British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

Yes it is in his office upstairs but buster loves Nicki Pedersen and Pedersen loves the Lynn track that’s why there have been rumours of him coming back for the last few years. He said it did not fit in with his commitments back then but now they have fixed race nights things may be different 

5 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

Yes it is in his office upstairs but buster loves Nicki Pedersen and Pedersen loves the Lynn track that’s why there have been rumours of him coming back for the last few years. He said it did not fit in with his commitments back then but now they have fixed race nights things may be different 

I might be in the minority,and as exciting as Nicki is to watch,coming back from a bad injury on a 9 point average? I wouldn't have him.Would be ok on a 7 though:D

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Who's putting in for the new job of Head of Social Media and Marketing Communications then.Just seen this on the Lynn website.Seems like there is certainly a major change in this area already planned then:approve:

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Who's putting in for the new job of Head of Social Media and Marketing Communications then.Just seen this on the Lynn website.Seems like there is certainly a major change in this area already planned then:approve:

After all the moaning on here I would expect it to be one of "those" particular members of this forum........... they can then set about delivering what they have claimed should be "easy"!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DizzAssStar said:

After all the moaning on here I would expect it to be one of "those" particular members of this forum........... they can then set about delivering what they have claimed should be "easy"!!

Lets be honest no one could do much worse than the last few season on the media front . Fingers crossed this is the beginning of a new dawn . 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

It is a veru very easy job.

The issue is what parameters you have to work with.

There's not going to be a mass budget to really deliver whats required

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

I see a degree in English is required, that will be difficult to find in Norfolk and is definitely an essential requirement for Speedway.  :lol:  

• Thanks 1

I'd love it if Nicki did come back!!! He was my favourite when he rode for us. My dad stopped going when we dropped to the 2nd tier. As a casual fan that's fair enough. But he's always saying if Nicki returned he would. I'd doubt it would happen though but I'd buzz! A nostalgia thing I'd guess. Surely it would have been easy to have got a generic KLS bike cover in the picture though. 

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

He's one of my all time favourite Lynn riders and I'd rather keep those memories.

Can only see him returning in 2018 as a shadow of his former self after recent injury.

This will be his last year in the GP's too, I believe retirement at the end of the season will be for him.

So, Nicki is also a no thanks from me too

I can't quite agree there. If he was on a sensible average, and bearing in mind the lack of other GP riders in the UK, I would have thought he has a point to prove, and may want to go out on a high, rather than with a wimper. He is a very determined character!  If he could regain some sort of form, he is quite capable of wiping the floor with many riders (not literally) I think he still holds the track record at Saddlebow Road? I think its highly unlikely we shall see him at Lynn, but who knows what the new Promotion has in mind? He would certainly put bums on seats, mine included.

2 hours ago, Haza said:

Lets be honest no one could do much worse than the last few season on the media front . Fingers crossed this is the beginning of a new dawn . 

Whilst I don't disagree with what you are saying it's not about doing "worse"............. its about doing better!

My earlier somewhat tongue in cheek post was aimed at those who have shown so much negativity whilst spouting just how easy communication between club and fans could be.

Well.................. here's their chance!!!!!   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

It is a veru very easy job.

The issue is what parameters you have to work with.

There's not going to be a mass budget to really deliver whats required

Like anything,it is only easy when you know how.I for one wouldn't know where to start.

Edited by tellboy

6 hours ago, tellboy said:

5 hours ago, Haza said:

They want a degree in English. Surely a degree in marketing would be much more useful?!

Also whoever takes over will have to spend hours unblocking everyone! They blocked me when they switched twitter accounts because they wanted to rebrand and I tweeted them saying they should keep the old account with it's followers and just change the header and logo on the account. How was that worthy of a block? It was decent advise, why throw away the 1000s of followers you already had for no reason?

The more I think about that picture with Nickis bike the less sense it makes to have it there unless he has signed. It's the picture that will always be associated with the co promoter joining and has all nickis sponsors in it. Maybe there is a potential deal with one of those sponsors much like the holder one last season to pay his wages. It wouldn't have taken much to have used a generic lynn cover on a bike and made the picture look professional. So I'm starting to think it could be an obvious hint