British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Isn't allowing 11-16 years olds for free instead of paying £5 a positive.Trying to encourage the youngsters.They might be the fans of the future (if speedway has one)..I don't know how many teams do this,but I suspect there's not many.

NKI is a big one.How many teams have a bigger rider than him in 2018.Only the Rebels.I don't think there's a team that would have Nicki P on a 9 point ave after his bad injury ant at around 38.Big gamble imho.

I'm not in favour of people being positive when it costs me money:P Call me selfish but I'm honest:D

As I said NKI doesn't excite me, I acknowledge he's good but sorry he's no Nicki P, Gollob or even Jason Doyle. I've never cared whether Lynn won or lost I just want to be entertained and the present set up doesn't give me that.

11 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm allowed an opinion regardless of whether you see it as moaning or not.

As of now to your great delight I'm sure, I'm no longer attending. There's no justification in increasing adult admission prices in an even further watered down league.

As they say in Dragons Den - I'm Out

Just hope that now you are no longer attending that will also mean an end to your constant moaning and negativity, genuine KL supporters are really fed up with reading the same tedious comments from the likes of you and a few other regulars who will hopefully take your lead and not return either, perhaps you could go to Peterborough with Star Lady.......they deserve you both !

Good Luck to the Stars in 2018 !

• Like 3

I think the kids free idea is a great one but unfortunately the trade off is to stick an extra quid on an adult price, it's going to split opinion of course and you can't please all of the people all of the time. You just hope it will lead to more under 16's going which is the whole point. Even if it leads to a few people not going who probably weren't going to anyway.....

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Just hope that now you are no longer attending that will also mean an end to your constant moaning and negativity, genuine KL supporters are really fed up with reading the same tedious comments from the likes of you and a few other regulars who will hopefully take your lead and not return either, perhaps you could go to Peterborough with Star Lady.......they deserve you both !

Good post!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the kids free idea is a great one but unfortunately the trade off is to stick an extra quid on an adult price, it's going to split opinion of course and you can't please all of the people all of the time. You just hope it will lead to more under 16's going which is the whole point. Even if it leads to a few people not going who probably weren't going to anyway.....

I think a genuine supporter won't mind a pound,if it ends up with some interest from the young ones that might not of seen the racing otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

Typical speedway, better of with less people to support it :lol:

Have fun

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think a genuine supporter won't mind a pound,if it ends up with some interest from the young ones that might not of seen the racing otherwise.

The problem is, the adult is the one that has to take the junior to the meeting.

If said adult thinks £18 is to much, he and the child misses out. That's the most likely outcome to newbies that they're trying to attract, punishing the regulars that's always been there.

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

The problem is, the adult is the one that has to take the junior to the meeting.

If said adult thinks £18 is to much, he and the child misses out. That's the most likely outcome to newbies that they're trying to attract, punishing the regulars that's always been there.

not if said adult would normally bring a couple of kids

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

So the adult saves £4 if he takes a junior.A junior that might never go,might get the chance now.I can see an adult with no kid pays a pound more.

Better than keeping last seasons £17 and charging 11-16 year olds £5,for the future of the sport is it not.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

So the adult saves £4 if he takes a junior.A junior that might never go,might get the chance now.I can see an adult with no kid pays a pound more.

Better than keeping last seasons £17 and charging 11-16 year olds £5,for the good of the sport is it not.

It seems you're not understanding. 

The club are trying to attract a new fan. If it's just the usual adult who always goes just this time with 2 kids instead of 0 the club makes a loss.

They're chasing new adults to bring kids in for the future.

This initiative is doomed to fail, I have no doubt 

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Erm it would be cheaper than it was last year if they are 11 plus! You can tell youre not a parent, you wouldn' stop going speedway or any other sport with your child if the cost went up £1 once every few years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Do you really think your constant criticism is “supporting” speedway ? If so your are sadly deluded.

Thank-you

Doesn't matter how big a fan someone is, there's always a point that breaks that passion.

Last season did that for me and I have every right to complain if I don't believe things have improved. 

In my opinion, there doesn't look to be any improvement for 2018 so I'm complaining about it

Thank-You

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

Erm it would be cheaper than it was last year if they are 11 plus! You can tell youre not a parent, you wouldn' stop going speedway or any other sport with your child if the cost went up £1 once every few years. 

Another one that doesn't get it, and yes I am a parent thanks :t:

32 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I'm not in favour of people being positive when it costs me money:P Call me selfish but I'm honest:D

As I said NKI doesn't excite me, I acknowledge he's good but sorry he's no Nicki P, Gollob or even Jason Doyle. I've never cared whether Lynn won or lost I just want to be entertained and the present set up doesn't give me that.

When was the last time you came regularly?

• Like 1