British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

Just seen this on robin brundles linked in page so he is involved in some sort of capacity at the speedway as a commercial manager or co promoter

Follow Follow Robin Brundle

Managing Director and Executive Officer

1 article

Would you like to join me in sponsoring a UK Premier league Speedway team?

Team naming rights for £40k through to just £1k for general sponsorship.

Probably the most exciting form of motorsport in the world - come and enjoy the sponsorship experience.

Just seen this on robin brundles linked in page so he is involved in some sort of capacity at the speedway as a commercial manager or co promoter

1 article

Probably the most exciting form of motorsport in the world - come and enjoy the sponsorship experience.

as per normal we find more information from other media outlets than our own club absolute disgrace how the club treats its fans . Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

1 article

The club are clearly looking for a new main team sponsor according to Robins post. I wonder why Trucks R us are not renewing? Could Roger Warnes Transport take the opportunity up once again?

The club are clearly looking for a new main team sponsor according to Robins post. I wonder why Trucks R us are not renewing? Could Roger Warnes Transport take the opportunity up once again?

think there is more chance of you and your dad making your differences up than Roger Warnes sponsoring the team again .

As for Truck R Us bet they couldnt wait to get away from the club after the shambles of 2017

Edited by Haza

Maybe Mark could come back again JC. Can't see Roger chucking 40k at it. Now or before

Not like the days when JC was there and they had 3, yes 3 main Sponsors. People mentioned a 6 figure sum with Money Centre, Banham and Jark all onboard. Happy days

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

Maybe Mark could come back again JC. Can't see Roger chucking 40k at it. Now or before

Not like the days when JC was there and they had 3, yes 3 main Sponsors. People mentioned a 6 figure sum with Money Centre, Banham and Jark all onboard. Happy days

Mark Alexander now resides abroad and rarely visits the speedway. He is one of my closest friends and can not see why he would be tempted. However, i am sure there are many company's out there wishing to get on board.

Robin is a great guy with good connections and a strong business acumen. I wish him success and hope his involvement at the club does not just stop at just at attracting new sponsors.

Edited by jchapman

How easy is it to attract sponsors who dont already have a love of the sport?

Do you push the TV coverage, the local media presence, the demographic reach or are there other buttons to press?

I hate the way the sport is so insular and I think fan sponsors often get thought of as fans and almost without thinking are not treated as they should. Not in every case.

How easy is it to attract sponsors who dont already have a love of the sport?

Do you push the TV coverage, the local media presence, the demographic reach or are there other buttons to press?.

Some great questions and ones which get harder and harder to answer with each year that goes by. In truth social media is now a big selling point and Tai for example is at the top of his game in that respect.

The clubs need to follow his lead.

Edited by jchapman

Aren't Trucks R us one of Chris Holder's sponsors??? :wink:

I was told that the sponsorship was connected to the signing of Holder. ;) No Holder, No 'Truck R Us'

Assuming they are all willing and able I'd look at Iversen, Lambert, Jorgensen, Palm Toft, Kerr & Rose and then see what's left.

So going with that......

Lambert 7.38

Jorgensen 5.93

Toft 5.57

Rose 5.25

Kerr 5.06

which leaves 13.21 for the other two. Others who may be in the frame are

Porsing 4.73

Auty 4.68

Jonasson 4.64

Anyone know Puk's average?

Edited by Gordon Bennett

So going with that......

Lambert 7.38

Jorgensen 5.93

Toft 5.57

Rose 5.25

Kerr 5.06

Porsing 4.73

Auty 4.68

Jonasson 4.64

Gino manzares 4.18......

Has always done ok in the SWC at Lynn

Dont know nielss average but 4.18 would leave 9.03 he may just fit in that!!??

Who in their right mind would want to sign THJ? A complete dud and definitely on the downward slope of his career/talent

The one thing he has in his favour is his average, which may well find him slotted into a side at the end of the team building.

So going with that......

Lambert 7.38

Jorgensen 5.93

Toft 5.57

Rose 5.25

Kerr 5.06

Porsing 4.73

Auty 4.68

Jonasson 4.64

Nicklas is not doing UK in 2018. Will be doing Poland, Sweden and Denmark. Before AGM signed 2 year contract for a Danish team. So even if he thought of changing his mind, the set nights of Wednesday’s would not enable this now.