British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

Ok just for fun lets say NKI returns and the points limit is 42.00. Go back to basics with a few returning from this years team.

1. Iversen

2. Kerr

3. Jorgensen

4. Rose

5. R. Lambert

6. Auty

7. T H Jonasson

THJ could be the joker in the pack as depends which TJH you get.

I would be concerned which way his career is going. On the face of it a great reserve at his new 4.64 GSA for next season, but based on his returns in last month or two ??. His scores have been dire at times but is that because he was riding for a team with no prospects of playoffs and perhaps riding for an attractive av for 2018 ??

The guy is almost 29 and we saw a lot more from him as a rider when he was 25 riding for Poole in 2013 which was his last year prior to his July 17 signing for KL. He was fast and a good rider. For me he has gone backwards. He only had 7 meetings in Polish 2nd Tier so not even Pol EXL and didn't do too well. His Swedish scores have not been great either.

The real THJ who was also making appearances in SGP several seasons ago would be a no brainer signing at 4.64, but the THJ of today seems to me to be a shadow of the rider he was. Crazy thought considering the guy is not 29 yet and should be at the peak of his career.

May be worth a gamble though as if he does adapt to UK tracks and rediscovers some form it could be a good signing. Also not the be all and end all, as we have seen this season riders being dumped if they didn't measure up. Its not as if you are tied to them all season if they don't perform.

If KL do stay in Prem (and I hope they do), then I really hope they can get it right for 2018 after the disaster of this. NKI would play a BIG part in that I think although to be honest he is not quite as good as he has been in the past. Could he be going down the Hans Andersen route of slow regression. He is 35 after all and will be 3 months short of 36 when season starts. If rumours out of Poland are that he may be emptied by Stahl Gorzow (who would have thought that after the last few seasons). He may well lose his SGP place as well.

Perhaps the time is approaching for NKI to come back to UK (where believe he lives with his partner anyway) and rebuild some confidence.

I for one would love to see him back in UK as even though I am not a KL supporter he is true quality and even a not top of his game NKI is still a better rider than most in UK.

Ok just for fun lets say NKI returns and the points limit is 42.00. Go back to basics with a few returning from this years team.

1. Iversen

2. Kerr

3. Jorgensen

4. Rose

5. R. Lambert

6. Auty

7. T H Jonasson

Virtually the team I had in mind ............... my pick included MPT instead of Kerr ............... either would make it a fairly solid team esp if THJ gets back to best!

Virtually the team I had in mind ............... my pick included MPT instead of Kerr ............... either would make it a fairly solid team esp if THJ gets back to best!

I know it's for fun at this stage.Without out knowing the av's.But I would rather MPT than Kerr if the averages fitted(not looked)

MPT and Lewi Kerr? Not Jonasson ...

Not sure what to make of THJ.Has looked poor.Might be a bargain on a 4.64.Who knows.Its all about who fits at the end of the day i guess.Have nothing against Kerr on a 5.06 either.Just think THJ might have more of a chance of upping that poor ave.

Edited by Bald Bloke

MPT and Lewi Kerr? Not Jonasson ...

Wold not disagree.

I am not convinced THJ is the rider he was. Have not seen evidence in his scores in Pol 2nd Div or Sweden to convince me he is the rider he once was. Would KL want to take another chance flwg this years problems??

If I was Chapman I would go for proven riders in Prem and whilst Kerr and MPT can be up and down (as are most riders) I think they would be more consistent and without the expense of having to fly in a rider who may be going backwards. He can always change it if riders don't perform.

I agree with you Trees. Kerr on his 5.06 and MPT at his 5.20 swapping the reserve berths with Auty & Rose. I would be maybe a little worried about a long tail in the team but much depends on who their top 3 are ultimately and if its 42 or 45 points.

Plenty to ponder on for sure.

