British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

25 minutes ago, g13webb said:

The Lambert article in this weeks Speedway Star indicates he has agreed to ride for the Stars this year only,  but it also says he didn't want to ,  He wanted to go elsewhere but his hands were tied...       It also said he would be riding old equipment because he needed additional sponsors to finance new machinery.    

As a Stars supporter,   it wasn't good reading at all,  he appears to be moaning about all and sundry, instead of being happy and looking forward to the new season.     I read it as though he cant wait to leave..........           

So basically he is saying Stars fans should look forward to a poor season from him unless he gets sponsorship to get better equipment. Why would he not want to ride for his home club?

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Wasn't Andersen given a 4.00 average

I believe so, and Riss is 5.75 so going by your figures they would fit? I like Riss, seems to have something about him and should be able to improve a fair bit.

45 minutes ago, g13webb said:

The Lambert article in this weeks Speedway Star indicates he has agreed to ride for the Stars this year only,  but it also says he didn't want to ,  He wanted to go elsewhere but his hands were tied...       It also said he would be riding old equipment because he needed additional sponsors to finance new machinery.    

As a Stars supporter,   it wasn't good reading at all,  he appears to be moaning about all and sundry, instead of being happy and looking forward to the new season.     I read it as though he cant wait to leave..........           

If that’s the case I’d have said bye bye if I was Buster - thought we was only signing riders with the right attitude? that’s gone out the window then - a fully committed 1-7 is what’s needed surely 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Haza said:

If that’s the case I’d have said bye bye if I was Buster - thought we was only signing riders with the right attitude? that’s gone out the window then - a fully committed 1-7 is what’s needed surely 

Check out @silverbee52’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/silverbee52/status/951391168528506880?s=09

51 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Much depends if he used his bikes in the Prem & Champ last season or had separate? If he used the same bikes they will be 80? meetings old and in need of decent investment to refresh them. If they have only done one season in the Prem then with a little TLC they should be fine for another year. Im surprised that promoters don't have conditions regarding the amount / quality of machinery that a rider uses at the top level?

Either way it doesn't sound like he is a happy camper so id expect this saga to continue along with some dubious sick notes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

A rather childish attitude and in any case, there is nothing wrong with using old equipment, as long as it's maintained.

So whose job is it to secure backing from sponsors?  Maybe they like someone who has a positive outlook and the vision to look forward, plenty of heavily sponsored riders in the past who have only been moderately successful but have gone out and worked for the backing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Check out @silverbee52’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/silverbee52/status/951391168528506880?s=09

Don't read to good to me.Seems like he wanted out but Buster wouldn't have it.I would of let him go.

Can you imagine him saying to a new club while cutting a deal, that he could be on old bikes and hope they don't break down.....

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Is that article some sort of p155 take???

why would you want an over rated, jumped up tw@t of a primadonna in your team? He has basically said he doesnt want to ride for Kings Lynn but has no choice. 

Sorry but i cannot understand how people stick up for this guy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Robert Lambert will still give 100% for King's Lynn as he said in the article.And i am sure he will have decent equipment too.

Are you sure about that ? My guess there will be a few sick notes over the course of the season 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Is that article some sort of p155 take???

why would you want an over rated, jumped up tw@t of a primadonna in your team? He has basically said he doesnt want to ride for Kings Lynn but has no choice. 

Sorry but i cannot understand how people stick up for this guy. 

That’s not how it comes across to me. It’s just his perspective as a rider and that’s fair enough. We all know the asset system is rubbish and holds riders to ransom.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Seems like he could do with a new PR man, judging by some of the comments in that article. Could do a lot worse than asking DWP in my opinion, as he always supported Porsing in a very positive manner, in my opinion.

That’s for the compliment. But I am only looking after Nicklas in Poland, Denmark and Sweden. Plus with plans to move from West Norfolk to France myself in 2018 will only come to Lynn on the odd occasion.