British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

Am I the only one to hear the whispers of Doyle riding for the Stars  ???       I heard it today from a second source ,   from  a steward  who is usually in the know...

Interesting. ......      

28 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Am I the only one to hear the whispers of Doyle riding for the Stars  ???       I heard it today from a second source ,   from  a steward  who is usually in the know...

Interesting. ......      

It’s interesting but I really can’t see how the finances add up he’d want a small fortune in wages and rightly so being the World Champion. Sorry can’t see it happening 

8 minutes ago, Haza said:

It’s interesting but I really can’t see how the finances add up he’d want a small fortune in wages and rightly so being the World Champion. Sorry can’t see it happening 

If they sign Dolye and the new reserve on a 4,and are taking to Lambo again,is that reseve a gamble on a 4 ??.The mind boggles

6 hours ago, semion said:

Reading that Lynn are in discussion with Lambert about his plans for next season. Does this mean they had no idea of his plans not to ride before his public announcement ?  So much for a more professional balance to the club going forward when you didn't have an idea that your star attraction wasn't coming back. 

Same old, same old

I'm pretty sure that they said the club would hold FURTHER talks with Lambert on Radio Norfolk this afternoon.

On 18/12/2017 at 7:10 AM, g13webb said:

Thanks for the update of Roberts location.   Its puts a different  angle on it,  but  had he wanted to ride this wouldn't have stopped him. 

I have no problem with the tickets being sent out that late,  but expected some form of confirmation before then.    I have ordered 2 tickets for people who will have to travel down and have day off work.   Have they to wait  until the tickets arrive before booking that day off work??   Having ordered them early,  I feel a confirmation Email would have been so easily arranged.

I too believe THJ will be more than capable of attaining a decent average.  They say form is temporary, where ability is forever. and few can doubt his ability.   Most of his bad scores could be attributed to poor machinery, and using borrowed equipment , but I sure with a settled team, and decent bike he will more than hold his own.....       Apparently he is a wonderful rider to have in the pits and always wanting to help and encourage others....      Something a close team desperately needs........

The confirmations/tickets will be sent out from today, hopefully your friends will consequently have time to book their evening off for January? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trees said:

The confirmations/tickets will be sent out from today, hopefully your friends will consequently have time to book their evening off for January? 

Arrived this morning....

13 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm pretty sure that they said the club would hold FURTHER talks with Lambert on Radio Norfolk this afternoon.

I'll have to remember to listen in ........      :wink:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mrss said:

Not many people on here have mentioned Lewis Rose for a team place. I have been told he is in next seasons team as well Iversen. 

Think his exclusion by many is down to his closeness with Holder and the constant backing he gave him.

Also the same reason some are saying Lambert is to be left out

18 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Looks as if the My Way or the Highway scenario still rules at KLS then.

It’s vital for any new additions to the team is to not question the promotion and to be a total yes man or the exit door is shown .

We need riders who understand that it is not enough to turn up ride a bike for 5 mins load up and bugger off to the next gig.  Holder and Batch were poor signings in hindsight, did either really want to be there ? I think not. They showed total contempt for the Club and the supporters. Mug punters we are not and won't be treated as such. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deltafox said:

Doyle to KL ,Never Rossiter has even said he is tricky to deal with! has same tantrum mentality as oldreholder and bratchelor.You dont need petulant cry babies you need men who can race a  big fast track.As for all the second guessing i heard this i heard that [From a steward !! like he knows].Just wait for the news its not hard is it!.

You may be very pleased with what you read.

Also Agree with Semion you need loyalty .As for Lambert his head is bigger than his talent, good yes ,good enough  No, not yet in my opinion i have seen him loose more races in uk than win !If he is offered a place [and he has been by virue KL are still talking] thats good, if not, no big problem.Going onto Social media canvassing support is childish and pointless dont you know your own mind boy !

