British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

That’s not how it comes across to me. It’s just his perspective as a rider and that’s fair enough. We all know the asset system is rubbish and holds riders to ransom.

3 hours ago, mrss said:

What is a matter with people? R Lambert is the best young prospect team GB have got  so get off his back. Lewis Kerr was appealing for funds for bikes but no one jumped on his back. I am pleased Rob will be a Star again. 

3 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I agree. Yes, he's complained a bit but its hardly new and probably represents what most riders think. Its hardly damning stuff.

Exactly these. Lots if predictable OTT stuff on here but I quite like the honesty of the article. He's not saying he's not happy at Lynn, just that he thinks some time away will benefit his career and its hard to disagree. He is also bang on about the asset system. And the sponsorship bits are quite common this time of year, pretty much every rider is looking for backing.

Glad he is back with the Stars, and he may well feel differently this time next year. If not he will go elsewhere with my best wishes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Exactly these. Lots if predictable OTT stuff on here but I quite like the honesty of the article. He's not saying he's not happy at Lynn, just that he thinks some time away will benefit his career and its hard to disagree. He is also bang on about the asset system. And the sponsorship bits are quite common this time of year, pretty much every rider is looking for backing.

Glad he is back with the Stars, and he may well feel differently this time next year. If not he will go elsewhere with my best wishes.

Just highlights though state of the sport in this Country, when the biggest Young individual talent we have in UK cannot (at this stage) secure sufficient sponsorship to finance new equip for him for 2018.

Its a different World when the likes of Leon Madsen (you remember that 5/6 point rider from years ago) has just announced a tie up with Mercedes Czestochowa.

We really are on different planets in the sport. Then you look at the problems at the old Coventry track and the video released today flwg the fire with the gypos having set fire to the place. You think Jeez - just bulldoze the place and build on it. Leave us all with the memories of happier days in the sport. Not the shell and bombsite it is now.

You think where is it all heading for UK Speedway ???? - Maybe we are heading for a one league system ultimately and will be a breeding ground for riders making their way in the sport and journeymen.

Im a bit disappointed he hasn't towed the company line. At the end of the season he was pretty open about wanting to move on. He could have handed in a request then. Mind you 12 months is along time and should he have a good season he may choose to stay on if all these other things work out. The article is slap in the face in terms of the media plan for the promotion too. If the ink isn't dry we should maybe reconsider.

thinking who else is about though, kk? Zengotta? Sundstrom? When you think of it like this. The 1 over 8 rule isactually a hindrance when you think of the guys who could have been available, in a parallel universe 1 from Swindon, 1 from Poole if the magic rumours were true. Possibly 3 from wolves if pp woffy Freddie and Jacob were all in uk speedway. 

The riders available could have been holder, batch, Schlien, bjerre, . . . Funny really. Bjarne Pedersen name your price (I gist) 

• Thanks 1

Forgive me for my feelings towards Lambert, but to harp on about sponsors and equipment shows a lack of professionalism .     When the season ends  all top riders make the sponsorship business their first concern.  They all want to be assured the deals are in place to cover most of the expected expenses.     If someone like Lambert, who is regarded  as the best English hope,  is  struggling for support, something is drastically amiss.  

However,   probably it was my up-bringing , but airing ones washing in public is not the behaviour, you expect from a member of the exclusive top earners in the sport, and I feel  this information should be kept private.     Pleading poverty doesn't do the sport or anybody any good..       

Edited by g13webb
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Forgive me for my feelings towards Lambert, but to harp on about sponsors and equipment shows a lack of professionalism .     When the season ends  all top riders make the sponsorship business their first concern.  They all want to be assured the deals are in place to cover most of the expected expenses.     If someone like Lambert, who is regarded  as the best English hope,  is  struggling for support, something is drastically amiss.  

However,   probably it was my up-bringing , but airing ones washing in public is not the behaviour, you expect from a member of the exclusive top earners in the sport, and I feel  this information should be kept private.     Pleading poverty doesn't do the sport or anybody any good..       

The sponsorship thing isn’t what gets me it’s the fact he wanted away from the club but was blocked- last season we had a rider that obviously didn’t want to be at the club and it all ended in tears - my worry is we are going down the exact same route . 

15 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Of course he did also make it public that he may not even stay in UK in 2018.

Doesn't he now live in Germany with his Girlfriend. Maybe he had intentions to live abroad and take no part in KL or UK thus perhaps didn't bother to seek out Sponsorship in UK for 2018 ??

Just an opinion.

6 hours ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

It read to me as if this was a young, ambitious sportsman, keen to be all that he could be in his career. Give the guy a break!

