Holder's been struggling with a flu-type virus!!

Edited by Skidder1