British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

No way should Lynn be allowed that team. If Buster was instrumental in the one eight point rider, denying two to at least three clubs, he should be made to sign Bjerre, Lindgren or another, rather than fob off the fans and the rest of the league with budget also-rans.

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

No way should Lynn be allowed that team. If Buster was instrumental in the one eight point rider, denying two to at least three clubs, he should be made to sign Bjerre, Lindgren or another, rather than fob off the fans and the rest of the league with budget also-rans.

Woah there Nelly! Was just my opinion. 

Chances are Iversen will line up anyway.

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He shouldn't be allowed to sign Iversen. He should have to sign Bjerre or Lindgren as he forced them out of their clubs. Why have the rule otherwise?

That's another argument entirely.

Perhaps rider control should have been adopted to allocate these rides? Personally I wouldn't have the right point rule, and would ensure all riders who have missed at least a season are assessed accordingly and correctly.

Are we sure the right point rule 'forced out' Freddie? Thought it was down to cost also.

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not if the 3 clubs only Polish stays he won’t - id have thought at this stage of the closed season the rules would be set - from what I hear Iversen dropping Denmark is our best bet 

8 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

You wouldn't know know where to start............ dipstick!

Nevertheless, I'll give you a clue.................. turn your head around 180⁰ so that you are looking forward ................rather than continually gazing into the past!

Ahhhh ............. them were the days!!!!!!!! 

What a rude person you are.    I'm sorry if my opinion differs to yours, but that is no reason to start calling people names....     That says far more about you than it does me.      For fifty odd years  i have witnessed these assembled teams, so I feel I am qualified to voice an opinion.      Realistic to the end,  i always try to be positive, but in this instance you would have to your head buried not to see what's been put in front of you.      Of all the teams and names announced so far,   ours  must rank amongst the worse.    Take Niels out, and we wouldn't be good enough to win the 2nd division.       Disappointed,  you bet....

At least, in them good ole days we  were in with a shout,.        

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Grachan said:

He shouldn't be allowed to sign Iversen. He should have to sign Bjerre or Lindgren as he forced them out of their clubs. Why have the rule otherwise?

Buster didn't force them out, it was voted in!

Edited by Woz01
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

Buster didn't force them out, it was voted in!

He still should not be allowed to sign an 8 point rider from outside the league, regardless of whose daft idea it was.

Nicki Pedersen available to ride in Britain as he is only signed up in Denmark, Poland and the GPs and while he doesn't live here anymore, it's the same for some others who fly in, ride then move on to the next meeting.

Has certainly got himself fit again and wants to prove he is still at the top of his game and possibly the best signing Kings Lynn could make to attract visiting or new fans with the right marketing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

Nicki Pedersen available to ride in Britain as he is only signed up in Denmark, Poland and the GPs and while he doesn't live here anymore, it's the same for some others who fly in, ride then move on to the next meeting.

Has certainly got himself fit again and wants to prove he is still at the top of his game and possibly the best signing Kings Lynn could make to attract visiting or new fans with the right marketing. 

Nicki Pedersen has signed in Sweden so he isn’t available. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevehone said:

in the "good old days" teams had 3 heatleaders averaging 10, 9, 8, a couple of 6 point second strings, and reserves - there's no way on this earth things should be compared to now

They mainly had four races then though and bonus points were on averages pkus the number ones only ever met in heat one

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stevehone said:

in the "good old days" teams had 3 heatleaders averaging 10, 9, 8, a couple of 6 point second strings, and reserves - there's no way on this earth things should be compared to now

Irrelevant.

That has nothing to do with the ability of the riders. It's to do with size of the league, heat formats and bonus pts.

Case in point, the top division in Poland, the strongest league there has ever been, it wouldn't come close to your criteria.

13 minutes ago, stevehone said:

Some teams still do - just not King's Lynn because they struggled. That would be a team at the top of the table and including bonus points.

In the "good old days" Swindon had Phil Crump at number one on a 10 point average, and Malcolm Holloway second on about 5.5, while Cradley's lowest rider, at the top of the league, was on about 6.

Swindon's averages last year, when they were at the top of the league, and including bonus points were:

Doyle 10.26

Morris 9.42

Musielak 8.32

Bellego 7.90

Ellis 6.27

Wilson-Dean 5.05

Wajknecht 4.86

The heat format in the "good old days" also led to higher heatleader averages as there was no heat 15.

Edited by Grachan

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

Can't speak for Bjerre but highly likely Lindgren wouldn't be interested in riding for another team in the UK.

Neither was Jason Doyle before he got dumped.