Nothing out of order in that article at all. I found it refreshingly honest, clear and considered. Look forward to watching him entertain us again in 2018.

I'm sure he is ambitious,he should be..He clearly wanted away,thats fine.But it seems he's is hinting that Buster might of stalled on team building or not let him talk to other teams until it was to late or the interested teams filled the place..I'm sure if he was allowed to talk to other teams he wouldn't of mentioned he might have to use old bikes and that he hopes they don't breakdown when doing a deal..At best he needs a PR person,at worst,he's having a dig and his heart isn't in it.If I was Buster I wouldn't be pleased..A well maintained 2017 motor will be as reliable as a well maintained 2018 motor..

I might be in the minority ,but think Lambo's 2018 season at Lynn might not go to smoothly..I hope i'm wrong.My glass might be half empty.We shall see.

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 hours ago, DWP said:

That’s for the compliment. But I am only looking after Nicklas in Poland, Denmark and Sweden. Plus with plans to move from West Norfolk to France myself in 2018 will only come to Lynn on the odd occasion. 

I am sure that Nicklas realises he is lucky to have you in his corner. Mick Brattley did a similar job for Hans when he was at Peterborough, & even sorting flights, etc out was a near full time job for him. Must add that Mick also had a full time job as well. Are you planning to retire in France David ?

As expected, the two latest additions to the Stars line-up  are Robert Lambert and Lewis Kerr.   Both having taking it upon themselves to release this information prior to the official announcement.     Two riders who know the Lynn set up well and have ridden here for many years.      Strange point of interest with these two, is that Kerr is probably the most consistent  'Gater' in the team, whereas Lambert would  love to add that pedigree to his armoury.      Probably with Kerr  and Lambert as team mates,  Lewis could learn Robert some inner beliefs needed at the starts, that would not only benefit Robert, but also the Stars team as well.     

We can but hope.....  :t:

Only two Friday's to go before the Drums Roll and the Trumpet Fanfare of the Fan's Forum - the excitement rises to hysteria level in the new "undreamt of changes and improvements" policy of the new promotion. Having seen the return of a football playing striker returning to low level Lincoln on the national TV news, I am expecting NKI ( if indeed it is he at No.1 ) to at least do a flyby of the East Anglia region in a Lancaster bomber and parachute onto the centre green at the AFA. Ot is it to be Gino Manzares arriving on a Jet Pack - that should make the news! That is what I call undreamt of. Which will it be that makes real headlines outside of East Anglia?

I have just paid £3  to read  a Tour Brochure just to get to the article on Lambert.    Good old Speedway Star.  Great marketing that to get people to pay their hard earned to have to be subjected to that.  Its like Lego  getting people to pay £8 to watch a 90 minutes advert (Movie) for their product.  Very Clever marketing indeed.

9 hours ago, proud panther said:

I am sure that Nicklas realises he is lucky to have you in his corner. Mick Brattley did a similar job for Hans when he was at Peterborough, & even sorting flights, etc out was a near full time job for him. Must add that Mick also had a full time job as well. Are you planning to retire in France David ?

Yes Nicklas is very appreciative for all I have done for him from the time he first came to King’s Lynn. We are the very best of friends and he is like a son to me. Though I won’t miss the time taken sorting flights and the trips at 3am to Stansted etc. He is excited about the new season, certain things I can’t reveal at present, which will be announced within a month. Not doing UK was a decision we made at the end of last season and I think this will be good for him. We were approached by a number of UK Clubs, but said thanks but no thanks for 2018. In discussion with Dale, we all agreed Nicklas was not right for Lynn and Lynn was not right for Nicklas this coming season. Re myself, I have plenty to sort before moving to France, but yes I plan to retire in Normandy. Good wine, food and relaxing plus getting back to oil painting which I haven’t done for years. (The next Monet Ha ha ! ) I have looked at logistics and it is still easy for me to fly to Poland, Sweden and Denmark to watch Nicklas race. I will still look after certain aspects for him, but not having to arrange 4 flights a week and trips back and forth to Stansted will make life so much easier.  

Philip ..... You have to admit the contents of this Week's edition are poor,  to say the least.   Page's of Adverts, 4/5 pages on Exeter speedway form the 70's.  Another few page's with an  article on the New Zealand  lad following up on 3 pages on the same guy last week.  As for current up to date news.  It is, IMHO very poor.  Tell me where I am wrong Philip ?  I know it can be difficult to get news worthy items at this time of year, but really I think your readership deserves better than this.  Looks very much like a lack of effort has gone into it.....Then to add in a 24 page ( yep 24!!) advertising brochure, is really something else.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1