British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

12 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

I'm never going to be a fan boy over a big name signing again after last season. I guess I'm a cynical person now with it. Doyle was missing so many heat 15s for Swindon. That sort of thing bugs me a bit. 

Probably because he was riding with a broken foot for most of the season.  When he was needed to ride in Heat 15 - he was there!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Probably because he was riding with a broken foot for most of the season.  When he was needed to ride in Heat 15 - he was there!

Good point. Only Lynn fans could try and find a negative in the potential signing of the WORLD CHAMPION?!?

The whole Holder debacle was regrettable, but we shouldn't let the actions of one rider (who was struggling for form) ruin any excitement about future big name signings.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, g13webb said:

As promoters go, Buster is unique in that he owns the Stadium, and all the stalls that sell the merchandise,. He also has a Stock-cars  Business should he need to fall back on

I'm pretty sure Buster doesn't own the merchandise stalls, and also I think the stock are run by a different company that pay rent to Buster

It's a moot point discussing Doyle because as I understand it, he's not coming.

i also noticed a rider seemed happy on twitter yesterday and the most recent people he's followed are Dale and two (potential) new team mates. Seem to point he's in the mix for a team spot. Wont spoil the fun by naming him :D

4 hours ago, stevehone said:

I'm pretty sure Buster doesn't own the merchandise stalls, and also I think the stock are run by a different company that pay rent to Buster

And I'm pretty sure  that he does get the profits from the bars etc and also does rent the track out to TSR for the Stock Cars. TSR (the promoters) get the gate receipts, Chapman gets all the catering receipts. Dont know though how the running costs are split between the two.

5 hours ago, stevehone said:

As per usual you appear desperate to pick faults with anything I posts.    The comments were made to illustrate the dire situation our sport is in and the pressures placed on the shoulders of the promoters.    The comparisons between Buster and the majority of the other promoters, were to highlight different scenarios  that each exist.     Probably Buster doesn't own the merchandise but the point being made, is he would take a draw from it.  as he would with everything else that is sold on the night.  This is something most promoters wouldn't get.   

Whether Buster runs the Stockcar or not is irrelevant.   The point that was  that the StockCar provides another form of income, so if the speedway did go disastrously wrong,  all wouldn't be lost.   

Having spoken with you a number of times face to face,  I thought you came across as a decent chap.   but then again,  probably I was  wrong on that as well .  

3 hours ago, Speedball said:

i also noticed a rider seemed happy on twitter yesterday and the most recent people he's followed are Dale and two (potential) new team mates. Seem to point he's in the mix for a team spot. Wont spoil the fun by naming him :D

But you could do ;)

22 minutes ago, g13webb said:

As per usual you appear desperate to pick faults with anything I posts.    The comments were made to illustrate the dire situation our sport is in and the pressures placed on the shoulders of the promoters.    The comparisons between Buster and the majority of the other promoters, were to highlight different scenarios  that each exist.     Probably Buster doesn't own the merchandise but the point being made, is he would take a draw from it.  as he would with everything else that is sold on the night.  This is something most promoters wouldn't get.   

Whether Buster runs the Stockcar or not is irrelevant.   The point that was  that the StockCar provides another form of income, so if the speedway did go disastrously wrong,  all wouldn't be lost.   

Having spoken with you a number of times face to face,  I thought you came across as a decent chap.   but then again,  probably I was  wrong on that as well .  

just stating the situation with other income.

too many people these days seem to have digs about the management at Kings Lynn or lack of communication, but if there's no news what's the point of putting out a press release to say there's no news?

i'm one to say it as i see it, and sometimes people go well over the top demanding what's not there

Edited by stevehone
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Speedball said:

Ty Proctor? What average would he be on?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AlexBrady said:

Ty Proctor? What average would he be on?

Top detective work sir :D

Possibly 2+2=5 or maybe not. Just seems a bit random for him to suddenly follow 3 Lynn related accounts in one go.

Think the conversion rate is 1.3 so that would make him 5.50. 

Means we should always have a strong reserve (either Kerr, Rose or Proctor) to partner Andersen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Looking poor if you ask me, even with the inclusion of NKI

2. Lewis Kerr 5.06

3. Thomas Jorgensen 5.93

4. Ty Proctor 5.50

6. Gino Manzarez 4.19

7. Kasper Andersen 4.00

Ave: 24.68

Remaining: 17.82

Maybe not so bad IF NKI and R. Lambert were the other two.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

2. Lewis Kerr 5.06

3. Thomas Jorgensen 5.93

4. Ty Proctor 5.50

6. Gino Manzarez 4.19

7. Kasper Andersen 4.00

A very ordinary Championship side if Iversen isn’t included- but that’s were we are at the Premiership isn’t much stronger than the Championship- at this stage of the winter I’m normally getting excited towards the new season so far I’m not even looking forward to the new season even the clubs that’s signed riders there is nothing new nothing to get excited about sadly as for Lynn they might as well get on announcing the team as it will be more or less common knowledge by the supporters get together in January. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

2. Lewis Kerr 5.06

3. Thomas Jorgensen 5.93

4. Ty Proctor 5.50

6. Gino Manzarez 4.19

7. Kasper Andersen 4.00

Don't think Manzarez is in the 1-7 though I've heard he's keen. Replace him with Lewis Rose. Lewis Kerr at reserve.

Adding Iversen & Lambert is a must. I'm sure Niels will be back, all the signs point that way. Guess depends on what happens with talks with Robert. 

4 hours ago, Speedball said:

Top detective work sir :D

Possibly 2+2=5 or maybe not. Just seems a bit random for him to suddenly follow 3 Lynn related accounts in one go.

Think the conversion rate is 1.3 so that would make him 5.50. 

Means we should always have a strong reserve (either Kerr, Rose or Proctor) to partner Andersen.

Would rather MPT on a 5.57 myself.We shall see.