One for the brain cells though. Who would you prefer to have - Rose at 5.25 - Auty at 4.65 or the possible Joker in the pack TJH at reserve on his new 4.64. When viewed in that respect a TJH rediscovering any kind of form could be a decent rider in the reserve berth. If you want to keep cost down you wouldn't have TJH but he could be a decent choice with possibility of 5 plus rides per meeting if he does sort himself and his equipment.

Wold not disagree.

I am not convinced THJ is the rider he was. Have not seen evidence in his scores in Pol 2nd Div or Sweden to convince me he is the rider he once was. Would KL want to take another chance flwg this years problems??

If I was Chapman I would go for proven riders in Prem and whilst Kerr and MPT can be up and down (as are most riders) I think they would be more consistent and without the expense of having to fly in a rider who may be going backwards. He can always change it if riders don't perform.

I agree with you Trees. Kerr on his 5.06 and MPT at his 5.20 swapping the reserve berths with Auty & Rose. I would be maybe a little worried about a long tail in the team but much depends on who their top 3 are ultimately and if its 42 or 45 points.

Plenty to ponder on for sure.

One for the brain cells though. Who would you prefer to have - Rose at 5.25 - Auty at 4.65 or the possible Joker in the pack TJH at reserve on his new 4.64. When viewed in that respect a TJH rediscovering any kind of form could be a decent rider in the reserve berth. If you want to keep cost down you wouldn't have TJH but he could be a decent choice with possibility of 5 plus rides per meeting if he does sort himself and his equipment.

No doubt THJ will cost the most of the 3 you mention.I don't know if he is using his own engines,but he's not been on fire anywhere,so I have read.Bit of a gamble over the others because of the cost involved I guess.I think i'd have Rose on 5.25 over Josh 4.65,just.But MPT over both on 5.20.All depends on the points limit.The silly season starts soon ;)

depends which Kai turns up. If it's last night's then Josh please .

Trees don't usually answer these kind of questions.Come on Trees.Give your opinion

It's easy calling the questions.Trees,Mrs KL..Whats your thoughts

Edited by Bald Bloke

Thought it was mentioned last night Kai was feeling unwell, hence only 3 rides. We've seen him improve this year, but seems to have struggled since moving out of reserve. If he continues to improve and get more consistency he'd be worth a punt next year.

We certainly seem to have lots of options, but as ever its a case of a decent no.1 then get the calculator out for the rest of the team

Trees don't usually answer these kind of questions.Come on Trees.Give your opinion

It's easy calling the questions.Trees,Mrs KL..Whats your thoughts

Hard one, I certainly haven't been disappointed with Josh at all but perhaps Kai could prove the better bet, he's had some great meetings as well as poor meetings this season, won Rider of the Night on many occasions.

Hard one, I certainly haven't been disappointed with Josh at all but perhaps Kai could prove the better bet, he's had some great meetings as well as poor meetings this season, won Rider of the Night on many occasions.

Agree,it's a tough one.Did'nt think you would reply.

Of course I'm a huuuuge NKI fan and would welcome him back at the blink of an eye, a little concerned about the supposed unrest between him and Robert, hoping IF they both come back they can overcome that, whatever it may have been!

MPT and TJ have a great working relationship, they are good mates like Robert and Kai, all good for team bonding 😊

Agree,it's a tough one.Did'nt think you would reply.

LOL, I do have opinions, not always clear cut or black n white.....unless it's NP, KB or RF grrr Edited by Trees

Of course I'm a huuuuge NKI fan and would welcome him back at the blink of an eye, a little concerned about the supposed unrest between him and Robert, hoping IF they both come back they can overcome that, whatever it may have been!

MPT and TJ have a great working relationship, they are good mates like Robert and Kai, all good for team bonding

LOL, I do have opinions, not always clear cut or black n white.....unless it's NP, KB or RF grrr

Nick ...No

Iversen,Lambert,Jorgensen,Wozniak,Palm Toft Auty,Rose.

Do like that Sidney, but doubts whether points limit will allow it. :t:

• Like 1