Yeah, because Jason Doyle can't ride big, fast tracks. He was hopeless in the Aussie GP this year, wasn't he!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I find it very funny how people say that holder and batchelor were not team men? All 7 of the squad stuck together last season and that's why the big fall out happened. Clubmen they are not but team men then I can't see why you wouldn't want them in your 1-7. All 7 of them were very close knit. Unfortunately it was to each other and not the club. If things had gone other way and meeting abandoned after 8 heats I bet we would have carried on and easily made the play  offs. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, semion said:

We need riders who understand that it is not enough to turn up ride a bike for 5 mins load up and bugger off to the next gig.  Holder and Batch were poor signings in hindsight, did either really want to be there ? I think not. They showed total contempt for the Club and the supporters. Mug punters we are not and won't be treated as such. 

Really don't see how this whole thing of them two were poor signings etc is still going on. Holder struggled, but wasn't just for Lynn, it was his other teams too. Batch literally added nearly two points to his average and became number 1. We won away at Poole the night before it all went pair shaped and everyone was saying how great the team was. People need to remember that it wasn't just Batch and Holder that had issues that night it all kicked off, the whole team did. It was just those two were literally singled out by one man who knew that he couldn't do it to others otherwise Lynn fans would have turned on him. 

Look what happened after that, the team went from play offs to almost getting pipped by Leicester and put in the relegation play off. Riders lost all respect for the man in charge. 

That being said, It's about time to just focus on next season. What's happened has happened, it can't be changed. Whoever signs, support them and hopefully it will be a good season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScottCampos178 said:

Really don't see how this whole thing of them two were poor signings etc is still going on. Holder struggled, but wasn't just for Lynn, it was his other teams too. Batch literally added nearly two points to his average and became number 1. We won away at Poole the night before it all went pair shaped and everyone was saying how great the team was. People need to remember that it wasn't just Batch and Holder that had issues that night it all kicked off, the whole team did. It was just those two were literally singled out by one man who knew that he couldn't do it to others otherwise Lynn fans would have turned on him. 

Look what happened after that, the team went from play offs to almost getting pipped by Leicester and put in the relegation play off. Riders lost all respect for the man in charge. 

That being said, It's about time to just focus on next season. What's happened has happened, it can't be changed. Whoever signs, support them and hopefully it will be a good season.

Not just the riders some fans lost respect of the man in charge - since then I’m more and more convinced the dumping of Holder and Batch was more about cost cutting than anything else 

Holder and lynn didn't really work out from day 1. I found myself struggling to support him from day 1. He came across as a bit of a rock star. I wasn't really enjoying speedway at the time he was dropped. The 2'nd half was full of hungry riders with points to prove. We lost loads but it was a team of tryers and everybody can relate to that. If we could have 6 of them back plus Niels I would take that now.

doyle would be a 1 season wonder. Ride lynn this year, then Swindon again. Then who knows. Niels feels like a lynn rider.

I'm never going to be a fan boy over a big name signing again after last season. I guess I'm a cynical person now with it. Doyle was missing so many heat 15s for Swindon. That sort of thing bugs me a bit. 

Iversen, lindgren, no 8+ rider, Doyle, some billy big nuts gp rider doing the uk a favour. That would be my order of prefference

• Like 1

It's been said, that all but 3 clubs, operated last year at a lost.   That being the case, then lets think for one moment what's going through the head of them promoters when trying to assemble a team for next year .   Any business  venture is a gamble in so much that its your money on the line.   You have to appeal to Punters and Sponsors to support you ideas. and failing that, you will find yourself in trouble.

As promoters go, Buster is unique in that he owns the Stadium, and all the stalls that sell the merchandise,. He also has a Stock-cars  Business should he need to fall back on, so he can pull the plug if speedway was such a drain.    Others promoters don't have that luxury.   They are putting their belief on the line at their own expense,  I admire that...

We have all proportioned blame to the BSPA in the past for the state the sport is in, but this year is  probably the last chance saloon, It has to work...   

I just hope the punters don't expect too much and find it within themselves to support this diluted existence.....