British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

Piotr pawlicki could be an option maybe. Seemed he was open to the idea of riding in the uk. Freddie lindgren. Aj. zagar. The 1 over 8 rule has meant there are riders still out there. Could go for stronger riders than the Dane people are talking about and manzarez. It's not ideal but maybe for example

lambert, toft, jorgensen, worrall, gomolski, Kerr, rose 

not ideal though

I think it's too late for that now.  No doubt it was a consideration, one that had to have serious thought.     Probably at the fans forum, Buster will enlighten the fan, all the reasons why we stayed in the top division,      probably it was became a condition of having  Brundle on board,    probably he had this assurance that Niels will be back, who knows.       

When looking back over the years,  the majority of matches that are remembered are always those with close neighbours.     Local derbies  were the highlights of the year and created so much passion and excitement.    Most of these derbies were packed out with many fans travelling away to the nearby venues....    When we done home and away on the same day, the roads resembled a massive convoy.   Horns blowing, flag waving, banner in the back windows,     sure was wonderful times and  great memories.         

I've got nothing against teams like    Poole, Swindon, Somerset, Wolves,  or BelleVue,   I've visited them all many times,   but these distances represent a step too far to travel for the working man, for those midweek fixtures.  so any thoughts of getting many away visitors is mostly pie in the sky .  It wont happen.    

In these troubles times,  we need to run a viable structure that could work in making the club more appealing.      I am in no doubt,  Stars matches  against the Panthers or the Witches , would draw a bigger crowd then ones against  say Poole or  Wolves,     Likewise ,  I cannot see the Stars being much of a draw down South.    So had the ideal of local rivalry been uppermost  when thinking of the season ahead,    probably,  everybody could have more of them local derbies....    

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

I think it's too late for that now.  No doubt it was a consideration, one that had to have serious thought.     Probably at the fans forum, Buster will enlighten the fan, all the reasons why we stayed in the top division,      probably it was became a condition of having  Brundle on board,    probably he had this assurance that Niels will be back, who knows.       

When looking back over the years,  the majority of matches that are remembered are always those with close neighbours.     Local derbies  were the highlights of the year and created so much passion and excitement.    Most of these derbies were packed out with many fans travelling away to the nearby venues....    When we done home and away on the same day, the roads resembled a massive convoy.   Horns blowing, flag waving, banner in the back windows,     sure was wonderful times and  great memories.         

I've got nothing against teams like    Poole, Swindon, Somerset, Wolves,  or BelleVue,   I've visited them all many times,   but these distances represent a step too far to travel for the working man, for those midweek fixtures.  so any thoughts of getting many away visitors is mostly pie in the sky .  It wont happen.    

In these troubles times,  we need to run a viable structure that could work in making the club more appealing.      I am in no doubt,  Stars matches  against the Panthers or the Witches , would draw a bigger crowd then ones against  say Poole or  Wolves,     Likewise ,  I cannot see the Stars being much of a draw down South.    So had the ideal of local rivalry been uppermost  when thinking of the season ahead,    probably,  everybody could have more of them local derbies....    

The biggest crowd during my tenure was vs Coventry in the elite league when Emil Syvutidnov made his debut. Don't think anything would have come close to beating that since.

The second biggest was against Poole in the elite league on a good Friday when the turbo twins were spearheading them.

In the league below (premier when we was in it) the crowds against Ipswich and Sheffield were always good, and rest of the matches were pretty consistent week in week out. However they did grow considerably in the semi finals and finals of competitions no matter who we were against.

Edited by jchapman

34 minutes ago, jchapman said:

The biggest crowd during my tenure was vs Coventry in the elite league when Emil Syvutidnov made his debut. Don't think anything would have come close to beating that since.

The second biggest was against Poole in the elite league on a good Friday when the turbo twins were spearheading them.

In the league below (premier when we was in it) the crowds against Ipswich and Sheffield were always good, and rest of the matches were pretty consistent week in week out. However they did grow considerably in the semi finals and finals of competitions no matter who we were against.

We never rode against Ipswich in the old Premier League.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jchapman said:

I was at both of them matches, and yes there were good turnouts,    But they didn't come close to them derby matches when John Berry came to town.    You struggled to find standing room in those days.    home or away.....

Two things;

1. Why has been released now when the club's Twitter feed said only five hours ago that it would be Friday?

2. Proctor is an awful signing, his best days are way behind him and he is unlikely to improve. Might as well have had Palm Toft back! One can only assume that Erik Riss wanted to much money if he was ever under consideration.

Bit of a shambles really. Fans forum a waste of time for many as we know the last two are Iversen and Andersen. Looks a pretty ordinary team which will get some humpings on the road.

Edited by Bagpuss

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Two things;

1. Why has been released now when the club's Twitter feed said only five hours ago that it would be Friday?

2. Proctor is an awful signing, his best days are way behind him and he is unlikely to improve. Might as well have had Palm Toft back! One can only assume that Erik Riss wanted to much money if he was ever under consideration.

Bit of a shambles really. Fans forum a waste of time for many as we know the last two are Iversen and Andersen. Looks a pretty ordinary team which will get some humpings on the road.

Announcements always used to be subject to press embargoes. In the days of KREST I was often told things a couple of days in advance but never divulged stuff to anyone.

l can only assume Robin Brundle hasn't used embargoes or the journalists nowadays don't honour them. Hopefully Brundle willlearn quickly who he can trust if he is serious about a new relationship with the fans.