British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

23 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Started to show signs of being way above his station and his behaviour on social media kissing Holder's butt wasn't great reading.

The way I see it is he's looking to join the Pirates but Chapman is sticking firm on not allowing anyone to speak to his asset.

Having read some posts on the Poole thread it seems Ford is not allowing Holder out on loan and will only sell him. 

Putting both situations together getting 2+2 making half a dozen I'm hoping it means promoters are standing firm together and putting a stop to the tail wagging the dog.

please someone tell me I'm not dreaming :wink:

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

I first heard a whisper a week back, but didn't take too much notice.   I didn't want to believe it,  but it now appears to be true.     When thinking about the logistics of Lambert's situation ,  with him living locally,  and  only riding in the Sweden, and Polish 2nd division,  if he cant accommodate riding in the UK, then what chance do we have of appealing to anyone of quality.

Disappointed for sure, and I feel he is wrong to turn his back on his home track and fans.   He has a long way to go before he is anywhere near being a good No 1, so am surprised he's taken this decision to leave without conquering these shores.  

Probably I was right in what I wrote  back then ........  and yes its a REAL SHAME.......     He has so much more to learn.....

I believe Robert now lives in Germany with his girlfriend 

4 hours ago, Haza said:

I’ve heard a young Dane Kasper Andersen is in the frame for a team place . I’ve never heard of him to be honest 

Sixth in Danish Under 21 Championship

2nd in Fritte Cup (season long competition for up and coming riders)

Rode a few Danske Metal League matches for Esbjerg, including a 13 paid 18 at Grindsted where he beat Porsing, Bellego and Patrick Hansen 11-nil

Scored 4 points for Sweden in  European Under 21 Team Final (he was out scored by all four Latvians)

He is one of a number of promising Danes of similar ability - Patrick Hansen, Jonas Jeppesen, Jason Jorgensen, Andreas Lyager, Mikkel B Andersen - all of whom could turn into decent riders but none of whom look like future GP stars. Most likely top stars among Danish under 21 riders are Frederik Jakobsen, Tim Sorensen and Mads Hansen (the latter two only moved from 85cc to 500cc last year so are still very young).

Jakobsen would be worth considering for a PL place, the others would probably be better suited to the CL [subject to assessed averages being appropriate.]

8 hours ago, Haza said:

I’ve heard a young Dane Kasper Andersen is in the frame for a team place . I’ve never heard of him to be honest 

Did see his profile on the GSK Facebook page the other day that he seems to have a British club lined up which "can't be announced yet", so definitely think he will be over here next year, but figured it would be for a Championship side personally.

15 minutes ago, MrMungo said:

Did see his profile on the GSK Facebook page the other day that he seems to have a British club lined up which "can't be announced yet", so definitely think he will be over here next year, but figured it would be for a Championship side personally.

You may be right :D

7 hours ago, therefused said:

You really are a moron. I don’t understand what you have against Robert, any chance to slate him and you will. 

Obviously a personal issue,    I'm too long in the tooth to start calling people name,   I stopped doing that at junior school.  

But I must have missed something in that post,  as I don't remember slating Lambert one bit.   I actually said I was disappointed he was leaving.    

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Perhaps Robert Lambert does not want two meetings a week in Britain otherwise he will be riding

Sunday ...Poland

Monday GB

Tuesday .. Sweden and

Wednesday y..GB

He probably assumed fixed nights meant one meeting per week

He will be riding Saturdays for Lublin, not Sundays

7 hours ago, Greg said:

So anyway back to the team maybe something like this 

1. ???
  2. Lewi Kerr
  3. Erik Riss ??? 
  4. Thomas Jorgensen